The Student Room Group

OCR A Chemistry F324 Rings, Polymers and Analysis Thu 26 Jan 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1440
hi can anyone please help me with a cwk question.. first i had to work out energy change using q=mc x temp change.. then told to work out 1 mol of neutralisation of H2SO4 by the equation which was given : H2S04 + 2NAOH.. (i know it's a 1:2 molar ratio..but how do i work out enthalpy change in kJmol-1 do i divide energy change by number of moles but eg. suppose if H2S04 =0.1 mol and NAOH = 0.2 mol how would i go about working 1 mol of neutralisation for H2S04 - im so confused. And then another question is how do you work out enthalpy change of REACTION. i would really appreciate it if anyone helped me out!
Any one else think it's ridiculously unfair by OCR to punish you by 5 marks if you are unable to use percentages of composition to work out the molecular formula of the ester in the last question of the paper. Also can anyone explain to me why i was not given the mark in Q2ai) on stage 3 because I included Tin, HCL and NaOH ? .... thank god for OCR course work is all i can say ahaaa..
Original post by Raj K
wow well done!! :biggrin: how did you revise?? any tips?? i thought i worked so hard for this exam but i never got my A ): PLEASE tell me how you got such a goooood grade!!!!!

I go to a community college in liverpool, so the first thing is that anyone can do it :smile:
Also that having a real enjoyment for your subjects, don't let douchebags tell you that
Revision is 'gay' or 'for nerds'. I play for golf an snooker, have a girlfriend and go out with
Friends so it is possible for average people.
The following thing I would advise for better grades
•start early, don't revise last minute (you wouldn't start practise for a
Boxing match 2 weeks before, your brain is a muscle and still needs slow casual work)
•use your imagination, make posters and cue cards and highlights, I PROMISE YOU THIS WORKS :smile:
•do regular study but don't overload yourself, if you don't want to revise, DON'T, have the night off.
•be really self critical of yourself, don't think "wow I got a B, I can sitoff" think a 'B grade'
Is 30% that I don't know, not 70% that I do know,

Hard work and preparation is key to all of this, doin plenty of past papers and timing yourself
Good luck in your exams and hope this helps :smile:
Reply 1443
Original post by Bluumunkyy
Any one else think it's ridiculously unfair by OCR to punish you by 5 marks if you are unable to use percentages of composition to work out the molecular formula of the ester in the last question of the paper. Also can anyone explain to me why i was not given the mark in Q2ai) on stage 3 because I included Tin, HCL and NaOH ? .... thank god for OCR course work is all i can say ahaaa..

Maybe your product was wrong
Original post by Bluumunkyy
Also can anyone explain to me why i was not given the mark in Q2ai) on stage 3 because I included Tin, HCL and NaOH ? .... thank god for OCR course work is all i can say ahaaa..

NaOH is not required for this. It will react with the HCl and cause extra side products. It needs to be under acidic conditions, not neutral.

As for the percentage composition - do have a good practice at that before you resit because that shouldn't be too hard.

Good luck next time :smile:
Original post by clownfish
NaOH is not required for this. It will react with the HCl and cause extra side products. It needs to be under acidic conditions, not neutral.

As for the percentage composition - do have a good practice at that before you resit because that shouldn't be too hard.

Good luck next time :smile:

ahh okay thanks, that sucks ... yeahh it was just exam nerves with the other bit, just annoys me that there's no error carried forward in the final ester part ... and i cba with the re-sit, just gonna focus on the F325 and try and scrape the A ..... cheeers x
Reply 1446
Original post by michael09_93
I go to a community college in liverpool, so the first thing is that anyone can do it :smile:
Also that having a real enjoyment for your subjects, don't let douchebags tell you that
Revision is 'gay' or 'for nerds'. I play for golf an snooker, have a girlfriend and go out with
Friends so it is possible for average people.
The following thing I would advise for better grades
•start early, don't revise last minute (you wouldn't start practise for a
Boxing match 2 weeks before, your brain is a muscle and still needs slow casual work)
•use your imagination, make posters and cue cards and highlights, I PROMISE YOU THIS WORKS :smile:
•do regular study but don't overload yourself, if you don't want to revise, DON'T, have the night off.
•be really self critical of yourself, don't think "wow I got a B, I can sitoff" think a 'B grade'
Is 30% that I don't know, not 70% that I do know,

Hard work and preparation is key to all of this, doin plenty of past papers and timing yourself
Good luck in your exams and hope this helps :smile:

THANKYOUU SOO MUCH ..this helped a lot!
Reply 1447
people..i have a evaluative chemistry A2 coursewrk soon on Equilibria..has anyone done a similar one..please help me im worriedddd!!! PLEASE HELPPP!!
Original post by Raj K
people..i have a evaluative chemistry A2 coursewrk soon on Equilibria..has anyone done a similar one..please help me im worriedddd!!! PLEASE HELPPP!!

If you can name the exact title, I can possibly provide a list of areas you'll want to be familiar with, but discussion of the actual coursework is forbidden.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1449
Original post by Raj K

I did one on half cells is this the one you are doing?
Reply 1450
Original post by Linz34
I did one on half cells is this the one you are doing?

nope it was on equilibrium, Kc values etc..i reckon the half cells one must have been difficult :/
Reply 1451
Original post by Raj K
nope it was on equilibrium, Kc values etc..i reckon the half cells one must have been difficult :/

nah it wasnt too bad, only had a few questions in :smile:
Reply 1452
people which exam do you prefer F324 OR F325..which do you personally find better?? i know F325 is worth alot more marks but do you think the content is easier than F324???
Original post by Raj K
people which exam do you prefer F324 OR F325..which do you personally find better?? i know F325 is worth alot more marks but do you think the content is easier than F324???

I prefer F325 so so much more! I personally find the content in F325 much easier, I hate RPA and find it harder. :mad: I think people usually find RPA easier though..
Reply 1454
Original post by Phenylethylamine_
I prefer F325 so so much more! I personally find the content in F325 much easier, I hate RPA and find it harder. :mad: I think people usually find RPA easier though..

thankyouuuu that's what i wanted to know lol rings polymers analysis ..no one knows how much i completely hate that exam - it's horrible don't like it at all. Have you done F325? because some people did that module in Jan..what did you get and any tips lol..did you mainly use the main OCR textbook?? thanksssss!
Reply 1455
Original post by Raj K

i find F325 easier more maths involved haha, f324 too much drawing which i dont like :frown:
Reply 1456
Original post by kingam
i find F325 easier more maths involved haha, f324 too much drawing which i dont like :frown:

lol yeah i completely agree! oh it was you who inboxed me right? i'll email you back in a few mins ok!
Reply 1457
Original post by Raj K
lol yeah i completely agree! oh it was you who inboxed me right? i'll email you back in a few mins ok!

yh haha it was me , alright cool .
Reply 1458
Original post by Raj K

I like them both! :tongue: But I reckon f325 is easier to drop marks in due to the numerous calculations involved.
Reply 1459
Original post by Cath-ay
I like them both! :tongue: But I reckon f325 is easier to drop marks in due to the numerous calculations involved.

really? i hate RPA! let me guess..you got an A/A* !! how did you do it? :/ lol

Quick Reply

Latest