The Student Room Group

Do You Have to Attend Interviews?

I'm applying to Universities which are mostly 6 hours drive away and expensive to get to by train etc. I've heard that when Uni's offer an interview, you can decline it and they'll give you an offer/decline based on your UCAS application alone. Is this true?

Also since I'm applying for Graphic Design a portfolio is required, so if what I've said above is true, does this mean I will have to send my portfolio electronically?

Thank you!
Original post by HeadintheClouds93
I'm applying to Universities which are mostly 6 hours drive away and expensive to get to by train etc. I've heard that when Uni's offer an interview, you can decline it and they'll give you an offer/decline based on your UCAS application alone. Is this true?

Also since I'm applying for Graphic Design a portfolio is required, so if what I've said above is true, does this mean I will have to send my portfolio electronically?

Thank you!

Why apply to universities that you knew would interview, that you're unable to get to?
Reply 2
there's no point in applying to a university unless you're willing to actually pay to get up there, even if it's only for an interview. If there was a slim chance of me getting into my first choice but I had to pay £100 to get there, i would still go, no matter what. find some perspective about whether you really want to go to that university.
It's best you discuss the matter with the University if you have a financial problem with getting there. As for the previous 2 posts. Absolute fools.
The initial shortlisting for courses with a portfolio is often done electronically. After that, if they want to see the portfolio in the flesh, international students can usually courier it there, so you might be able to ask to do the same.
Reply 5
Original post by Rebellious-Steve
It's best you discuss the matter with the University if you have a financial problem with getting there. As for the previous 2 posts. Absolute fools.

this.
Reply 6
Obviously. Lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending