The Student Room Group

OCR A Chemistry F324 Rings, Polymers and Analysis Thu 26 Jan 2012

Scroll to see replies

someone step up to the mark please
Original post by michael09_93
Ill do it college monday, I'm not in till monday, ill try an do the markscheme with it
Ill be partyin the weekend so sorry for the inconvenience lol! :biggrin:

Heyy.....did u get the paper pal?
Reply 1362
Does anyone have the chemistry unit 4 paper? it was hard..........
Reply 1363
managed to get it scanned?
??
Reply 1365
Highest grade boundaries yet?
A 49
B 45
C 41
D 37
E 33
They don't look very friendly!!!

Edit: and A* 53
www.ocr.org.uk/download/admin/ocr_64985_admin_a2_units_jan_12.pdf
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Cath-ay
Highest grade boundaries yet?
A 49
B 45
C 41
D 37
E 33
They don't look very friendly!!!

Grade boundaries are usually high when a lot of people do well. Apart from the A, all the other boundaries are higher than normal (by which I mean, 80% raw marks for 80% UMS). The actual paper wasn't too hard, there were just certain parts that were 'different' and these will stick in people's heads, giving the perception of a hard paper overall.

We'll all find out tomorrow, best of luck!
Does anyone have any idea where the mark scheme could be found :biggrin:?
Reply 1368
Original post by Oromis263
Grade boundaries are usually high when a lot of people do well. Apart from the A, all the other boundaries are higher than normal (by which I mean, 80% raw marks for 80% UMS). The actual paper wasn't too hard, there were just certain parts that were 'different' and these will stick in people's heads, giving the perception of a hard paper overall.

We'll all find out tomorrow, best of luck!

Yeah, I suppose what you've said is true. Wish that wasn't the case though :tongue:. I'm just scared that I've lost more silly marks than I thought I had!

Thanks, you too :smile:
Reply 1369
dreading this paper's result..i tried my BESTTTTTT thoughhh!
wow very high boundaries. Above 80% for an A? These are like almost 10% higher than they have ever been.
ridicolous, scandolous, I dont care if it is relative to how anyone has done, it should never be abover 80% IMO
Original post by fudgesundae
wow very high boundaries. Above 80% for an A? These are like almost 10% higher than they have ever been.

we had an extra 15 minutes though
Original post by Patchey1000
we had an extra 15 minutes though

Was it really that bad before though that people now managed to get 5 marks more? I thought although they added an extra 15 minutes, some of the questions actually required you to think more than on previous papers. The difficulty was no different, you just had to spend more time thinking through some answers.
are the papers and mark schemes uploaded?
Felt confident about exam.
Saw grade boundaries.
Am now quivering wreck.
Reply 1376
Oh damn, now I'm sure I didn't get an A...
Reply 1377
A C bang on the dot.
86/90

Never been so relieved in my life!

Hope everyone else did well. :smile:
I got a B, 68/90, which is OK, think I'm on track to get an A still, especially as I find F325 much easier than F324 :smile: hope everyone got what they wanted.

Quick Reply

Latest