The Student Room Group

Best and Worst School/College Trips you have been on

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Lovefoxxx_93
My worst was probably either:

- A trip to the local ASDA where we got a "behind the scenes tour" and got to do such fun things as standing inside a giant freezer. (Somewhere between Y1 and Y3)
-Sitting in a group in the freezing cold outside the same ASDA counting the amount of cars/motorbikes/buses that went past. (Y8 or 9 Geog)

sounds quite bad and quite dull aswell
Best - Went to America earlier this year. We were there for a week and spent 3 days in NYC, a day in Philadelphia and 3 days in Washington DC.
In NYC, we had tours during the day. Saw all the usual tourist stuff. After dinner, we were allowed to just wander free to wherever, until whatever time.
It was much the same in DC, although we had to be in our rooms by 10pm due to safety. I absolutely loved that, though - me and two friends walked from the hotel and to the White House and then Washington Monument. Definitely something I'll never forget.
Also, made some American friends on our first day in DC. Still keep in contact with them now, actually :smile: At the end of the trip, the Head of History have out "prizes" - ie postcards with "Cutest couple" / "Rocky Balboa" etc. written on. Mine said "International Alliance Award" :p:
Definitely the best school trip ever, although not educational in the slightest.

Other good school trips include Poland (to Auschwitz), Belgium (Ypres) and Germany (Boppard).

Worst.. Sheringham for GCSE geography coursework.
(edited 12 years ago)
Worst: being taken to the local sewage works in Year 5...
Best: a week long trip to France when I was in Year 8
Reply 23
Best: Swanage. Supposedly we went to do Geography coursework but everyone just sunbathed on the beach the entire time.

Worst: We went to a water treatment facility thing. :frown:
Best: A trip to California in year 10. We went to San Francisco, LA, Death Valley, saw the sun set over the Grand Canyon, Las Vegas and a day at Universal Studios :biggrin: this was supposedly for 'Geography'.

Worst: Day trip to Cromer where it rained and we measured the height of sand on the beach all day. Fun.
Reply 25
My school took the entire sixth form to Diggerland (seriously :wink:) It might have been fun if we were five years old, but at sixteen/seventeen, pur-lease. Although the place was awful, the trip itself didn't end up too bad: it's the people not the place that make the trip! ;D
Best trip has got to be Year 7 whirlwind trip to Boulogne, again the place wasn't too good and the weather was awful, but I had soo much fun with everyone on the coach (which is where we spent around 18 of the 24 hours we were in France
Reply 26
going to have to give this thread a bump.
Best trip has to be best trips for me. I was lucky enough to go on three school trips abroad to France (twice to Paris, once to Cherbourg) in Years 7, 8 and 12. :smile:
I got a gf on a rollercoaster ride in alton towers...
Original post by Med_Geek
When I went to London to see the Houses of Parliament for politics in year 12. It was more the "getting lost in london" part that was hilarious, rather than watching the debate in the House of Lords.

You watched the debate in the House of Lords? We were taken to another room to watch it on a screen. May as well have been sat at home :frown: Unless that's what happened to you too?

I did get into an argument with an MP who was being a total prick to me though :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
yr 13 trip to beijing. for a whole week! such an amazing experience :h:
Reply 31
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
You watched the debate in the House of Lords? We were taken to another room to watch it on a screen. May as well have been sat at home :frown: Unless that's what happened to you too?

I did get into an argument with an MP who was being a total prick to me though :biggrin:

lol yeah in the public gallery part :biggrin: We all feel asleep though haha :lol:
Reply 32
i remember going on a RE trip which was quite fun.
Best trip: 10 day trip all over Japan
Worst trip: the Freud museum in london (strange guy showing us some videos and a lot of staring at the sofa; my teacher had us sneak out when he went to get something)
Funniest trip: 4 days in a hostel up in the yorkshire moores, cold and nothing to do so naturally we had some good laughs
Reply 34
Best: skiiiinggggggg

Worst was either:
- A walking trip to the park and back. Took 30 mins and we actually had to sign consent forms for it
- Trip to a ****ty little village where I had to rub over gravestones with a crayon in the freezing cold. Like what the actual ****?
Best trip: Berlin in Year 12, it was such a great laugh and an amazing city as well, would love to go back there sometime :love:
Poland the year before that was pretty awesome as well, we were doing this model European parliament thing but I remember a lot of time was spent getting drunk on cheap vodka (with our teachers!) and roaming the Polish streets at night. It lasted for two weeks as well, bliss.

Worst trip: anything that was organised by our history teacher. He was lovely, but a complete disaster when it came to organising stuff. Usually his trips involved getting lost and walking around all day in the rain, losing some people along the way, and missing trains and buses. Always a good laugh though.
Reply 36
I recall being taken out, along with my classmates, to a local McDonalds as part of a Business Studies trip when I was at sixth form. I still don't know why I had to pay £15 to participate.
Reply 37
Best was to the WW1 Battlefields of France/Belgium at the end of Year 10, it was so much fun, really interesting and the weather was beautiful. Also went to Iceland in Year 10 which was great, especially seeing the Northern Lights whilst staying out in the mountains.
Worst has to be one of our many Geography field trips, maybe to the dairy farm in Year 8 or the sand dunes in Year 12 where I fell over into a muddy ditch :frown:
BEST- YR10 exchange trip to Lille, france for 2 weeks, met my first love, he was called Alexander :h:
WORST- residential at peak district in Y9 looking at limestone rocks, wet, cold and boring :yawn:
Reply 39
Original post by Mr. Gutsy
I recall being taken out, along with my classmates, to a local McDonalds as part of a Business Studies trip when I was at sixth form. I still don't know why I had to pay £15 to participate.

did you at least get a mcdonalds meal while there?

Quick Reply

Latest