The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ch0llima
police took my pc away wanting to question me on wednesday

This is still ch0llima's last post. I thought he was kidding at first but now I don't know :s-smilie: :tongue:
Reply 1441
Original post by Mad Vlad
I got banned from a server the other day because I killed an admin. :lolwut:

Lol with regards to FPS on PC's, that's been happening for a long time.
Has this become the Audiophile Society? :lolwut:
Original post by f1mad
Lol with regards to FPS on PC's, that's been happening for a long time.

Indeed. But you just don't expect people to be that childish.
Original post by Vulpes
Considering getting some new headphones. Budget 100 - 300 pounds. Any suggestions? :smile:

In ear or over ear? Where will you be using them? What music do you listen to?

Has this become the Audiophile Society? :lolwut:

Audiophile stuff is tech, and this is the tech society :ahee:
But... I don't know what the **** you're all on about...

Reply 1446

That's cool, when I first started reading this thread, I didn't know what the **** you were all on about... code and ****.

Welcome to our world when you guys are talking about coding and stuff =P
I'll have you know, I'm not a coder. :pierre:
I'll have you know, I'm not a coder. :pierre:

This reinforces my point in that you talk about stuff that some of us are clueless on XD

Don't worry, me neither.

Reply 1451
I'm all full of PRSOM's up in here.
Reply 1452
Over ear. Library + outdoors mainly. Rock + Pop music? Typical korean bands (SNSD, 2PM, CN BLUE), j-pop, c-pop and quite a few others tbh... Would normally go for instrumentals when I'm revising tho.
Original post by Vulpes
Over ear. Library + outdoors mainly. Rock + Pop music? Typical korean bands (SNSD, 2PM, CN BLUE), j-pop, c-pop and quite a few others tbh... Would normally go for instrumentals when I'm revising tho.

Depending on how much of your budget you want to spend:

Sennheiser Amperior (£249)
Beyerdynamic DT 1350 (£232)
Denon ADH-2000 (£199)
AKG K550 (£185)
Sennheiser HD 25-1 ii (£162)
V Moda M-80 (£160)
Audio Technica ATH-M50 (£135)

These are all really excellent headphones for the price. I would personally go for the HD 25-1 ii or the Amperior, the HD25 sounds awesome and the Amperior is essentially the new iteration and sounds better in every way apparently. They're also built like tanks and easily reparable because almost every part can be interchanged. All are great options though. I'd suggest also buying a portable amp to pair with any of the cans priced £200 upwards (All would benefit, but you'll really want to make the most of the upper ones) to bring out the best in them, the E11 will run you back less than £50 and will really bring out the best in them (:
My monitors at work have spoilt me. :colonhash:

My single 22" at home is lacking in real estate. I have a bit of money available to get a second monitor, but I don't know whether I should or not. I can pick up another one of the model I already have for £94, but I can already feel the buyers remorse setting in, even before I've bought it. :erm:
Reply 1455
Thanks a lot for the info :h:
Original post by Vulpes
Thanks a lot for the info :h:

No worries, let us know which set you get [=
Reply 1457
When sitting at the desk, they go fairly loud without distorting. As in, I couldn't reasonably hold a conversation with anyone next to me. But if a very bassy song comes on, it may distort a little so I turn it down. This is with the gain on the speakers just around 50-60%, and the computer volume at 100%.

I know that feel bro. I am comforted by the fact that poor ears means cheap audio equipment.
Original post by Chrosson
I know that feel bro. I am comforted by the fact that poor ears means cheap audio equipment.

:five: Ruined hearing club :laugh:

Latest

Trending

Trending