The Student Room Group

The Portuguese Learners' Society!

I'm just starting to learn Portuguese (Brazil) and I thought it would be great to be able to chat with other learners, beginners or advanced, European Portuguese or Brazilian Portuguese :smile:

Anyone else up for it? :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Olá, i was waiting for someone to do this :biggrin:. so happy i can get in from the start :biggrin:!!
Original post by HomeKAZOKU
Olá, i was waiting for someone to do this :biggrin:. so happy i can get in from the start :biggrin:!!

Boa Noite!
Are you a complete beginner? or have you been learning for a while?
I've just picked up Portuguese from beginners at uni :smile:
Original post by thesilvermagnolia
Boa Noite!
Are you a complete beginner? or have you been learning for a while?
I've just picked up Portuguese from beginners at uni :smile:

Don't u remeber me in your last thread? I'm a beginner :P and my grandma is brazilian but born in africa :P but didnt carry on portuguese in the family.

Self teaching myself! while learning japanese! nice to meet you :biggrin:

E você ?
Original post by HomeKAZOKU
Don't u remeber me in your last thread? I'm a beginner :P and my grandma is brazilian but born in africa :P but didnt carry on portuguese in the family.

Self teaching myself! while learning japanese! nice to meet you :biggrin:

E você ?

Yup! I do remember you, I just thought that it would be good for other people to know who was a beginner and who wasn't! :biggrin:

I'm a complete beginner :rolleyes:
I really want to improve though!!
Reply 5
Olá a todos.

I plan on learning European Portuguese soon out of linguistic interest (really I just want to see if it's as close to Spanish as it looks) and it'd be great to have people to whine with when things stop making sense.
Original post by Barba Suave
Olá a todos.

I plan on learning European Portuguese soon out of linguistic interest (really I just want to see if it's as close to Spanish as it looks) and it'd be great to have people to whine with when things stop making sense.

Whine on this thread! :P
European is rather similar to Spanish in terms of how it looks on the page, and some pronunciation, but you may find some verbs a bit of a challenge! Its a lovely language :smile:
Reply 7
I followed European Portuguese classes last year for the first semester, but Japanese being too time intensive I had to drop Portuguese :frown:
First language I plan on getting back to when Japanese won't take so much of my time anymore though! Until then I'll lurk here :lurk:
Reply 8
Olá! Qualquer dúvida, podem bater na minha porta. :wink:
Reply 9
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Original post by Wahala
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Is that a klansman in your avatar?

On a slightly more related note, does anybody know of any site where I could learn some basic pronounciation? I seem to be speaking some kind of Slavic Castillian at the moment.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 11

On a slightly more related note, does anybody know of any site where I could learn some basic pronounciation? I seem to be speaking some kind of Slavic Castillian at the moment.

Have you tried Forvo?
Reply 12

nope it is the eyo carnival masquerade.

I'm looking to learn brasilian portugese too, so far I know surfista, ondas, praia, tudo bem, bom dia and kkkkk:biggrin:
Original post by Wahala
nope it is the eyo carnival masquerade.

I'm looking to learn brasilian portugese too, so far I know surfista, ondas, praia, tudo bem, bom dia and kkkkk:biggrin:

lol what's kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk o.o?
Reply 14
Original post by thesilvermagnolia
I'm just starting to learn Portuguese (Brazil) and I thought it would be great to be able to chat with other learners, beginners or advanced, European Portuguese or Brazilian Portuguese :smile:

Anyone else up for it? :smile:

Is anyone still interested in this? I'm learning Brazilian Portuguese at the moment for work - complete beginner though!
Reply 15
Original post by crazybored
Is anyone still interested in this? I'm learning Brazilian Portuguese at the moment for work - complete beginner though!

Absolutely, i really want to learn Brazilian Portuguese...minha melhor amiga, meu namorado e meus outros amigos sao brasileiros e eu nao entendo quando eles falam em Portugues! Eles falam Ingles, mas eu preciso aprender Portugues tambem pra eles. :biggrin:

How much Portuguese do you know? I've been learning for a few weeks and always try and understand what my friends and boyfriend say in Portuguese haha!

Oh and kkkkkkk is laughing, it's like 'lol' or 'hahaha' ... they have shaushaushaus aswell for laughing :biggrin: For the person who asked...
Original post by crazybored

I am if you are! :smile:
I'm a complete beginner too!
Original post by emilym94
Absolutely, i really want to learn Brazilian Portuguese...minha melhor amiga, meu namorado e meus outros amigos sao brasileiros e eu nao entendo quando eles falam em Portugues! Eles falam Ingles, mas eu preciso aprender Portugues tambem pra eles. :biggrin:

How much Portuguese do you know? I've been learning for a few weeks and always try and understand what my friends and boyfriend say in Portuguese haha!

Oh and kkkkkkk is laughing, it's like 'lol' or 'hahaha' ... they have shaushaushaus aswell for laughing :biggrin: For the person who asked...

Não tenho amigos brasileiros :frown: mas estou aprendendo :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Xurvi
I followed European Portuguese classes last year for the first semester, but Japanese being too time intensive I had to drop Portuguese :frown:
First language I plan on getting back to when Japanese won't take so much of my time anymore though! Until then I'll lurk here :lurk:

:woo:
How's it going? :smile:
Como vai, tudo bem?

Falo um pouquinho, e estou aprendendo!
Eu entendo mais do que falo mas quero melhorar :biggrin:

feliz natal!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending