The Student Room Group

Best and Worst School/College Trips you have been on

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by pink pineapple
it was, hence why I was bored so easily

alright cool.
Worst school trip: we went to the farm for a geography trip, i stepped in horse poo and stank like ****, who knew cows could smell so bad?
Reply 62
we went down our local park on a school trip once.
Reply 63
and i had to pee in a field.
My worst time has to be when we went to Glasgow Science Centre, but not for what the centre was actually built, oh no, we went for a UCAS conference, which is all good when you want to get the university prospectuses and talk to admissions officers, but when you've done that in the first hour and have another 2 left, in which you are not allowed to go upstairs to actually do what the centre was designed for, then it gets quite painful.

Best trip was London years ago, went to several musicals with great people, just genuinely such an amazing trip, feel nostalgic everytime I look at the picture album!
Reply 65
Best - ski trip in Italy, trip to France/Belgium or an outdoor pursuits thing.

Worst - A trip to the local post office, cant even remember what it was for
A week long trip to Paris for French, I had an incredible time and it was a lovely place :smile:
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
You watched the debate in the House of Lords? We were taken to another room to watch it on a screen. May as well have been sat at home :frown: Unless that's what happened to you too?

I did get into an argument with an MP who was being a total prick to me though :biggrin:

LOL what was he saying?
We never had overnight school trips. Our school was too poor :ashamed2:.

I remember going to Skipton castle in year 4. That was a damn good castle.
best was a geography trip to morocco was ****ing amazing! i loved the place! worst was a classics trip to rome, i was ill with food poisening the entire time :/
Original post by Ketchup'n'Mustard
LOL what was he saying?

It was Eric Joyce, who has recently been chucked out of the Labour Party for having a relationship with a 17 year old girl :rofl:

Teacher: OK does anyone have any questions for Mr Joyce?

Me: [refraining from asking him why he was a part of the expenses' scandal] Why are there signs saying 'Urgent' all over the Houses of Parliament?

Joyce: Are you asking me what 'urgent' means? :rolleyes:

Me: :lolwut: Eh, naw, I know what urgent means, I'm asking why it's flashing in big red lights everywhere.

Joyce: That's only for MPs such as myself to know :wink:

Teacher: *orgasms*

:colonhash:
My worst one was probably in year 6 when i went on a 'school trip' to look at some 'historical houses' on the same road as my school. I think they were short on money. We even had to hand in reply slips etc. aswell for the 30 minutes we were out of school.
Reply 72
We got taken to Cambridge for a day and told to "visit at least two cultural/educational places".
Someone started the rumour that John Lewis counted so everyone just went there and tried to justify it upon returning to school.
Reply 73
any more?
My physics department does some pretty good trips - last summer, we went camping and visited an observatory (got lost on the way). Played Ultimate Frisbee which got pretty violent, and pulled an all-nighter whilst telling jokes. Head of 6th made fajitas which were nice. Other physics teacher snored, loudly. Recently, we went bowling which got really competitive and we discovered that one teacher was really good at bowling. Head of 6th seemed to give up on accuracy and spent most of the time seeing how fast he could bowl. A couple of weeks ago, we went to Southampton Uni to do some particle physics stuff and discovered the graduation photo of my head of 6th and then he gloated about how he had more hair than another of the guys from his year. Head of physics laughed at a trainee for turning up in smart clothes.

Worst was probably my geography trip which involved us walking along the High Street writing down the name of all the shops and categorising them. Then counting all the cars passing through a road in a 10 minute interval. Fun fun fun. =/
Reply 75
My primary school took us on a week long trip to Belgium in year 5, so we we're all basically 11. This was absolutely fine except they refused to give us keys to our rooms because we couldn't be trusted. Again, not a problem...

One day, we got back to hotel room and there happened to drunk guy passed out on the bed in our room. That was awkward. So very very awkward.
Reply 76
Best - Probably a trip with the Maths department to Cadburys World in Year 9. I've also been bowling with the science department, and there's talk of going paint balling with science after the exams. Not entirely sure how any of these trips relate to the subject, but they were fun!
Worst - Outdoor adventure trip in Year 7 where the school messed up my tent group thing and put me with 3 girls who tormented me the whole time :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 77
Worst = Le Touquet in year 7. Put me off for life.
Reply 78
Original post by twinlensreflex
Worst = Le Touquet in year 7. Put me off for life.

what was bad about it?
Reply 79
I was the only one in my class who seemed to have any understanding of French, so I was dragged around to translate for people. And we didn't actually do anything there, highlight was going to a swimming pool. And I really hate being on a coach for hours, and we always got stuck in traffic. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending