The Student Room Group

SC 2011/15: Admission of the sovereign state of Palestine to full membership -Vote 2#

The following resolution has been put forward to the Security Council by the representative for the People's Republic of Korea:

SC
SC 2011/15: Admission of the sovereign state of Palestine to full membership of the (model) United Nations

Committee: Security Council
Sponsor: Democratic People's Republic of Korea

Observing Article 4 of the (RL) United Nations Charter,
IVMembership in the United Nations is open to all other peace-loving states which accept the obligations contained in the present Charter and, in the judgment of the Organization, are able and willing to carry out these obligations.

1. Accepts the application submitted to the United Nations Security Council on the 23rd of September 2011 to grant full member status to the state of Palestine along the 1967 borders.

15분의 2011 SC : (모델) 유엔의 전체 회원에게 팔레스타인의 주권 국가의 입장

위원회 : 안전 보장 이사회
스폰서 : 민주주의 인민 공화국 한국

(현실) 유엔 헌장 4 조를 관찰,
4국제연합의 회원국 지위는 헌장에 규정된 의무를 수락하고, 이러한 의무를 이행할 능력과 의사가 있다고 기구가 판단하는 그밖의 평화애호국 모두에 개방된다.

1. 허용 응용 프로그램은 1967 국경을 따라 팔레스타인의 상태로 정회원 자격을 부여하는 2011년 9월의 23 유엔 안전 보장 이사회에 제출.

It went to vote and passed, however it was veto'ed by the representative for the United States of America.
The General Assembly will now vote on whether they agree with this resolution or not.
If you do agree with it vote "yes", if you do not vote "no."

If the "Yes" vote wins with a two-thirds majority or more the Veto will be overturned.

DayneD89
QFA

mevidek
QFA

AspiringGenius
QFA

Quoted because you vetoed it.

Scroll to see replies

The USA outlined our reasons for vetoing this resolution in the last thread.

All we are going to say is that we hope the GA votes for this veto, as it's what's best for the continuing conflict in Israel-Palestine.
Reply 3
Turkey supports the bid for Palestinian statehood, however also underlines that this should not stop negotiations with Israel.
Just to clarify once again, if you agree with this resolution vote "YES!" If you disagree with this resolution and therefore agree with the veto submitted by the United States of America, vote "NO!".
Yes vote for Denmark pretty please.
Original post by HarveyCanis
Yes vote for Denmark pretty please.

Done
Reply 7
The Commonwealth of Dominica disagrees with thi resolution and wishes to veto it too
Reply 8
Canada also disagrees with the resolution. Palestine should NOT be in the UN
Original post by Agent Smirnoff
The Commonwealth of Dominica disagrees with thi resolution and wishes to veto it too

Even if it had the power to veto, which it doesn't, the Commonwealth of Dominica would not be able to veto the resolution in this vote.
However if you'd like your second vote for your second country noted please let me know.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 10
Iraq believes in a free democratic Palestine.

Syria shares the sentiment of Iraq - it is about time a Palestinian state was created. The peace negotiations have hit a dead end.
Reply 11
Original post by thunder_chunky
Even if it had the power to veto, which it doesn't, the Commonwealth of Dominica would not be able to veto the resolution in this vote.
However if you'd like your second vote for your second country noted please let me know.

Really? How come?

Well sure. Please do note my second countries vote. :h:
Reply 12
Really? How come?

[OOC]A veto would only apply in the Security Council, as the United States did previously with this (all applications for full membership are passed to the Security Council first. In reallife if they're vetoed by a member on the SC then they don't come to the GA, but they do here where we get a chance to overturn a veto if there is a high enough majority. ) As this is the General Assembly, no nation has a veto. :smile:

You may need to tell T_C which way your second country is voting. :tongue: [/OOC]
[ooc]I feel evil for vetoing this resolution, it's causing so much chaos!

but then again, I love being powerful :evil: [/ooc]
Algeria joins Iraq, Syria and Turky and votes for a sovreign state of Palastine...
Really? How come?

Because the only countries that have a veto power are the permanent members of the SC and one of the non-permanent members (which is going to be decided in a voting process as soon as the last non-perm seat is filled.)
Regular GA members don't have veto power.

Nor could you veto this if you wanted to because it's not the sort of vote you can veto, because it's asking if the GA agree's with the veto or not.
Can you also note me a "no" down for New Zealand?
Original post by SpiritedAway
Can you also note me a "no" down for New Zealand?

Done :yy:

Am I right in thinking the second vote is a no?
Reply 19
The sovereign state of Palestine posesses land, a government and population who are mostly peaceful.

If Palestine wish to engage in international relations then Egypt sees no valid reason why they should not be allowed to do this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending