Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tech Society 3.0

Announcements Posted on
Applying to uni this year? Check out our new personal statement advice hub 28-11-2014
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Question. I've a search bar in front of me which works with two databases, there are two search buttons. If I type and key enter it searches the first of the buttons. Is they any particular key press I can do to "click" the second button without using my mouse?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Question. I've a search bar in front of me which works with two databases, there are two search buttons. If I type and key enter it searches the first of the buttons. Is they any particular key press I can do to "click" the second button without using my mouse?
    why not use the enter based function to find out
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    why not use the enter based function to find out
    What?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    By default, no. If a form has two submit buttons, the browser will generally just use the first when enter is pressed (though I don't think that behaviour is actually defined in any specs).
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Some of you may have seen my post about slow 2Ghz speeds on the Superhub v2, a followup.

My laptop runs easily at 2MB/s but only when the display isn't running through HDMI. If I turn off my TV or the display turns itself off at the laptop level everything runs well. As soon as I turn the TV back on I witness it drop from peaks of 2MB/s back down to its average of 50KB/s. Why the hell would this be the case?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Some of you may have seen my post about slow 2Ghz speeds on the Superhub v2, a followup.

My laptop runs easily at 2MB/s but only when the display isn't running through HDMI. If I turn off my TV or the display turns itself off at the laptop level everything runs well. As soon as I turn the TV back on I witness it drop from peaks of 2MB/s back down to its average of 50KB/s. Why the hell would this be the case?
    A thought off the top of my head, which is probably wrong, is that whatever is teh controller (or some part of the system) for the HDMI output is the same as for the wireless and the HDMI is eating up its resources in some way so it can barely handle the internet.Probably wrong, but just a thought.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 31, 2014
New on TSR

Vote for your favourite Christmas film

Win a bundle of Xmas DVDs

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.