The Student Room Group

OCR A Chemistry F324 Rings, Polymers and Analysis Thu 26 Jan 2012

Didn’t see any threads on this exam so thought I’ll make one :biggrin: any revision tips or just general thoughts on the exam please post. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Anyone know where the past papers are or any questions for practice??
Hey :smile: For some reason my college is doing it the other way round, so we are doing EEE in January, and then RPA in June D:

I would just like to ask how is RPA? :smile: thanks :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by LGrosvenor101
Hey :smile: For some reason my college is doing it the other way round, so we are doing EEE in January, and then RPA in June D:

I would just like to ask how is RPA? :smile: thanks :biggrin:

What do you mean? :s-smilie:
Original post by kickasskaz01
What do you mean? :s-smilie:

Basically, we are doing what you do as the summer exam (Equilibria, Energetics and Elements) in January, and then Rings, Polymers and Analysis in June.

I have no idea why :P Something to do with more time to learn between now and January compared to January and June.

Anyway, I was wondering how people found the RPA module? :smile:
Doing this exam in January, I know Module 1 & 2 really well but Module 3 exam questions are tough! I'm resitting Unit 2 F322 aswell cuz I got a C and trying to get As in my exams.
I hate Spectroscopy! :frown:
Original post by LifeIsGood
Doing this exam in January, I know Module 1 & 2 really well but Module 3 exam questions are tough! I'm resitting Unit 2 F322 aswell cuz I got a C and trying to get As in my exams.

I'm doing the exact same, but i thought for me i should not retake and just concentrate on this module
Original post by High VOLTAGE
I'm doing the exact same, but i thought for me i should not retake and just concentrate on this module

I just scraped a C (weirdly enough) I'd thought I would have gotten higher but oh well. I want to hopefully get As in my exams as my practicals are so awful. I've been working for this paper from the beginning and only got NMR Spectroscopy to cover which I'll try to finish up tonight :smile:
I just scraped a C (weirdly enough) I'd thought I would have gotten higher but oh well. I want to hopefully get As in my exams as my practicals are so awful. I've been working for this paper from the beginning and only got NMR Spectroscopy to cover which I'll try to finish up tonight :smile:

lol i left the june exam thinking i aced it, i got a C :frown:
Wow you've done well, me and my mates are splitting the notes between us, so i have to wait for NMR to be done and i heard it's hard
Original post by High VOLTAGE
lol i left the june exam thinking i aced it, i got a C :frown:
Wow you've done well, me and my mates are splitting the notes between us, so i have to wait for NMR to be done and i heard it's hard

NMR isn't hard to understand, it's just hard to apply because the exam questions aren't straightforward but that's OCR Chemistry for you. I like Unit 5 so far, it's more of my type of Chemistry and it involves lots of Maths :smile: I'm not a fan of organic. I've self-taught Module 3 over the half term but need to go over polymers and that long organic synthesis flowchart properly. My plan is to be done with this unit by the end of next week so I can start past papering through everything :smile:
Reply 11
I hate Spectroscopy! :frown:

I’ve only learnt about benzene so far! :mad:
I’ve only learnt about benzene so far! :mad:

Really? That's all your teacher has covered?
Reply 13
Really? That's all your teacher has covered?

Yes this is 100% true my teachers are **** most lessons are occupied with them taking about them self or we do an experiment for a week! :angry:

I have to learn everything on my own. :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Yes this is 100% true my teachers are **** most lessons are occupied with them taking about them self or we do an experiment for a week! :angry:

I have to learn everything on my own. :frown:

Wow that's terrible. Why don't you complain?
Benzene is just the start! Didn't you do any work at home at all?
Reply 15
Wow that's terrible. Why don't you complain?
Benzene is just the start! Didn't you do any work at home at all?

Complaining gets me nowhere; my chemistry teacher is head of science! For every chemistry unit I do I self teach about 75% the unit or I would have to wait like a week before the exams to cover he the content with teachers, even if I wait it’s all still not taught just areas which they think my come up! :mad:
Our class have finished over half the syllabus
We've done the analysis chapter, and about 3/4 through the rings/acids/amines and also just started the polymers chapter too! So hoping our class is on track :smile:

Got a B on unit 2...3 ums off an A! I thought I did really well on it but oh well :rolleyes:
Reply 18
Original post by andrewpeters
Our class have finished over half the syllabus

Eh? We've finished the whole thing and now going to study F325, talk about overkill:s-smilie:
Original post by The medjai
Eh? We've finished the whole thing and now going to study F325, talk about overkill:s-smilie:

:eek:

How can you have finished it all off already?!

Can you help me on NMR Spectrocopy - the Proton one :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending