Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cass Business School : Applicants and Decisions 2012

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Who is going to the invite day and which one is everyone going to?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaredofexams)
    Who is going to the invite day and which one is everyone going to?
    I am going to the invite day on the 7th of March and how about you?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer for accounting and finance A*AA but i dont think i'll get those grades , i might get AAA ( if i reset all exam from january cause I really messed upon those), would they still accept me ?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Course: Actuarial Science
    Date of offer: Beginning of Jan
    Offer: A*AA
    AS-levels: AAB
    Predicted A2s: A*AA

Hoping to meet people from here on the open day
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neverloggedin)

Which open day are you going to?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Probably the one on April as it's so cold on Feb :/ What about you ?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Date of offer: November sometime
    Offer: A* Maths, A Further Maths
    GCSEs: 7 A*, 3A, 2B
    Predicted A2s: I've spread over 3 years, so at the end of this it should be (marks in brackets are predictions): a(a)ABP(A*)(A*)(M) in Philos&Ethics, Politics, Law, Eco&Bus, OU Yass, Maths, FMaths, AEAMaths
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oops double post :/

Are you firming Cass? Where else did you apply for Actuarial - soz to be nosy but I havent found many people in the discussion threads for my other applications
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha no problem! Probably by the looks of it. I had applied to LSE, UCL, CASS, Royal Holloway and Queen Mary. So far I have had a rejection from LSE, no reply yet from UCL, offers from rest. If UCL does not give me an offer, I will be firming CASS What about you?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Probably the one on April as it's so cold on Feb :/ What about you ?
    Lol well I will be going to the one in March. Are you from the U.K?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lol well I will be going to the one in March. Are you from the U.K?
    Yup, I actually live in London What about you? Just booked the one on March as I may be busy on April
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha no problem! Probably by the looks of it. I had applied to LSE, UCL, CASS, Royal Holloway and Queen Mary. So far I have had a rejection from LSE, no reply yet from UCL, offers from rest. If UCL does not give me an offer, I will be firming CASS What about you?
    Oh, I was trying to stay away from London when I applied, so only applied to CASS. Little bit scared off now by the costs of the accomodation so I'm not so sure anymore. I applied to Keele, Kent, Leeds, CASS, UEA, and I'm only waiting for UEA now. Definitely firming Keele though (I think) :heart:.

What made you choose CASS?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaySaam)
    Oh, I was trying to stay away from London when I applied, so only applied to CASS. Little bit scared off now by the costs of the accomodation so I'm not so sure anymore. I applied to Keele, Kent, Leeds, CASS, UEA, and I'm only waiting for UEA now. Definitely firming Keele though (I think) :heart:.

What made you choose CASS?
    I applied to Kent and UEA Why Keele when its the least reputable for Acturial out of all the ones you applied for?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CloClo7)
    I applied to Kent and UEA Why Keele when its the least reputable for Acturial out of all the ones you applied for?
    I remember you from another thread

I just fell in love with the place, and the modules seemed a lot more focused on the route I want to take. Also the teaching tends to be more focused on work than focused on the theory which places like LSE and Leeds seemed to be when I looked. CASS has put me off by the £8k accomodation fees - no way I can afford that with the loans and grants I'd be getting. And I want to do a Masters at some point, but I wanted to do that at Kent, so I'm not sure about doing UG and PG at the same university, just doesn't seem as good an idea lifestyle-wise, to me anyway.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yup, I actually live in London What about you? Just booked the one on March as I may be busy on April
    Oh that is great I live in Cyprus.
    I may see you in March then :P
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

neverloggedin,

You would prefer UCL rather than Cass? Why, Ive read that Cass is much better?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well CASS is pretty good and for courses like Actuarial Science (compared to Econ & Stats in UCL - closest to actuarial science), it's better in CASS than UCL...

BUT...

I would rather say I study at UCL than CASS as more people have heard of UCL and so the simple reason of prestige is my main urge to study at UCL rather than CASS.

What about you? What course did you apply for? CASS your firm?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I applied to CASS for IFRM. Im predicted 3 As in Physics Maths and Economics. I'm going there in April, hopefully (if the offer is amended)I will see some of you there =) (im from cyprus)
    However, Im so worried they sent me an offer stating that they want 3 As including Further Mathematics but the thing is I've never done it and I dont think i'll manage to achieve an A if I start the FP maths modules at such late notice..
    Did they ask anyone else that they want Further Pure for this course even though you weren't doing in?
    I just hope it's a mistake and they meant mathematics rather than further maths, I've emailed them already asking weather they really do want an A in Further maths, if so I doubt i'll make it =/
    I really want to firm it.. Fingers crossed
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loren.mamedova)
    I applied to CASS for IFRM. Im predicted 3 As in Physics Maths and Economics. I'm going there in April, hopefully (if the offer is amended)I will see some of you there =) (im from cyprus)
    However, Im so worried they sent me an offer stating that they want 3 As including Further Mathematics but the thing is I've never done it and I dont think i'll manage to achieve an A if I start the FP maths modules at such late notice..
    Did they ask anyone else that they want Further Pure for this course even though you weren't doing in?
    I just hope it's a mistake and they meant mathematics rather than further maths, I've emailed them already asking weather they really do want an A in Further maths, if so I doubt i'll make it =/
    I really want to firm it.. Fingers crossed
    Woop, a person from Cyprus
    They may have made a mistake because the first time they sent me my offer, they thought I already had my AA for Applied Business, which I did not, so they had to change it.
    So I am hoping for the best for you!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yep, Limassol to be precise, and you?
    Oh ok, that's great! and I doubt they need further maths for this course(since I know people that had maths and got accepted) so hopefully you're right! How long did it take them to reply to your email? cheered me up, thank you

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 28, 2012
New on TSR

Moving on from GCSEs

What advice would you give someone starting A-levels?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.