The Student Room Group

Chemical Engineering Interviews/Offers Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by rimmel

Original post by rimmel
I've got an interview at Surrey on 30th too. See you there. I had an interview at Birmingham on Wednesday and got a letter yesterday saying they're going to give me an offer. :smile:

Nicely done :smile: Surrey's interview day sounds pretty interesting, was Birmingham's similar? Where else have you applied to?
Reply 21
I also got an interview at Surrey on the 30th.

I got conditional offers (no interviews) from Nottingham, AAB and Loughborough, ABB. I'm only predicted BBB.
Reply 22
Original post by Sameen
I also got an interview at Surrey on the 30th.

I got conditional offers (no interviews) from Nottingham, AAB and Loughborough, ABB. I'm only predicted BBB.

Congrats on the offers and interview!! See you on wednesday :smile: I wonder if your predicted grades had any effect on getting offers lol :s where else did you apply, if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 23
Thanks. They do. I think a combination of me applying early and my personal statement did the job (spent a lot of time on it; started before the summer). It isn't Masters tho, that's probably the main reason (planning to transfer to Masters after second year if i'm doing well enough).
I also applied to Leeds and Aston, but Aston is a backup and I doubt ill go there since im probably putting Nottingham as firm and Loughborough as insurance now.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by Sameen
Thanks. They do. I think a combination of me applying early and my personal statement did the job (spent a lot of time on it; started before the summer). It isn't Masters tho, that's probably the main reason (planning to transfer to Masters after second year if i'm doing well enough).
I also applied to Leeds and Aston, but Aston is a backup and I doubt ill go there since im probably putting Nottingham as firm and Loughborough as insurance now.

Oh I see, well done :smile: are your predicted grades the same as your AS grades?
Did you base your firm and insurance choice on grade offers? Or do you want to go to Nottingham more than Loughborough? Just curious :smile:
Reply 25
Yer I mostly got Bs and one A but I didn't carry on with that subject so I'm only predicted Bs...ill do better than that tho i.e. my actual will be better than predicted. No I didn't base the choices on entry requirements...Nottingham isn't too far away, and the environment and city is generally very good...community is multicultural and friendly...also I know some students currently studying ChemE and medicine there. If I get a Surrey offer, I'll need to choose between it and Loughborough for insurance (both respectable unis)...but Loughborough is the base for various teams training for the Olympics which is quite special.
Annoying how Nottingham and Loughborough don't interview, but Surrey does...especially on a strike day with no school.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 26
Fair enough - nice decisions, I heard loughborough does interview, I think that's for MEng though... I didn't apply there because of the distance. Having the interview on strike day doesn't bother me, I would have had to go into school anyway!! My school loves us too much lol!
Reply 27
Hmm...that must be because most of the teachers voted against striking...but surely some voted for it which would mean that the school would have to close if enough wanted to strike...the teachers that didn't want to strike would still get paid for that day...either way, it seems quite harsh that you would have had to go in.
Got an offer from Bath and Nottingham, both want AAB. Also got an interview for Cambridge on th 15th December....quite nervous. Waiting for UCL and Imperial.
well done! i have an interview for birmingham on the 7th of december, do u have any tips on it?
Original post by Naqibrahman
Got an offer from Bath and Nottingham, both want AAB. Also got an interview for Cambridge on th 15th December....quite nervous. Waiting for UCL and Imperial.

well done! urm...do bath do interviews or did u just get an offer? what grades where u predicted though
Original post by wibletg

[QUOTE="wibletg;34800196"]Manchester on Thursday :smile:

And Imperial on the 23rd :redface:

I've got an offer for Newcastle at AAB

well done! what grades where u predicted and how did the imperial interiew go?
Original post by mohammed_eric
well done! urm...do bath do interviews or did u just get an offer? what grades where u predicted though

Well I got an offer without an interview. I'm predicted A*A*A and I have already achieved an A in maths.
Original post by Naqibrahman
Well I got an offer without an interview. I'm predicted A*A*A and I have already achieved an A in maths.

Good good...am guessing A* in chemistry and Physics? did u apply 2 ucl as well?
Reply 34
[QUOTE="mohammed_eric;35118347"]
Original post by wibletg
Manchester on Thursday :smile:

And Imperial on the 23rd :redface:

I've got an offer for Newcastle at AAB

well done! what grades where u predicted and how did the imperial interiew go?

4 A*'s, haha :|

Imperial was okay, bit nerve wracking but I'm yet to hear back from them :tongue:
Original post by mohammed_eric
Good good...am guessing A* in chemistry and Physics? did u apply 2 ucl as well?

I applied to Cambridge, UCL, Nottingham, Imperial and Bath. Imperial and UCL are the only ones I haven't heard back from.
Yes A* in Physics and Chemistry....good guess.
I've got an offer from Nottingham (no interview) and open day/interviews for Manchester and Birmingham. Anyone know what the latter 2 ask in interviews?
Original post by ellielouisecook
I've got an offer from Nottingham (no interview) and open day/interviews for Manchester and Birmingham. Anyone know what the latter 2 ask in interviews?

I've got an interview for Manchester on the 5th haha so I needa know some tips aswell. Did you go to the Notts open day?
Original post by MasterPotatoHead
I've got an interview for Manchester on the 5th haha so I needa know some tips aswell. Did you go to the Notts open day?

No, haven't seen Nottingham or anything at all! Kind of applied to fill the space....
Original post by ellielouisecook
No, haven't seen Nottingham or anything at all! Kind of applied to fill the space....

Haha same here
What other unis have you applied to?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending