The Student Room Group

morse help

Applying to warwick morse 2012 and my predicted grades are A*A*AA for alevel. my AS grades were AAAAB. Also doing STEP.
I heard there is a lot of competition for this course. Do you think this should be enough???
what other things can i do to make me a more desirable candidate??? (books etc)
is this course anyway less superior to a maths degree???
thnx :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
The offer you might get would depend on whether you're doing further maths, so make sure your predicted grades match up to what's on http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/statistics/courses/offer

For your personal statement, make sure you emphasize how much you like maths, stats and all the other areas covered (particularly maths). Reading maths-related books would help (you can find lists of suitable books elsewhere) as well as other extra-curricular activities relating to the areas covered by the course.

It's hard for me to say if it's less superior to a maths degree since I do maths at Warwick there myself so I would be biased. What I would say is that I've heard from many MORSE students that the maths modules can be much harder than the other modules - take from that what you will. But then I have also heard of maths students finding stats modules hard. Maths has a higher offer although they give it out to pretty much anyone who has sufficient predicted grades. For MORSE it's harder to get an offer.

Quick Reply

Latest