The Student Room Group

Electrical and Electronic Engineering Thread 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PinkPhazer
Awesome! What Uni you wanting to study at? :smile:

I'm hoping for it to be Edinburgh, but I'm also considering Strathclyde as well. Not really decided which one I prefer yet. Strathclyde strikes me as better for graduate prospects but I love the University of Edinburgh and I think it has better facilities on the whole.

What about yourself?
Original post by chrislpp
I got my offer in the last few days of January. Never got confirmation. ymmv

lool i did finally get a confirmation and an offer back in november ahha :smile:
Original post by Electronica
I'm hoping for it to be Edinburgh, but I'm also considering Strathclyde as well. Not really decided which one I prefer yet. Strathclyde strikes me as better for graduate prospects but I love the University of Edinburgh and I think it has better facilities on the whole.

What about yourself?

I'm thinking the same thing, I applied for strathy and Edinburgh. I've got an interview/open day at Strathclyde on wednesday but i have yet to hear from Edinburgh. I'm planning on visiting all of them and then deciding which one to accept. I dont think the engineering department at Glasgow is as good as strathclyde or edinburgh but it has my preferred course, so at the moment I'm thinking Glasgow. :smile:
I'm thinking the same thing, I applied for strathy and Edinburgh. I've got an interview/open day at Strathclyde on wednesday but i have yet to hear from Edinburgh. I'm planning on visiting all of them and then deciding which one to accept. I dont think the engineering department at Glasgow is as good as strathclyde or edinburgh but it has my preferred course, so at the moment I'm thinking Glasgow. :smile:

I'm going to the same thing at Strathclyde on Wednesday but I'm yet to hear from Edinburgh too. Got an unconditional from Heriot-Watt today though but I'm not really considering them. Don't get me wrong, Glasgow has a great engineering department and it's probably better in the respect that it has fewer students and therefore a better lecturer to student ratio and also more equipment to go around. Strathclyde strikes me as a bit of a school like environment with little room for extra curriculars and outside subjects.

We might bump into eachother without knowing it on Wednesday then :tongue: what time are you supposed to be there, 1:15?
Reply 24
I've applied for Plymouth, Sussex, Loughborough, Brunel and Westminster. Got the confirmation emails today. Excited to go and see the departments. :biggrin:
I'm going to the same thing at Strathclyde on Wednesday but I'm yet to hear from Edinburgh too. Got an unconditional from Heriot-Watt today though but I'm not really considering them. Don't get me wrong, Glasgow has a great engineering department and it's probably better in the respect that it has fewer students and therefore a better lecturer to student ratio and also more equipment to go around. Strathclyde strikes me as a bit of a school like environment with little room for extra curriculars and outside subjects.

We might bump into eachother without knowing it on Wednesday then :tongue: what time are you supposed to be there, 1:15?

I've to be there for 1:15 as well :smile:. I'll be the long haired ginger guy. Apparently we do team building stuff. I hope it is interesting. Everybody Ive met that goes to Strathclyde said that it is really good so It'll probably be a tough decision to make as to what Uni to choose.
I've got an offer from Hertfordshire, and an interview at York and Bristol. :biggrin:
Has anyone else applied to York?
Glasgow and York. Still waiting for Edinburgh Essex and Surrey. Probably not gonna get an offer from Surrey though -_-
Offers from Surrey, Loughborough and Brunel, waiting to hear from UCL :smile:
I've to be there for 1:15 as well :smile:. I'll be the long haired ginger guy. Apparently we do team building stuff. I hope it is interesting. Everybody Ive met that goes to Strathclyde said that it is really good so It'll probably be a tough decision to make as to what Uni to choose.

Guess who I was. :awesome:
Guess who I was. :awesome:

Haha, no Idea. I'm guessing you spotted me! :biggrin:
Haha, no Idea. I'm guessing you spotted me! :biggrin:

I was sitting right beside you at the group discussion I think - I was the defenseless victim of a stapler. :frown:
I was sitting right beside you at the group discussion I think - I was the defenseless victim of a stapler. :frown:

haha, kewl. You had the same interview guy as me. :smile: Strathy meet your expectations?
haha, kewl. You had the same interview guy as me. :smile: Strathy meet your expectations?

Exceeded them, what about yourself? :smile:
Unconditional from Aberdeen, Robert Gordon and Glasgow Caledonian. Aberdeen was first choice so going up there next year
Exceeded them, what about yourself? :smile:

Yeah it was better than I thought it would be :smile: . I wonder if glasgow n edinburgh will come across as good as they did.
Yeah it was better than I thought it would be :smile: . I wonder if glasgow n edinburgh will come across as good as they did.

I've already seen quite a bit from them, I doubt they will. I think Edinburgh has better computers and that's just about it.
Reply 37
Original post by UnknownPerson
anyone heard from Leicester?

I got one but im perplexed about their reputation there! Can you please guide me as to what kind of reputation does Leicester has in UK?

Regards,
Sahil
Reply 38
I got offers from my 5 choices:
Imperial EEE with management (38 IB points)
Imperial EEE with year abroad (38 points )
UCL EEE year abroad (36 points)
Bath EEE (36 points)
Warwick EEE (36 points)

what do you guys think i should pick as my two top choices? imperial and ucl??
Original post by xch
I got offers from my 5 choices:
Imperial EEE with management (38 IB points)
Imperial EEE with year abroad (38 points )
UCL EEE year abroad (36 points)
Bath EEE (36 points)
Warwick EEE (36 points)

what do you guys think i should pick as my two top choices? imperial and ucl??

yeah that would be a good choice I'm guessing you like london?!

Quick Reply

Latest