The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2360
Original post by G8D
All I want is for apple to repair any faults that occur. If I read you guys correctly and ignore the confusion being caused then this is included in the base price of whatever computer I buy and I don't need to spend £50 on anything extra.

:yep:
Original post by Dez
It's phone support and extended warranty. On the student discount you don't get the full phone support unless you buy it separately.

Right yeah because you can't get the 3 year warranty without applecare unless you're a student. Makes sense :smile:
Original post by mangoh
computer shop (mate) told me that my laptop isn't displaying anything because the graphics chip is broken

he said he will fix it for £65

can a graphics chip be repaired, if so how?

does £65 sound reasonable?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Not without a new motherboard. You're probably getting conned.
mangoh, why you spamming ffs :sigh:
Original post by G8D
You have 4 choices.
http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/shop_mac/family/macbook_air/select

Default 128GB of both sizes, 11" 128GB with double RAM or 11" with i7.

Go.

13" or 11" i7

That is as much as I shall narrow down :tongue: Personally I'd probably get the 13" for the nicer resolution (I just can't work with something with that low resolution - even on an 11 inch screen - I like large resolutions :tongue:).
Original post by G8D
11" has better density though. So it'd be clearly even though smaller in size.

It's more the amount of things I want to see on screen, rather than pixel density. :smile:
Reply 2366
Original post by mangoh
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18440979

tax for using ie7?

that **** cray

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

If the website has to put a notable amount of effort into making it work with a browser more than 3/4 years old, why shouldn't that cost be passed onto the customers that cant be bothered/don't upgrade?
In other news, this brings back memories:

:love:
Great news! My desktop is running even smoother now that I've given it moar RAM memories. :sexface:

In less good news... I now have a Blackberry for work... I'm still reading emails at 12:55AM :frown: In related news, Blackberry OS is ****. I've never had one before and they've given me quite a swish Bold, but it's just so clunky and unintuitive.

So confused for a few seconds. "Hundred thousand euros!?" :sigh:
Reply 2370
I summon the mighty Spanish Waffle for some headphone advice :ahee:
=P

Basically, I want some new headphones, bluetooth ones (wireless obviously lol). Budget = £30 or under. I can stretch to 35 quid but 40 is a bit too far. Also, the headband thingy, must be a proper headband, not one of those flimsy type, which I had before (God, I hated them -.-).
I was thinking this.

Any other suggestions or are those fine? :dontknow:
Y'know, I think the Sound and Vision subforum is getting lonely.
This.
Original post by Mad Vlad
Great news! My desktop is running even smoother now that I've given it moar RAM memories. :sexface:

In less good news... I now have a Blackberry for work... I'm still reading emails at 12:55AM :frown: In related news, Blackberry OS is ****. I've never had one before and they've given me quite a swish Bold, but it's just so clunky and unintuitive.

Welcome to hell. I hate BBOS. It's terrible in every way.
My first venture into smartphones was a Blackberry. On a two-year contract. Needless to say I got rid of it before the end of the contract...
Was this posted before? :holmes:
Hi, I have another nooby question :redface:

Is array[x][y] (where x and y refer to the row and column, natch) the correct way to refer to a particular 'cell' of a 2D array (this is for the Arduino, so it should be pretty much C++). There's this one function in my code which uses 2D arrays and it keeps overflowing, even at the first calculation! :cry:

Edit: I think I've got it! I was treating the numbers like row and cell numbers, but I think I should use consecutive numbers, all my 2D arrays are only 2x2.

arrA B
C D

Is this correct: A = arr[0], B = arr[1], C = arr[2], D = arr[3]?
(edited 11 years ago)
:colonhash: In fact, I'll just turn my 2D arrays into 1D ones :colonhash:
Original post by S-man10
Was this posted before? :holmes:

'fraid so.

It got ****canned.

Latest

Trending

Trending