Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tech Society 3.0

Announcements Posted on
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've watched the odd unboxing video, but they fail to convey the best part of unboxing new tech. That new tech smell. :yep:
    • 58 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    I've watched the odd unboxing video, but they fail to convey the best part of unboxing new tech. That new tech smell. :yep:
    That's got nothing on peeling off a pristine screen protector :ahee:
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    In my last job I was unboxing MacBooks/MBPs practically every other week. Kinda strips the novelty away after a while...

Spoiler:
    Show
    JK, unboxing shiny Apple stuff never gets old. :awesome:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Agreed. Shame I can't rep you
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Damn you got that right mate, Most recently for me was my iphone, was almost scared to remove it :P
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got a phone interview on Wednesday with these guys for a placement next year - paying £21,800.

:awesome:
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    Got a phone interview on Wednesday with these guys for a placement next year - paying £21,800.

:awesome:
    Nice. :top: Their website's kinda broken though. :p:
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    Nice. :top: Their website's kinda broken though. :p:
    Not for me. Working fine.
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    Not for me. Working fine.
    Their tabs aren't appearing properly (on Firefox):

As a web designer, I tut and shake my head at such graphical bugs. :hmpf:
    Attached Thumbnails
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	164 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	113877  
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    Their tabs aren't appearing properly (on Firefox):

As a web designer, I tut and shake my head at such graphical bugs. :hmpf:
    Ah. Well it looks fine in Chrome.

I may point this out on the phone on Wednesday.
    • 58 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenny_uk)
    Damn you got that right mate, Most recently for me was my iphone, was almost scared to remove it :P
    I can't stand them personally, I'd rather risk a couple of scratches than have to put up with it! Hopefully that won't be an issue with my Lumia, scratch resistant gorilla glass [=

I have to say, I never thought I'd see the day where I'd be excited about the prospect of buying a Windows device!
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    I can't stand them personally, I'd rather risk a couple of scratches than have to put up with it! Hopefully that won't be an issue with my Lumia, scratch resistant gorilla glass [=
    It's not entirely resistant. Granted, I haven't scratched my screen, but others over on XDA have complained about it. Just avoid keys/change/copious amounts of sand and you'll be reet.
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have a matte (anti-glare) cover on my phone. So much nicer than glass, never gets any fingerprints, and is a lot smoother to the touch.
    • 65 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hate screen covers :nooo:
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secretmessages)
    I hate screen covers :nooo:
    Gotta agree with you. I hate all phone cases. So what if it gets a scratch? Then it's got a story! :yep:
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    Gotta agree with you. I hate all phone cases. So what if it gets a scratch? Then it's got a story! :yep:
    Reduces the resell value though. Which for Apple phones is best avoided, since their resell value if kept in good condition is very good.
    • 65 followers

ReputationRep:
    Although usually that story isn't particularly exciting, with me at least :p:
    • 58 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's not entirely resistant. Granted, I haven't scratched my screen, but others over on XDA have complained about it. Just avoid keys/change/copious amounts of sand and you'll be reet.
    I know, but I'm generally quite careful with my phones so hopefully it will be ok. My keys and wallet live in my right pocked and my spare change goes in the "condom pocket" (Which I'm assuming is an urban myth, one of life's mysteries XD), so my phone typically has a pocket to itself [=
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secretmessages)
    Although usually that story isn't particularly exciting, with me at least :p:
    Well...yeah... "I dropped it" ain't the most exciting.

(Original post by Dez)
    Reduces the resell value though. Which for Apple phones is best avoided, since their resell value if kept in good condition is very good.
    True, but my HTC ain't made by Apple. I've resigned myself to the fact it'll be worth nothing after a 2 year contract. :sad:
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    I know, but I'm generally quite careful with my phones so hopefully it will be ok. My keys and wallet live in my right pocked and my spare change goes in the "condom pocket" (Which I'm assuming is an urban myth, one of life's mysteries XD), so my phone typically has a pocket to itself [=
    Is that the thing I use as a guitar pick pocket? If so... someone down the line had a small penis. :yep:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 31, 2014
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.