The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

At 10,000 posts threads are locked by a mod for site optimisation reasons. (The threads are locked manually, so threads can go over by a few posts)
Reply 3181
Grr wish Apple would just hurry up and release ios 6.

Really looking forward to it!
Guys you must not call it metro anymore or a nazi company will be very angry, its Modern UI or Windows 8 apps :wink:
Original post by mangoh
Grr wish Apple would just hurry up and release ios 6.

Really looking forward to it!

What "game changing" "innovation" is this steaming log bringing?
Reply 3184
Original post by Mad Vlad
What "game changing" "innovation" is this steaming log bringing?

I'm not allowed to say as I'm a developer and I don't want to break my contract.
Original post by mangoh
I'm not allowed to say as I'm a developer and I don't want to break my contract.

If you're a bone fide published developer, I'm the ****ing Pope.
Reply 3186
If you're a bone fide published developer, I'm the ****ing Pope.

No need to be rude.

I have a developer account because I want to help Apple by testing the ios 6 betas.
Reply 3187
Original post by secretmessages
Windows 8 Metro is crap. Cash machines have better UIs.

I would have to disagree, in that it depends on the device context. Having used a device running Windows 8 for 10 months, I don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be. It's a HUGE paradigm shift, but it's one that makes sense, long term.

The kind of use case that MS is going for is touch based transformable laptop tablets that have popped up recently, and I see this as the form factor going ahead until we have the next huge paradigm shift, in that the tablet and laptop are the same device. Using Android on that form factor is arguably worse at the moment than what we have on the Windows platform.

I DO agree that the public don't like changes to be so drastic, which will probably make it a commercial failure, and that is isn't suited to desktops. But the UI, and the principles behind it, make sense in the long term for the devices that people are wanting when they buy new.

It's nice to see Microsoft looking forward. It's a different approach, that I would like to see as a viable solution.
Original post by mangoh
No need to be rude.

I have a developer account because I want to help Apple by testing the ios 6 betas.

Is it your own developer account or have you just got someone to put your UDID on their dev account?

If you have actually paid for a developer account purely to use beta versions of iOS then imo you are a fool. Why would anyone want to give more money to apple to use a buggy version of their OS earlier than everyone else?
Reply 3189
Original post by Scott1541
Is it your own developer account or have you just got someone to put your UDID on their dev account?

If you have actually paid for a developer account purely to use beta versions of iOS then imo you are a fool. Why would anyone want to give more money to apple to use a buggy version of their OS earlier than everyone else?

It's my own developer account.

I paid $99 because I also have a couple of apps that I'm developing. :cool:

And no... before someone asks.
Original post by mangoh
And no... before someone asks.

You don't think they're going to make any money?
Reply 3191
Original post by Chrosson
You don't think they're going to make any money?

I don't think, I know :wink:

They have already made some money.

Windows 7 does have apps. They're called executables. :colonhash:

The apps I was refering to is

Windows 7 doesn't have this.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by mangoh
I don't think, I know :wink:

They have already made some money.

The apps I was refering to is

Windows 7 doesn't have this.

Windows 7 doesn't have what... an irritating tit from marketing going on about amazing windows 8 is? I can live with this omission.

Or am I missing the point?
Reply 3193
Windows 7 doesn't have what... an irritating tit from marketing going on about amazing windows 8 is? I can live with this omission.

Or am I missing the point?

Nah I agree to an extent.

That's all.
Original post by mangoh
It's my own developer account.

I paid $99 because I also have a couple of apps that I'm developing. :cool:

What apps? I would like to see these creations of yours :smile:
Reply 3195
Original post by G8D
Proud beta tester of mangoh's app :smug:

Start screen: http://i.imgur.com/19KtS.png
Which leads to: http://i.imgur.com/ebky5.png

Spoiler

Spoiler

@scott, I will when my next update is out!

Haha G8D this too joke. Nice screenshot

*throws version 2.5 in the bin*
Original post by G8D
Proud beta tester of mangoh's app :smug:

Start screen: http://i.imgur.com/19KtS.png
Which leads to: http://i.imgur.com/ebky5.png

Spoiler

Spoiler

I confess, I snickered at the second one.
Original post by Chrosson
This was your masters project wasn't it? I'm curious, how did you end up managing large numbers of machines?

Magic.

For someone who is so majestically condescending you really are as dumb as a box of rocks :yes:
Original post by ch0llima
Magic.

For someone who is so majestically condescending you really are as dumb as a box of rocks :yes:

:eyebrow:

At least I tend to be majestically condescending while actually giving an answer. I take it bringing up that...exchange brought with it some bitterness?

Latest

Trending

Trending