The Student Room Group

How much does it cost to get your nails done (on average)?

I'm thinking about going to get some acrylic nails put on. I have very short nails due to biting them all the time and they look really unattractive and grubby. I've never got them done before. I want the short ones so I can get used to them. I was also wondering if getting them painted would add to the cost? Thanks xx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They are usually £25 including airbrush design / painting.

*I used to get mine done*

Although, I don't think it is a good idea, they will damage your nails.... they grow out quickly and don't last very long, they cost a lot of money when you maintain and do them properly and plus I think they look tacky!
I think it's usually between £25-£30 for a full set of acrylics then between £10-£15 for infills.
Well that was the average price when I last got mine done which was a year or so ago.
£25 for acryclics, which are French manicure style. If you want them painted over with varnish (I don't see why you would pay extra for this as you can do it yourself at home once they've started to grow out, which hides it a little bit) then it will cost extra.

I had acrylics until my own nails grew, I'm also a nail biter. But now my own nails are lovely and long and I have them painted over with shellac, which costs me £15 a time and lasts for 2-3 weeks.
Thank you this really helped and I really needed to know how much it costs since I am going to do it and I want to make sure I bring enough money to pay 😊
You girls have money to spend.. £25 -.-
25 bugs is really fat amount to spend d on nails!
Original post by sophisticated
£25 for acryclics, which are French manicure style. If you want them painted over with varnish (I don't see why you would pay extra for this as you can do it yourself at home once they've started to grow out, which hides it a little bit) then it will cost extra.

I had acrylics until my own nails grew, I'm also a nail biter. But now my own nails are lovely and long and I have them painted over with shellac, which costs me £15 a time and lasts for 2-3 weeks.

About £30 for a French mani x
Reply 8
There's a place near me that does a file and polish for £5

I'm really tempted to go with a Shellac/Gel finish. I had a Shellac manicure a while back but the colour looked different on the nail to how it did in the bottle. I had to pay to have it taken off the following day.
About £30 for a full set of acrylics which last about 2 weeks (looking good). They grow out very quickly though so it's not something I'd get done regularly!
My mum gets acrylic nails done and I think the place she goes to it costs 15
If you like taking care of your nails, there is nothing better than trying out the Nail Kit from Sakare. This affordable and yet polished product is a bestseller and it has everything you want for your nails.

From keep your nail in perfect shape to moistening them, it has everything that you will ever need.
15-20 quid love acrylics but infill them every 3 weeks depending on how fast your nails grow !
where does ur mum get her nails done for £15 get bck to me asap please many thanks samantha moore
where is the cheapest place to get your nails done anyone asap ..
where from :smile:
Where did u get youres 2 was they expensive
Reply 17
I pay around £20 for painted acrylics
Reply 18
There are currently a lot of students studying hair and beauty courses and they're looking out for models to practice on. I'm getting my nails done for free later this week.
I usually get gel polish on my nails and that cists about £15 and I get it done every month and my mum gets acrylics and then refills and they are about £22 each time. She gets them done every 2/3 weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply