The Student Room Group

BSL Chat

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I am Level 2 looking for some support on my signature exams I study at UNI and while I passed my portfolios I fail to pass my signature exams. Would really appreciate someone to practice with or at least talk with about how to improve my signing.

Thanks

RDPS
Original post by Signer
Hi , I'm currently doing level 3 in Leicester . I absolutely love signing but I have not had the chance to practise much outside class any level 2 or above signers out there ?

Hello, I'm Rhoda, I should be starting level 3 at uni this semester however keep failing my signature exams for level 2 and I am looking for some practice to improve.
Hi, do you think we would be able to chat over webcam? I'm sure I can hold a alright conversation but have been teaching myself so want to see how I am doing x
I have just joined Skype and looking for someone to practise with also. I am on level 3 at me moment . My Skype is rjaneh91
Only level 2 learners or above please !
Original post by harmonette30
Hi there I have just finished pre level 3 and really need someone to practice with! I have Skype

Add me on Skype, I have just begun BSL level 3 and have no one to practise with :smile: x
my skype name is rjaneh91
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 145
Hi. My name is Pam Kay. I'm new to the forum. I have knowledge of BSL up to level 3, but I haven't used it since I learned a couple of years ago. I'm currently revising all the work I've previously done, but really do need to brush up on my rusty skills! I would love someone to practice with. My Skype name is pamkay04, if anyone is interested. Thanks. :smile:
Original post by bmulbsl
Hi, do you think we would be able to chat over webcam? I'm sure I can hold a alright conversation but have been teaching myself so want to see how I am doing x

Hiya! I have also been teaching myself bsl. How long have you been learning for?

Luca
How do I join? I have just started an online course level 1 and I wish to practice with other level 1 learners. Please advise. Thanks. Fran
Reply 148
Hello!

I'm Amy. I have just passed my level 2 and about to start level 3 at university this year! I am wondering for you guys as students what other training would you find useful to help you grasp the language quicker. As well as this i'd be happy to practise with people over Skype and i am quite nervous for Level 3!

Thank you,

Amy
Reply 149
Hey,

I have started my BSL level 1 and would love the opportunity to practice. I have my first exam at the end of this month and so so nervous!

Anyone free to give me a hand? Lol :smile:

My skype name is CSpenny1989
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 150
Original post by fnottingham
How do I join? I have just started an online course level 1 and I wish to practice with other level 1 learners. Please advise. Thanks. Fran

Hi Fran i started my level 1 in sept and have my first module exam this month. I would love an opportunity to practise.
The best way would be skype if you want to add me? My name is CSpenny1989 :smile:
Hi, my name's Mabel- I'm looking to ask a BSL commuinty member some questions about the BBC/T.V and the media they consume. I'm pitching a program to the BBC, which will explore communities in the UK that often don't get represented, on T.V. I would love to know your opinions. Would you watch a drama where the characters communicated in BSL? -thanks!
Hi there, I'm currently on a BSL Foundation Course and wondered if there is anywhere I can chat to practise my signing?
Reply 153
Original post by Finst385
Hi there, I'm currently on a BSL Foundation Course and wondered if there is anywhere I can chat to practise my signing?

Hi,
Im just about to finish my level 1. I would be happy to chat/ practice via skype if you are interested? If so my skype is cspenny1989 :smile:
Original post by MabelRack
Hi, my name's Mabel- I'm looking to ask a BSL commuinty member some questions about the BBC/T.V and the media they consume. I'm pitching a program to the BBC, which will explore communities in the UK that often don't get represented, on T.V. I would love to know your opinions. Would you watch a drama where the characters communicated in BSL? -thanks!

Hi Mabel - think there would be interest in this type of program. My niece introduced me to "Switched At Birth" which uses American Sign Language. I'm addicted to the programme now ;-) but obviously ASL and BSL are very different so I'd love to see something done in BSL like this.
Reply 155
Original post by lottieandrews
Hi Mabel - think there would be interest in this type of program. My niece introduced me to "Switched At Birth" which uses American Sign Language. I'm addicted to the programme now ;-) but obviously ASL and BSL are very different so I'd love to see something done in BSL like this.

Same! Love that programme would love to see one in BSL
Reply 156
I am currently about to take my IBSL Level 2 exams and am looking for a way to practise to help me go further.

I have Sensorineural hearing loss (L-Mod-Severe R-Severe to Profound), and have coped so far in life, with no-one else around me who suffers with hearing problems!

I would love to be able to learn enough to be able to work in the field one day, as well as learning for my own benefit, as I will potentially become totally deaf one day.

Anyone who needs help with Level 1 for example, or anyone with the patience to sign slowly enough for me to learn more would be much appreciated!
Reply 157
Original post by CK100
I am currently about to take my IBSL Level 2 exams and am looking for a way to practise to help me go further.

I have Sensorineural hearing loss (L-Mod-Severe R-Severe to Profound), and have coped so far in life, with no-one else around me who suffers with hearing problems!

I would love to be able to learn enough to be able to work in the field one day, as well as learning for my own benefit, as I will potentially become totally deaf one day.

Anyone who needs help with Level 1 for example, or anyone with the patience to sign slowly enough for me to learn more would be much appreciated!

Hello CK100,

I start my BSL Level 2 next month and would love any opportunity to practice :smile:
There is a video chatroom here for all signers, beginner or advanced!

https://www.signlanguageforum.com/bsl/bsl-video-chat-rooms/

Quick Reply

Latest