The Student Room Group

Jeremy Kyle Is A ****

Scroll to see replies

Original post by somethingbeautiful
I kind of agree that he can be a bit of a bully at times and goads some of them BUT if those people were sat with a social worker instead of Jeremy Kyle they would wrapped up in cotton wool and appeased - at least on Jeremy Kyle someone tells it to them like it is. Some of them need to be told that they're acting like idiots.

But it begs the question, is the 'bullying' meant to be a means of getting them into gear, or is it merely to rile them enough to produce conflict worthy of TV so that ITV's ratings increase? Many would argue that it's the latter...
Reply 61
Original post by somethingbeautiful
I kind of agree that he can be a bit of a bully at times and goads some of them BUT if those people were sat with a social worker instead of Jeremy Kyle they would wrapped up in cotton wool and appeased - at least on Jeremy Kyle someone tells it to them like it is. Some of them need to be told that they're acting like idiots.

Do you really have to have someone bully you on stage to get the message though? Surely you could be told how it is without an audience.
Reply 62
Original post by Kiss
Some mornings I'll turn on the tv to catch the news etc. and of course the Jeremy Kyle Show is on too. I haven't really indepth watch any episodes, but I've always sort of known JK is a bastard.
Anyway, I had enough time to watch a full episode before uni (I don't know why I watched the whole thing), and I couldn't believe how snide and pathetic he is on stage. I mean hiding behind his security guards whilst he goads his guests, the stereotypical underclass chav, and does nothing to actually help them and only insult them. It just gives me the impression that the he can only feel truly good about himself when he is bullying someone and he has an audience - the audience are actually one of the worst aspects of the show.

Okay, I'm not the biggest fan of chavs. But simply because someone is underclass and not highly intelligent doesn't mean they should be embaressed in public. Jeremy Kyle only goes after the low class because it's not a challenge to confront their problems - they're just an easy target to him. He wouldn't dare go up against someone who can speak their mind and logic that one plus one does not equal simply 'another one', anyone moderately intelligent could slate him for what he does.

I'm not saying all reality tv shows are bad. I mean Maury and Jerry Springer may be a little controversial, but they don't judge their guests nearly as much as JK, and they certainly don't insult them for who they are. Hence I do like to watch some reality tv. But let's face it, Jeremy Kyle is a ****er. Maybe it seems that he's trying to 'help' those on tv, but he's not doing a great job about it.

I literally sat down today at 2pm in the house to watch this episode because of what you said.

Its true though, every word, he goads them and isnults them on tv in front of an audience.

Though I must say I was wondering about that handshake/shoulderpunch he did with the stepfather, how did he know? :holmes:
Reply 63
Original post by Iola :}
I literally sat down today at 2pm in the house to watch this episode because of what you said.

Its true though, every word, he goads them and isnults them on tv in front of an audience.

Though I must say I was wondering about that handshake/shoulderpunch he did with the stepfather, how did he know? :holmes:

What episode was it?? :s-smilie:
Reply 64
Original post by Kiss
What episode was it?? :s-smilie:

Tuesday morning :biggrin: x
Reply 65
Original post by Iola :}
Tuesday morning :biggrin: x

Ohhhh right okay
Reply 66
He is a major reality check for these kinds of people but I still can't watch it. It's an affront to 'good tv'.
Reply 67
Original post by Kiss
Some mornings I'll turn on the tv to catch the news etc. and of course the Jeremy Kyle Show is on too. I haven't really indepth watch any episodes, but I've always sort of known JK is a bastard.
Anyway, I had enough time to watch a full episode before uni (I don't know why I watched the whole thing), and I couldn't believe how snide and pathetic he is on stage. I mean hiding behind his security guards whilst he goads his guests, the stereotypical underclass chav, and does nothing to actually help them and only insult them. It just gives me the impression that the he can only feel truly good about himself when he is bullying someone and he has an audience - the audience are actually one of the worst aspects of the show.

Okay, I'm not the biggest fan of chavs. But simply because someone is underclass and not highly intelligent doesn't mean they should be embaressed in public. Jeremy Kyle only goes after the low class because it's not a challenge to confront their problems - they're just an easy target to him. He wouldn't dare go up against someone who can speak their mind and logic that one plus one does not equal simply 'another one', anyone moderately intelligent could slate him for what he does.

I'm not saying all reality tv shows are bad. I mean Maury and Jerry Springer may be a little controversial, but they don't judge their guests nearly as much as JK, and they certainly don't insult them for who they are. Hence I do like to watch some reality tv. But let's face it, Jeremy Kyle is a ****er. Maybe it seems that he's trying to 'help' those on tv, but he's not doing a great job about it.

What I find funny is when he says what are you doing here, go find yourself a job..err Jeremy these are the people that keep you in your job. Without them there would be no Jeremy Show. So deep down inside Jeremy wishes that they don't find a job :biggrin:
Reply 68
Original post by G_S
What I find funny is when he says what are you doing here, go find yourself a job..err Jeremy these are the people that keep you in your job. Without them there would be no Jeremy Show. So deep down inside Jeremy wishes that they don't find a job :biggrin:

Yeah, he's a right dickhead. But I think his ego is going to inflate too big some day, and he'll meet a challenge he can't just shout and bawl at - then he'll get his come-upance.
Reply 69
I hear he will be doing a show in America? Is that true?

That would be funny. They would eat him alive there :smile::smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 70
Now and then when I switch to itv 2 and see JeremY, I always hear "you need a ten up your back..." :confused::confused: what is he saying?
He can go too far, yes, and he is in love with the patronising sound of his own voice which I find annoying.

However, these people do choose to go on there and air their dirty laundry to the nation, so they should be expected to take the conseqences.
Reply 72
That's interesting because a friend of mine were just talking about it.
Stop dissing Jezza Kyle.
Reply 74
Personally, I like Jeremy Kyle. Yes, he can be a complete ass with his classic lines "put something on the end of it" and "excuse me, this is called the Jeremy Kyle Show", but I love the fact that someone points at these scumbags and puts them right in their place on nation television. Considering the things many of his guests have done to others, it's the least they deserve
I think he's one of those guys who is funny to watch but you wouldn't want to meet.

Can't believe 3 people have tweeted this thread
Original post by Kiss
the audience are actually one of the worst aspects of the show.

the camera only ever zooms in on the fit ones though...
Original post by MissLightyear
I find it funny how he tries to force 'why dont you put something on the end of it' into every episode, it hardly fits with the point being made.

Or "WHY DON'T YOU GROW A PAIR!?" That usually has better luck fitting in...
Original post by Kiss

They are not forced to go on the programme.
Reply 79
if he insulted anyone who was big, strong and knew how to throw big lads out of the way, he'd be in a world of hurt.

Thats why he picks on idiots because most of the time they cant do that.

Quick Reply

Latest