The Student Room Group

For People who got an A for A level Biology

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by tomatoslayer
i mean people who got an A in biology..

I exist:biggrin:
For me, I memorised everything, drew pictures to help me understand and also as other have suggested watched videos on YouTube to aid with learning. The key to getting a high grade however, is doing as many past papers you can get a hold of and trying to get a specific exam technique. This is the key in getting B's and obove.
G'luck.
Reply 21
Thanks guys your suggestions were great!!
Reply 22
Original post by FunkeyMunkey
I just wrote many clear notes the days before my exams from the CGP book and ticked each topic from the syllabus as I went along- I did it just a few days before the exam so that all the notes would be fresh in my mind. And throughout the year I revised random chapters to make sure I understood it so that when it came to revision time, I would not panick because I already partly understand it. And I completely see why you are finding it hard I thought it was the most difficult, stressful subject because the exam papers are harder than the actual content but if you work hard you'll get good results so don't worry too much! :smile:

I spent the days before my exam waking up at five, staring at exam papers, analysing sheets and sheets of notes. Drinking energy drinks to keep me going. :redface:

Nothing like exam season. :daydreaming:
Reply 23
revise past papers. memorise similar answers that are applicable for similar questions that can come up. eg anything to do with photosynthesis say cyclic and non cyclic photophosphorylation and you will get a mark
Reply 24
If you have trouble remembering something whenever you forget it try to think logically about what will happen and why. Makes it a lot easier to remember because then it all makes sense and if you forget then you can reason it out from the principles anyway.
Reply 25
im doing OCR biology and i know wat u mean i've gotpages and pages to memorise. all last year i was tryna memorize but thats wrong. read da text and make sure u fully understandthen explain it out looud. then in the exam u understand all of it

Quick Reply

Latest