The Student Room Group

Your "Oh ****!" stories/moment at University

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
5 days before an Engineering mathematics exam realising I would have to teach myself a fairly large amount of A level further maths and calculus and that going to lectures may have been a good idea.

I somehow managed to pass despite knowing I'd attempted a 20 mark question in completely the wrong the fashion.
Reply 201
Best. Thread. Ever :biggrin:

Why the hell did I get negged?!?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 202
In my third week at Uni I invited my best friend over to my flat for a couple of days to meet my flatmates (at the time only two of the boys were in, me and the two other girls) and hang out. He decided to bring Absinthe with him for us to try. After everyone maintaining that we wouldn't, one of my female flatmates decides in the middle of Ring of Fire that it was going to be a rule that we all had to have a shot. So we all did. An hour later after a few more drinks after, the three boys all suddenly crashed simultaneously at 11pm, the girls however were okay. One locked himself in his room, once we managed to get in we found him stood in front of his bathroom mirror in his boxers and socks swaying. He stayed there for two hours. My best friend meanwhile had fallen asleep on my bedroom floor, so we left him for a bit. We checked on him a little later and he had vomited something bright red all over my bedroom carpet and bathroom. The girls cleared it up whilst I checked on the other flatmate. He was sat in his bathroom, on his duvet, laughing at the sink as he could see green fairies dancing on it. I freaked and screamed for the only sober person in the flat left to check him out and get him to bed. He'd also broken the fire extinguisher.

I ended up getting with one of my flatmates after about 3 weeks of living there. We kept it quiet from the others initially until we felt happy to 'declare' it. Boyfriend was out one night and my flatmates were going out, I decided to play Never Have I Ever with them before they left. Turns out that they had worked out what had happened and started making up things they knew would catch me out about what we'd been up to. It was rather embarrassing when he walked in and they started shouting at him that they knew everything.
Reply 203
One of mine would definitely be going to my room in my towel after getting out of the shower to find a friend had put a spider in a mug in my room, so I went to have a go at him and hear the dreaded locking of the door.

My friend then proceeded to let everyone know before climbing through my window to let me back in :redface:
Reply 204
Quick question guys, how wild is the nightlife at uni compared to a holiday abroad ???

Went to tenerife last year and it was absolutely crazy, i just have a feeling that freshers week wont live up to that
Original post by cgvince
Quick question guys, how wild is the nightlife at uni compared to a holiday abroad ???

Went to tenerife last year and it was absolutely crazy, i just have a feeling that freshers week wont live up to that

Of course not.

Tenerife is dedicated to parties - also Freshers week is party orientated, it certainly does not totally focus on parties. There is other stuff going on as well
Reply 206
Original post by tehforum
Of course not.

Tenerife is dedicated to parties - also Freshers week is party orientated, it certainly does not totally focus on parties. There is other stuff going on as well

I know that completely, i know in the daytime theres alot of admin etc

but im talking specifically about the parties, for example carnage, is that as wild as abroad ?
Original post by cgvince
I know that completely, i know in the daytime theres alot of admin etc

but im talking specifically about the parties, for example carnage, is that as wild as abroad ?

I very much doubt it.

It will still be good though.
Reply 208
Original post by cgvince

I went to Tenerife this year with some friends, one of my mates who was with us was a fresher 2 years ago at Nottingham Trent and he said the holiday and his freshers week were quite similar just we had more sun :biggrin:

What uni is it your going to?
Reply 209
Not uni story but meh

Fitting 15 of us in a 7 seater mini bus to go to a party and shouting as loud as we could with beats in the background 'LETS GO ****ING MENTAL' (Sore throat today, as it was yesterday)
Trying to plank in the middle of the road and not being able to get back up without falling back down and having your mates pick you up
Original post by lukas1051
I'm not even at university yet and I've already had an embarrassing moment. :facepalm:

A few months ago I had to go for an interview at one of the universities I applied to. It was in London so I didn't really know how long it would take me to travel there by tube, and I ended up arriving 45 minutes early. Anyway, I found my way to the correct department, and the email I received said to meet in one of the seminar rooms, but because I was so early there were no signs up and nobody around to help. After finding what I thought was the correct room, I opened the door and walked in... to find about a hundred students staring at me as I stood there in a suit and tie looking confused. Turns out I walked into a lecture theatre halfway through a lecture. The lecturer stopped and said to me "ah you must be one of the interviewees, you look far too smart to be one of my students, you want to room next door" and I sort of shuffled out while everyone sat in silence.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

At an interview, I fell over and sprained my ankle right in front of my interviewer! One of the most embarrassing things ever.
Original post by cgvince

It's still crazy but join a sports team. I'm thinking along the lines of Rugby if you want to see a real ****ed up crazy night out.
Reply 212
I was the School rep for the entire school of Psychology.

I sent out an email to all of the students, something about a meeting or whatever...

A friend replied to me, and I jokingly replied to him with a string of obscenities in size 72 bold rainbow text. "**** you you ****ing idiot I know where you live" etc etc.

Clicked "Reply all" instead of reply.

Good times.
Reply 213
Original post by gozatron
It's still crazy but join a sports team. I'm thinking along the lines of Rugby if you want to see a real ****ed up crazy night out.

Would football be just as crazy ?:wink:
Original post by cgvince

One of our football teams got banned from 4/9 bars on campus. So probably.
Original post by cgvince

Fairly :p:

Can't state for every university but Rugby/Hockey are the mental cases at Birmingham.
Reply 216
These stories are hilarious, knowing me I will definitely be writing a post this September! :blushing:
A couple of weeks ago, was in the backseat of our car. I was in the back seat, my brother in the front, with our dad driving. We're crawling along in rush hour traffic. Then, as the traffic clears, my brother winds down the window, and shouts 'bus w*****s' at a bus stop, proper in-betweeners style. Then, our Dad stalls the car :eek:

The bus w*****s laughed at our spectacular fail, made especially worse as we were in a Ford Ka :frown:

why the negs?
(edited 11 years ago)
It was graduation and was super excited as I had it delayed on year because of gay resits. They didn't give me a proper seat for some strange reason so sat me down in some random place and said they'd 'call me up' to get slotted in the proper place.

They never called me. I got up late and start running down the side with around 200 people watching my gown and mortarboard-tail flail everywhere. Miss the appropriate slot, get called out with a bunch of students I've never met and, to top it all off, the guy gets my name wrong.

Real.
Original post by askew116
A couple of weeks ago, was in the backseat of our car. I was in the back seat, my brother in the front, with our dad driving. We're crawling along in rush hour traffic. Then, as the traffic clears, my brother winds down the window, and shouts 'bus w*****s' at a bus stop, proper in-betweeners style. Then, our Dad stalls the car :eek:

The bus w*****s laughed at our spectacular fail, made especially worse as we were in a Ford Ka :frown:

why the negs?

bus ****ers in the thread er'body!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending