The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I seemed to have uninstalled "on screen display" by accident. Wonder what that does
Does anyone have any software recommendations for audio file conversion? I've finally migrated my music library over to my desktop PC and can't find any decent programs for converting lossless files. The only one I've found which seemed to do the job properly ended up spitting out FLAC files at 2-4 times the size of the original ALACs :holmes:
Whoa, you asking for audio advice? :zomg:
Windows or mac (or linux I guess)?
In general the 'correct' solution for lossless files (on Windows at least) is to convert to WAV and then use a specific (hopefully close to official) flac gui to convert to flac.
Original post by Chrosson
Whoa, you asking for audio advice? :zomg:
Windows or mac (or linux I guess)?
In general the 'correct' solution for lossless files (on Windows at least) is to convert to WAV and then use a specific (hopefully close to official) flac gui to convert to flac.

Haha it's the first time I've done anything with my library on Windows :ahee: I've found one that works now, eventually!

If I remember correctly all ALAC>FLAC conversions (and vice versa) involve converting to WAV as part of the process.
Just come across the most bizarre error. I've moved back to Birmingham and set up my computer and speakers, and when I restarted my PC after using it for a while it hung on the mobo's splash screen. Initially I thought it was an issue with my other RAM module after the first one died on me, but when the computer didn't BSOD like the other one did I figured it was something else. In the end I narrowed it down to it being an issue with a peripheral, and I expected it to be either my Leap Motion after installing it for the first time, or a USB hub that I hadn't used in months. As it turns out, it was a USB SD card reader that was plugged into the hub, or maybe the microSD adaptor plugged into it. Sure enough taking it out of the hub let the PC boot fine, and trying the hub in different ports stopped the computer booting. The hub on its own is fine, but the hub starts drawing power when the SD adaptor is used and that's when the problems start :lolwut:

Anyone have any idea why such a weird issue would occur?
Is there a card in the adapter? I get an issue where my PC won't boot if my phone is connected, but for some reason doesn't communicate properly, as it is detected as a USB Mass Storage Device, but if it can't either say there is no card inserted (e.g. the phone is not in SD card mode), or give details on the card (e.g. the phone *is* in SD card mode) then the MB hangs just waiting for a response. It could be for some reason the SD card reader is being identified as a USB Mass Storage Device, but isn't providing details - causing the MB to wait infinitely.
Original post by rmhumphries
Is there a card in the adapter? I get an issue where my PC won't boot if my phone is connected, but for some reason doesn't communicate properly, as it is detected as a USB Mass Storage Device, but if it can't either say there is no card inserted (e.g. the phone is not in SD card mode), or give details on the card (e.g. the phone *is* in SD card mode) then the MB hangs just waiting for a response. It could be for some reason the SD card reader is being identified as a USB Mass Storage Device, but isn't providing details - causing the MB to wait infinitely.

Nope, just the adaptor. I'll have to take the card out of my MP3 player once it's unpacked, will report back with the findings :holmes:
Does anyone know why my ipad isn't syncing some songs?

image.jpg
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/11/27/us-ocz-bankruptcy-idUSBRE9AQ15320131127
-
OCZ gets offer from Toshiba to buy assets in bankruptcy sale

(Reuters) - Solid-state hard drive maker OCZ Technology Group Inc said it had received an offer from Toshiba Corp to buy the company in a planned bankruptcy proceeding.

OCZ shares tumbled as much as 80 percent on Wednesday after trading of the stock resumed on the Nasdaq. The stock had fallen 69 percent so far this year through Tuesday's close.

OCZ, which has a market capitalization of $43 million, said it had "substantially completed" negotiations with Toshiba on an asset purchase agreement.

The company said it expected to file a petition for bankruptcy shortly after completing final documentation with Toshiba and Hercules Technology Growth Capital Inc, one of its lenders.

OCZ, which has not posted an annual profit in five years, said if it failed to agree on a deal with Toshiba it would immediately file for bankruptcy and liquidate.

The company has been battling a shortage of NAND flash memory chips, used in solid state drives, for about a year.

Sad tímes for such a brand to fall so quíckly...they've declíned a lot recently.
Reply 5829
Original post by G8D

I'm now solidly sold on smart watches.

How so? I'm not convinced by them personally. I see them more as a fad that won't catch on but I'm happy to be proven wrong.
Original post by G8D
I was referring to the gif I posted. It's from a Samsung ad.
I was being sarcastic.

[video="youtube_share;T8nJKWJTsUg"]http://youtu.be/T8nJKWJTsUg[/video]

Holy christ that is creepy.
Rasberry Pi anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr Student
Rasberry Pi anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Funnily enough I am thinking of buying a kit from Maplin for the Raspberry Pi then tinkering around with it later on and see what coolness i can do :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lord Jon
Funnily enough I am thinking of buying a kit from Maplin for the Raspberry Pi then tinkering around with it later on and see what coolness i can do :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too. May use it for xbmc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me too. May use it for xbmc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's xmbc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Quite like the humour in this page - http://phabricator.org/

Use Diffusion to look at source code in your browser. Unnerving. You can also audit code, which lets you point things out which offend your delicate sensibilities.

You can write things down with Phriction, which is a wiki.

- You can write text.
- That text stays there.
- You can read it later.
- You can make text bold. Bold text wins arguments!

The Conduit API allows you to write scripts that interact with Phabricator over an HTTP JSON API.

- Is an interface.
- For application programming.

Written in PHP so literally anyone can contribute, even if they have no idea how to program.

Xbox Media Centre. It originated on the old Xbox but its cross platform now and there's some perks to using it as a total home theatre system.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Xbox Media Centre. It originated on the old Xbox but its cross platform now and there's some perks to using it as a total home theatre system.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oooh I get ya. I need to read up on my tech haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
In "my subscriptions" on youtube, why am I only getting a limited number of videos? I used to get plenty of upload alerts, going as far as 3 days. Any ideas on how to fix this? Or is this is a stupid new setting?

Latest

Trending

Trending