The Student Room Group

How tall are you and when did you stop growing?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Female. 5'7

Mum is 5'6. Dad is 6'1/6'2

I stopped growing around 16/17 i think.
Original post by NOBODY MOVE!

When did you stop growing?
only recently! within last 2 months! i had such bad pains around my knees and on my shins, i shouldn't have to put up with this misery at 23 years of age! also i have had to get a different car as i could no longer fit my legs into my old one (but headroom is fine for me in most cars, i have normal sized upperbody) - it is having 42'' inside leg measurement that is the problem :nooo:

Was the old car you had a Fiat 500? If so I think I might remember talking to you about it once before cos you had it as your avatar? And I heard that some people have trouble with legroom in the Fiat 500.

Not that I'm any stalker by the way, I just have a random memory lol.
Girl
I must have been around 17
5'9" 175.5
Mum around 5'4"
Father around 6'4"
Female.
5'4"
Mum = 5'1". Dad = 6'2".
Female
5'5
My dad is around 5'11, mum is around 5'5
Stopped growing around the age of 13. My height has increased very little since then.
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Was the old car you had a Fiat 500? If so I think I might remember talking to you about it once before cos you had it as your avatar? And I heard that some people have trouble with legroom in the Fiat 500.

Not that I'm any stalker by the way, I just have a random memory lol.

good memory, miss cherrycherryboomboom! :'D i did have a fiat500!

bad news on it though :frown: i read a news article online where 1 month ago somebody stole it in the night and was being chased high speed by police, only to eventually total the car against a barrier. they even put the photo of it in the article with rear licence plate fully visible.
my poor baby is dead.... so sad,considering i hoped to buy it back from the person i sold it to at some point. x
Eight inches.
I'm a girl.
5'2", same as my mum. My dad's about a head taller, I don't know his height.
I haven't grown very much since I was 11, I went from being one of the tallest in my year at school to one of the smallest. :tongue:
Reply 28
6ft, male, think i stopped when i was 16-17
Original post by NOBODY MOVE!
good memory, miss cherrycherryboomboom! :'D i did have a fiat500!

bad news on it though :frown: i read a news article online where 1 month ago somebody stole it in the night and was being chased high speed by police, only to eventually total the car against a barrier. they even put the photo of it in the article with rear licence plate fully visible.
my poor baby is dead.... so sad,considering i hoped to buy it back from the person i sold it to at some point. x

:console: Ah damn, I'm sorry to hear that. Some people are so horrible eh. I hope that thief really pays.
Reply 30
Are you a girl or boy?
Girl (18 years old)

How tall are you?
5ft 9

How tall are your parents?
My Mum is 5ft 6 and a half, and my Dad is 6ft 3 and a half

I've always been quite tall and I grow steadily rather than having a growth spurt. However, it's slowed down in recent years.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
:console: Ah damn, I'm sorry to hear that. Some people are so horrible eh. I hope that thief really pays.

jailed for 12months apparently - the guy was repeat offender only released from jail a few weeks before this happened.

how they could get such lenient sentence for murder (.....murdering the car)?! ;_; the menace.
Male - 17
6'0/6'1 - haven't grown since the just before I was 15, but have started growing a little now
Dad - 6'0 maybe 6'1
Mum - 5'4/5'5
Male - 17
6'3/6'4
Dad - 6'4
Mum - 5'4
Not sure if I've stopped yet...
Are you a girl or boy?
Assigned female at birth.

How tall are you?
5'5"

How tall are your parents?
My dad is 5'6" and my mum is 5'4".

Well, I suppose I still haven't, probably. I'm nearly 18. Last winter I grew an inch in height and haven't grown since then. But before then, I hadn't grown since I was about 14, so...it's unpredictable.
Reply 35
18 - 6,5 and I'm still growing slightly
Reply 36
female, 5ft1-and-a-bit.
5ft2 and 6ft.
About 16.
Although a large part of your height is on genetics, you don't stop growing until mid-20s for guys and early 20s for girls, there may be very little growth or a lot of growth until that age. However, there are ways to influence your height, that is exercise during your teens to encourage the release of human growth hormones, and also sleep/nap.
Diet, has been widely speculated, but there's conflicts, as both healthy and junk food stimulate growth of body.
Reply 38
Male
5ft 9
Parents are 5ft 7 and 5ft on the dot
Probably one inches or two left
Reply 39
Male. 6'4. Father's around 5'10, mother 5'5. Yes, I'm suspicious. Don't know when I stopped growing.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest