The Student Room Group

Can I just assume he's not going to text?

I texted a guy I've slept with a couple of times 2 days ago asking if he wanted to meet up, and he replied saying he has a lot of work to do but would be free tonight. I told him just to text when he's free and he said he would. It's approaching 8pm now, and he has a full time job so guessing he wouldn't be texting too late on...

Do you think I can just forget the idea of him getting in touch tonight?Don't think I should text him since we definitely agreed that he'd text me when he's free. :confused:
Reply 1
???
I wouldn't text him. Be patient
Reply 3
Original post by CrazyBeautiful
I wouldn't text him. Be patient

Thanks, definitely won't text him :smile:

Do you reckon I should just forget about it? He's maybe forgotten anyway
Original post by tresbien

Well I don't buy into the whole 'girls shouldn't initiate contact' BS, however I would just wait a couple of days. If he gets in touch, great, and if not, just give him a casual text and see how he responds.

* Is this just a casual fling, though? If so, he may just not be that bothered (which you will find out)

I thought this was what I'd written for a second haha cus I've been sleeping with/seeing (kind of) a guy for about 5 weeks now... lately I haven't seen him much, I saw him last wednesday when we went out for dinner and he stayed over, but i texted him today saying let me know when he wants to meet. He texted back earlier saying hes going to be really busy this week with work, but he will definitely let me know when hes free, maybe tonight. Which sounds like what your guy has said to u lol. The guy I'm on about hasn't texted me yet.. but I mean if they are busy, then they probably can't do much about it.

Hes said he will text you, so I'm sure if he doesn't come over tonight he will text you saying sorry or you can meet him another time. I'm sure hes not doing it to be rude to you! I was getting all panicky today because I texted my guy, and he didn't reply about meeting up for like 3 hours and I had all these thoughts like maybe he won't reply etc. But usually its just because they caught up doing other things, so don't stress about it! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Amywoody2009
I thought this was what I'd written for a second haha cus I've been sleeping with/seeing (kind of) a guy for about 5 weeks now... lately I haven't seen him much, I saw him last wednesday when we went out for dinner and he stayed over, but i texted him today saying let me know when he wants to meet. He texted back earlier saying hes going to be really busy this week with work, but he will definitely let me know when hes free, maybe tonight. Which sounds like what your guy has said to u lol. The guy I'm on about hasn't texted me yet.. but I mean if they are busy, then they probably can't do much about it.

Hes said he will text you, so I'm sure if he doesn't come over tonight he will text you saying sorry or you can meet him another time. I'm sure hes not doing it to be rude to you! I was getting all panicky today because I texted my guy, and he didn't reply about meeting up for like 3 hours and I had all these thoughts like maybe he won't reply etc. But usually its just because they caught up doing other things, so don't stress about it! :smile:

Haha that does sound quite similar! It's just so **** when you feel like you're waiting by your phone for a text that might not even come :frown: he definitely said wednesday. Think he is quite busy with work etc so that could be the case. Not worried that he's trying to be rude, more that he's forgotten about it...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by CrazyBeautiful
Well I don't buy into the whole 'girls shouldn't initiate contact' BS, however I would just wait a couple of days. If he gets in touch, great, and if not, just give him a casual text and see how he responds.

* Is this just a casual fling, though? If so, he may just not be that bothered (which you will find out)

Yeah it is casual. Just a bit miffed if he hasn't stuck to his word or has forgotten, petty as that sounds!
Yeah it is casual. Just a bit miffed if he hasn't stuck to his word or has forgotten, petty as that sounds!

True it's annoying, and I know the feeling of wishing someone would text you/checking your phone every 2 seconds :lol: But, just go do something else and text him another day (even if it is tomorrow!). He may genuinely be too busy
Haha that does sound quite similar! It's just so sh*t when you feel like you're waiting by your phone for a text that might not even come :frown: he definitely said wednesday. Think he is quite busy with work etc so that could be the case. Not worried that he's trying to be rude, more that he's forgotten about it...

Lol I'm in like the same position, its now me instigating like all the contact.. if I ask him to ring me, he will ring me or he will reply to my texts but it usually takes him a while to reply so I sit there freaking out like what if he doesn't reply.

I am pretty sure hes not avoiding you, like you say he is most probably busy.. but it does depend also on what hes usually like, would he usually not text like this? or has it happened before and hes usually busy?

Like my guy, I texted him the other day after 3 days of not hearing from him, and he didn't reply.. so I thought maybe thats the end of it, and I rung him too :/ I was getting a bit worried, then he rung about 4 hours later saying I'm sorry I was downstairs playing a fifa session and left my phone upstairs. So it is really best not to over think it. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have forgotten if you talked to him about it today?!
Reply 10
Original post by Amywoody2009
Lol I'm in like the same position, its now me instigating like all the contact.. if I ask him to ring me, he will ring me or he will reply to my texts but it usually takes him a while to reply so I sit there freaking out like what if he doesn't reply.

I am pretty sure hes not avoiding you, like you say he is most probably busy.. but it does depend also on what hes usually like, would he usually not text like this? or has it happened before and hes usually busy?

Like my guy, I texted him the other day after 3 days of not hearing from him, and he didn't reply.. so I thought maybe thats the end of it, and I rung him too :/ I was getting a bit worried, then he rung about 4 hours later saying I'm sorry I was downstairs playing a fifa session and left my phone upstairs. So it is really best not to over think it. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have forgotten if you talked to him about it today?!

No it was 2 days ago that we were texting, he basically said he should be free on wed (today) and that he'd text when he's free. Not known him that long, met him a couple of weeks ago and have since met up twice (once was just to collect something I'd left at his). He always texts back but sometimes takes a while.
No it was 2 days ago that we were texting, he basically said he should be free on wed (today) and that he'd text when he's free. Not known him that long, met him a couple of weeks ago and have since met up twice (once was just to collect something I'd left at his). He always texts back but sometimes takes a while.

Oh well if it was 2 days ago then he could have said it at the spur of moment and then not thought about it too much, if its casual he could be thinking its something he doesn't really need to commit to. Maybe something else has come up and he is either busy/hasn't had a chance to reply, or maybe he doesn't want to seem rude when you reminded him and he happened to be doing something else :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest