Announcements Posted on
    • 26 followers

(Original post by Dez)
    These aren't your grandad's memes ffs. :p:
    i'll get the hang of it soon
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Remember seeing you ask about a £30 android phone the other day and just saw this: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/t-mo...e-asda-1234230

Not sure if you were still after it but there you go
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just installed windows 8 on a tablet and I have to say that I am quite impressed ..... that said it did have windows 7 on previously and that is a terrible os for touchscreen ..
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    x
    My amp is failing. :cry2: Right channel keeps emitting a crackling noise, doesn't seem to be the speaker's fault as it happens on that channel no matter which way round I plug the speakers in. Rather annoying but it's still in warranty, so I'm gonna ask for a refund.

So, my question to you is: what would be a quality amp to get around the £250-300 mark? Ideally it needs to be small so it can fit on top of my speaker/on the shelf, although I could potentially stash it away elsewhere, assuming I can control the volume remotely somehow. :beard:
    • 58 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hassi94)
    Remember seeing you ask about a £30 android phone the other day and just saw this: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/t-mo...e-asda-1234230

Not sure if you were still after it but there you go
    Thanks for this, will head down to my local Asda and hope they have it on offer!

(Original post by Dez)
    My amp is failing. :cry2: Right channel keeps emitting a crackling noise, doesn't seem to be the speaker's fault as it happens on that channel no matter which way round I plug the speakers in. Rather annoying but it's still in warranty, so I'm gonna ask for a refund.

So, my question to you is: what would be a quality amp to get around the £250-300 mark? Ideally it needs to be small so it can fit on top of my speaker/on the shelf, although I could potentially stash it away elsewhere, assuming I can control the volume remotely somehow. :beard:
    Bad times ): what outputs are you looking for? I only really know about headphone amplifiers, I assume you're after a dedicated speaker amp?
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Bad times ): what outputs are you looking for? I only really know about headphone amplifiers, I assume you're after a dedicated speaker amp?
    Yeah, it's outputting to a pair of Monitor Audio beasts, through dual banana plugs at the minute. It's a lovely little amp, but I've already had a fault with the iPod dock it was bundled with, and so after two problems in less than 6 months I'm beginning to think it's bad build quality rather than simply a defect. I guess I'd best start searching around, although I'll need to find out if they're going to honour me with a refund or not first.
    • 58 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    Yeah, it's outputting to a pair of Monitor Audio beasts, through dual banana plugs at the minute. It's a lovely little amp, but I've already had a fault with the iPod dock it was bundled with, and so after two problems in less than 6 months I'm beginning to think it's bad build quality rather than simply a defect. I guess I'd best start searching around, although I'll need to find out if they're going to honour me with a refund or not first.
    No ideas then I'm afraid :erm: desktop/speaker audio is my next venture once I've paid off this festival, at the moment I know very little about the technicalities of speakers or about driving them.
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    No ideas then I'm afraid :erm: desktop/speaker audio is my next venture once I've paid off this festival, at the moment I know very little about the technicalities of speakers or about driving them.
    At this rate I'll be the one advising you then. :ahee:
    • 58 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    At this rate I'll be the one advising you then. :ahee:
    Haha don't sound so surprised, real audiophiles stick to headphones :pierre:
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    This kezboard language thing keeps happening.

Sometimes itàs in Chrome and other times itàs in other programs )like in Minecraft=.

I have no idea what could be causing it ö)
    Press ctrl+shift (just control and shift) and type again (repeat until typing regularly)? Tell me what happens?

EDIT: This is only for firefox - nevermind

Have you checked your keyboard language?
    • 58 followers

ReputationRep:
    My audiophile rig has just received a significant seal of approval in that my brother has said he can actually hear a difference. Every other pair of headphones I've put in front of him he's said sounds like his bog standard Sennheisers, so it's something of an ironic achievement :ahee:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    My audiophile rig has just received a significant seal of approval in that my brother has said he can actually hear a difference. Every other pair of headphones I've put in front of him he's said sounds like his bog standard Sennheisers, so it's something of an ironic achievement :ahee:
    Awesome.

I currently have no money, so not got the Audio-Technicas yet, but I'm looking good for an interview for one or two small companies for some server side development, so hopefully will have something over the summer.
    • 58 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangoh)
    Gef how many pairs of headphones do you have?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    Just three now, won't be buying more any time soon.
    • 58 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    He says.
    Haha it's more a case of having no money than not wanting to ;D
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pwnt. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18338956
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    :eek: I created a LinkedIn account last month...
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vulpes)
    :eek: I created a LinkedIn account last month...
    I hope you've been practising good password policy.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    I hope you've been practising good password policy.
    :yep:
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vulpes)
    :yep:
    Splendid. :sexface:

I'd have been pretty disappointed in you if you'd not.
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is so ****ing cool.

http://gawker.com/5916165/the-only-t...ou-need-to-see

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 31, 2014
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.