Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tech Society 3.0

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Unfortunately not, they'd blocked off the admin tools pane which was annoying. Ended up having to buy a new one because the work had to be in that afternoon. £6 for a 1GB stick, I felt like I'd been stabbed :\
    That's pretty brutal. Feel for you man!
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    That's pretty brutal. Feel for you man!
    Yep, and after all that they reopened online submissions the next day and let people off for submitting late >=[ now I have my shiny new phone on the way though, so the anger's faded somewhat XD
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Yep, and after all that they reopened online submissions the next day and let people off for submitting late >=[ now I have my shiny new phone on the way though, so the anger's faded somewhat XD
    :rolleyes: Gotta love it. Would send you mad otherwise.

You getting it with a contract or SIM free?
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Which phone?
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: Gotta love it. Would send you mad otherwise.

You getting it with a contract or SIM free?
    Pretty much, I may still right an angry letter to the biology department due to poor organisation in the hopes of getting reimbursed. Every little counts =P

Getting it on my current contract, my iPhone 4 is essentially dead now and I'd have to wait another 7 months until my upgrade so I'm paying the early upgrade fee then balancing it out by selling the XBox. Works out at about £45 for the handset including deposit which I'm more than happy to pay for, then keeping my current contract.
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    Which phone?
    The Lumia 800 [=
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Pretty much, I may still right an angry letter to the biology department due to poor organisation in the hopes of getting reimbursed. Every little counts =P

Getting it on my current contract, my iPhone 4 is essentially dead now and I'd have to wait another 7 months until my upgrade so I'm paying the early upgrade fee then balancing it out by selling the XBox. Works out at about £45 for the handset including deposit which I'm more than happy to pay for, then keeping my current contract.
    Yeah, that makes sense. Not a bad way to do it at all.
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    The Lumia 800 [=
    Ah, nice. That's a Windows phone isn't it? :holmes: WP7 does intrigue me, although I'm quite happy with my 4S.
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    Ah, nice. That's a Windows phone isn't it? :holmes: WP7 does intrigue me, although I'm quite happy with my 4S.
    Yeah it's a Windows Phone. Six months ago I would have laughed at the thought of getting one, but since then my smartphone use as done a complete 180. I used to have about 8 screens of apps which I used the majority of quite regularly, now my iPhone is in that bad a state I've stopped using most apps that are remotely battery intensive, and I haven't missed it much at all. I'm now just after a phone with a great camera, nice web browser and proper social network integration, which the 800 excels at. Plus it's so pretty :ahee:
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that makes sense. Not a bad way to do it at all.
    Haha yep, really lucked out on the XBox promotion, I'd have never been able to afford it otherwise XD
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Haha yep, really lucked out on the XBox promotion, I'd have never been able to afford it otherwise XD
    What promotion is that?
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenny_uk)
    What promotion is that?
    Upgrade to a Lumia 800, get a free XBox 360 Slim.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Upgrade to a Lumia 800, get a free XBox 360 Slim.
    Damnnn thats nice
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenny_uk)
    Damnnn thats nice
    I know, means I'm getting the handset for about a tenth of the price once I see it off, so I'm happy [=
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I do like the look of win pho but seeing as I now have a good collection of paid for android apps I think I'll be staying put for a while. Will certainly look at it when my contract is up in 18 months
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else on here watch loads of random unboxings
    ( I was addicted to them last year :rofl:)
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IamBeowulf)
    I don't think I've ever watched an unboxing before, how can you get excited if it's not you unboxing it?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    I don't think I've ever watched an unboxing before, how can you get excited if it's not you unboxing it?
    i dont know, but its not just me who gets excited - unboxing vids have loads of views
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    I do like the look of win pho but seeing as I now have a good collection of paid for android apps I think I'll be staying put for a while. Will certainly look at it when my contract is up in 18 months
    Haha I don't want to think about the amount I've spent on the iOS app store XD

Depends on the product really, if it's something I'd want myself or downright awesome then I watch them, I tend to glaze over the dozens upon dozens of Android handsets that the tech channels I subscribe to unbox each month though
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I
    i dont know, but its not just me who gets excited - unboxing vids have loads of views
    Oh yeah I don't doubt that, it's just I personally don't see the point in them

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 7, 2014
New on TSR

'Stalking pages' have changed!

Find other uni applicants with University Connect

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.