The Student Room Group

Ladies I need your help!

Scroll to see replies

Done it :smile:

I'm not a 28-30 back, being a larger lady, but I'm always up for helping a cause like this :smile:

It's disgraceful how some stores do not meet the basic requirements of their customers. Especially in something as essential as bras.
Original post by Lamiaregina
Done it :smile:

I'm not a 28-30 back, being a larger lady, but I'm always up for helping a cause like this :smile:

It's disgraceful how some stores do not meet the basic requirements of their customers. Especially in something as essential as bras.

Thanks very much :smile:

I think so too, bras are something every woman needs whatever size, and stores seem to think that the only sizes that exist start at 32. :frown: Hopefully we'll get somewhere :biggrin:
Original post by LipstickKisses
Thanks very much :smile:

I think so too, bras are something every woman needs whatever size, and stores seem to think that the only sizes that exist start at 32. :frown: Hopefully we'll get somewhere :biggrin:

Yeah, it's probably mostly to do with the rise in obesity in this country. They have to meet the requirements of their customers and unfortunately the 'minority' get pushed aside a little :frown:
Yeah, it's probably mostly to do with the rise in obesity in this country. They have to meet the requirements of their customers and unfortunately the 'minority' get pushed aside a little :frown:

Yeah it is :frown: It's also because a lot of stores measure bras wrong, they add four inches to the underbust measurement instead of rounding it to the nearest number, so a lot of people wearing 32s should actually be wearing 28s...that's the irony of it all! :tongue:
I know, and it seems like in every store they give you a different reading so it's like, well what am I????
I know, and it seems like in every store they give you a different reading so it's like, well what am I????

M&S lie, they use the oudated measuring system. John Lewis and Bravissimo give you the most accurate readings :smile:
M&S lie, they use the oudated measuring system. John Lewis and Bravissimo give you the most accurate readings :smile:

Thanks! :smile: M&S are a bit old fashioned with some things anyway though
Really need some more people!
If youve seen my other thread youll know I did a poll to find the demand for 28 and 30 backed bras, as lingerie stores seem to ignore us and our selection of underwear isnt great. Ive recently been in contact with some high street lingerie stores about the issue and M&S have stated that if enough people write to them saying they want more bras in a 28 and 30 back, they will consider adding more to the range :biggrin: If your underbust measures 30inches or below, or you currently wear a 30 or 28 back, PLEASE contact M&S and tell them you want more bra choice in smaller bandsizes. The link to do that is here:

https://www.marksandspencer.com/gp/contact/
For subject I just clicked 'product availability in local store' it gets to the right people.

Thanks for your help and sorry for all the bra related threads lately :colondollar:

I've done it too; I just can't get the support for mine on any highstreet store, I'm having to struggle with sports bras :colone:
Original post by crocker710
I've done it too; I just can't get the support for mine on any highstreet store, I'm having to struggle with sports bras :colone:

:rofl: You better have actually filled one out. :hmmm:
:rofl: You better have actually filled one out. :hmmm:

I have; although I think they may find it strange when it's headed 'Mr. Thomas Crocker' and the subject matter is bras :colone:
I have; although I think they may find it strange when it's headed 'Mr. Thomas Crocker' and the subject matter is bras :colone:

Should've used a fake name. :facepalm: Ah well, I need as many people as possible so thanks. :tongue:
Should've used a fake name. :facepalm: Ah well, I need as many people as possible so thanks. :tongue:

It wouldn't be as fun :colone: I can't wait for their reply :biggrin:

Although I'll do serious one, seen as it's you :wink:
It wouldn't be as fun :colone: I can't wait for their reply :biggrin:

Although I'll do serious one, seen as it's you :wink:

Awww, thankyou :love: I'll remember this :wink:
Awww, thankyou :love: I'll remember this :wink:

:colone: we need to put this fake-commy plan into action :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending