The Student Room Group

How much does it cost to get your nails done (on average)?

Scroll to see replies

Does anybody know of any cheap places to get your nails done in the bexleyheath area? I would like it to be cheap but saying that I do not want it to look like I didn't pay much money for them. I want them to look presentable but be in the £15-£20 mark. Thank you x
Reply 21
Original post by Ellie xxx
Does anybody know of any cheap places to get your nails done in the bexleyheath area? I would like it to be cheap but saying that I do not want it to look like I didn't pay much money for them. I want them to look presentable but be in the £15-£20 mark. Thank you x

It's always worth checking Groupon. I usually pay about £25 for a gel manicure but recently found out that, through Groupon, I can get the same manicure, from the same place, for about £15.
I know this isn't answering your question but you should really try to grow them out. I used to have a great nail strengthening cream by Clarins, and force yourself not to bite them. Also, don't leave gel on and let it chip off, or nail polish for that matter - this is pretty bad for your nails; there's probably a wikihow about growing them. I have great nails and I am telling you: holy **** it is 100% worth the effort. They never look tacky and you save yourself a lot of money/time (good nail polish - maybe Nails Inc - and a decent top coat lasts me at least 5 days with no chipping). And you can just remove that **** yourself, none of this booking appointments for application/removal or fake nails growing out and looking crazy.
Reply 23
Original post by Dreadfuse
I know this isn't answering your question but you should really try to grow them out. I used to have a great nail strengthening cream by Clarins, and force yourself not to bite them. Also, don't leave gel on and let it chip off, or nail polish for that matter - this is pretty bad for your nails; there's probably a wikihow about growing them. I have great nails and I am telling you: holy **** it is 100% worth the effort. They never look tacky and you save yourself a lot of money/time (good nail polish - maybe Nails Inc - and a decent top coat lasts me at least 5 days with no chipping). And you can just remove that **** yourself, none of this booking appointments for application/removal or fake nails growing out and looking crazy.

I love Nails Inc stuff although I still find that it's prone to chipping. Gel nails do cost a lot but, with work and everything, they last so much longer. Also, I have a young child. So doing my nails at home is always tricky because she always needs feeding, nappy change etc when my nails are still wet. If only there was some really quick drying nail polish that doesn't chip so easy.

For variety, I sometimes paint a different colour over the gel.
Original post by Andy182
I love Nails Inc stuff although I still find that it's prone to chipping. Gel nails do cost a lot but, with work and everything, they last so much longer. Also, I have a young child. So doing my nails at home is always tricky because she always needs feeding, nappy change etc when my nails are still wet. If only there was some really quick drying nail polish that doesn't chip so easy.

For variety, I sometimes paint a different colour over the gel.

I love their colours! I don't find that it chips, but a) I use a Dior top coat and b) I don't wash dishes or scrub things etc. If you dip your nails in freezing water, that speeds up the drying process. But I see your point, my nails grow very quick so gel/fake is actually a waste, since standard nail polish won't even chip by the time they start to grow out. I didn't consider this. And also, where I stay (Glasgow) some places will do it for £15 (tends to be in random areas), places in the city will do it for £25, some very reputable places will do it for £28-£30 and House of Frasers is like £40. I was so disappointed when I got mine done at HoF and never went back.
Reply 25
Original post by Dreadfuse
I love their colours! I don't find that it chips, but a) I use a Dior top coat and b) I don't wash dishes or scrub things etc. If you dip your nails in freezing water, that speeds up the drying process. But I see your point, my nails grow very quick so gel/fake is actually a waste, since standard nail polish won't even chip by the time they start to grow out. I didn't consider this. And also, where I stay (Glasgow) some places will do it for £15 (tends to be in random areas), places in the city will do it for £25, some very reputable places will do it for £28-£30 and House of Frasers is like £40. I was so disappointed when I got mine done at HoF and never went back.

Have you tried the Nails Inc magnetic nail polish? It's discontinued now but it's my favourite nail polish of all time. If it were possible to have nail polish permanently tattoo'd, that's what I'd have.

Can you believe that I've actually had nail salon's refuse to take a booking from me, because I'm a guy?
Original post by Andy182
Have you tried the Nails Inc magnetic nail polish? It's discontinued now but it's my favourite nail polish of all time. If it were possible to have nail polish permanently tattoo'd, that's what I'd have.

Can you believe that I've actually had nail salon's refuse to take a booking from me, because I'm a guy?

No I have never tried this! Damn :frown:. I just bought YSL Pink Savage and it's the best thing ever! But I am normally pretty boring and go for nudes like Montpelier Walk by Nails Inc or Palais Royal by Dior. I got Peche Nacree by Chanel but tbh I don't really wear it, not muted enough for my samey ass.

That's insane, I am actually really shocked because there are several male makeup artists in the beauty hall of my nearest Frasers and nobody gives a ****. Plus haven't guys been painting their nails since the 80's? Come on man
It costs £25 here to get a normal manicure. Luckily I have no nails so nothing there to manicure
I think about 20-25 pounds because I'm getting mine done
Im starting my own nail business and was wondering who much people would pay on average t get acrylics or express nails done , don't want t charge to much as just starting out .
Reply 30
I'd pay about £30-£40 for a decent set of acrylics. Where abouts will you be based?
Like £30 but if you get diamondsor extra stuff they charge more
Original post by Andy182
I'd pay about £30-£40 for a decent set of acrylics. Where abouts will you be based?

I'd be based in middlesbrough
I'll be based in middlesbrough , I thought asking people about it before I actually put a price down as seems fair
Reply 34
Original post by Nicobrad123
I'll be based in middlesbrough , I thought asking people about it before I actually put a price down as seems fair

Ah, shame. If you were based near Brighton, I'd have looked forward to supporting your venture by becoming a customer.
Original post by Andy182
Ah, shame. If you were based near Brighton, I'd have looked forward to supporting your venture by becoming a customer.

That is a shame , thanks for the advice of pricing tho really appreciate it 😊
Reply 36
That is a shame , thanks for the advice of pricing tho really appreciate it 😊

Well, if I ever find myself in Middlesbrough, I'll know where to get my nails done :wink:
My nails get done through biting and it costs nothing :biggrin:
Im starting my own nail business and was wondering who much people would pay on average t get acrylics or express nails done , don't want t charge to much as just starting out .

I would pay absolute maximum £25 but ideally I'd wanna pay £20
Original post by howitoughttobe
I would pay absolute maximum £25 but ideally I'd wanna pay £20

YER that's what I thought as don't want to charge to much , in some case I'd go to £30 depending on what is used

Quick Reply

Latest