The Student Room Group

PPE offers for 2012 entry

Has anybody received any offers to read PPE at:
Durham
Manchester
Warwick
York

Or been invited for an interview at Oxford?

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone received any PPE offers yet? I've applied to Oxford, Durham, Warwick, York and Manchester.
got an offer for ppe manchester
Reply 3
Manchester (PPE) and i also applied notts for pols and econ which i got as well
other unis are durham warwick and oxford - Not yet heard
Reply 4
Original post by Anish_P
Manchester (PPE) and i also applied notts for pols and econ which i got as well
other unis are durham warwick and oxford - Not yet heard

When was your application date?
Reply 5
Got one from Manchester, one from Lancaster.
Reply 6
Not heard anyhting yet and i sent mine on the 14th Oct
Reply 7
I have not gotten anything yet, application sent on October 14th. Warwick and Oxford for PPE, LSE for government and history, Durham for combined hon ours in social science and Edinburgh for Econ and Politics. 38 predicted in IB. Do you guys think Edinburgh is a good safety net? I am getting nervous, apparently lots of people have received offers from Warwick already.
Reply 8
Original post by tashiepashie
Has anyone received any PPE offers yet? I've applied to Oxford, Durham, Warwick, York and Manchester.

Snap we're applying to exactly the same places for PPE.

And no I haven't got any offers yet, Durham's are around January apparently and Oxford's obviously after interviews... Some people have Manchester offers though. I haven't even got a Manchester acknowledgement
Reply 9
Original post by new123
When was your application date?

i sent it on the 5th of october got notts on the 14th and manchester on the 26th :smile:
Original post by dc_lawrence

Snap we're applying to exactly the same places for PPE.

And no I haven't got any offers yet, Durham's are around January apparently and Oxford's obviously after interviews... Some people have Manchester offers though. I haven't even got a Manchester acknowledgement

I didn't get a Manchester acknowledgement either. :/ Which oxford college are you applying too?
Reply 11
I literally just received a conditional from manchester. AAB were the specified grades. Pretty damn happy.
Good luck to all! :smile: And I hope to see you all next year at Manchester! :biggrin:
:smile:
I didn't get a Manchester acknowledgement either. :/ Which oxford college are you applying too?

I applied to Jesus... Yourself?
How are you finding the TSA? I'm kinda banking on it cos my GCSEs aren't brilliant. Pretty borderline anyway! Still waiting for that much needed Manchester offer :/
I applied to Jesus... Yourself?
How are you finding the TSA? I'm kinda banking on it cos my GCSEs aren't brilliant. Pretty borderline anyway! Still waiting for that much needed Manchester offer :/

Oriel.
The TSA is tough, no doubt about it but I seem to be getting decent scores, though there only were 4 past papers... I always manage to keep to time but I'm just worried there won't be an essay question that really stands out for me. How are you finding it?
And yes, it's so annoying about Manchester! A boy in my year got a PPE offer from them last week, so I'm wondering when I'm going to find out seeing as my application was sent around the same time as his.
Oriel.
The TSA is tough, no doubt about it but I seem to be getting decent scores, though there only were 4 past papers... I always manage to keep to time but I'm just worried there won't be an essay question that really stands out for me. How are you finding it?
And yes, it's so annoying about Manchester! A boy in my year got a PPE offer from them last week, so I'm wondering when I'm going to find out seeing as my application was sent around the same time as his.

Toriel... Oh dear.
Yeah the TSA is tough. Out of pure nosiness, what sort of scores are you getting? :smile:
And yeah, Manchester is annoying but they receive so many applications it's not surprising they take so long. Would have been nice of them to release them all at once though... I suppose it's good if they consider each one carefully!
Reply 15
Just wondering.. does anyone know the numbers that apply to durham and
the amount of offers?
thanks in advance.
Reply 16
When are York supposed to respond? Anyone applying there?
Original post by Schlegel

Original post by Schlegel
When are York supposed to respond? Anyone applying there?

I'm applying there but I have no clue when they start responding. I've not heard of anyone having offer from there yet though...

Toriel... Oh dear.
Yeah the TSA is tough. Out of pure nosiness, what sort of scores are you getting? :smile:
And yeah, Manchester is annoying but they receive so many applications it's not surprising they take so long. Would have been nice of them to release them all at once though... I suppose it's good if they consider each one carefully!

On the multiple choice, the lowest I've scored is 30/50 and the highest is 37/50. That's been roughly between 58 and 63 when it's converted to their scoring system. Essays there's not really much guidance...we did a mock at school and my teacher said my essay part was good as far as he could tell but he didn't really have any idea how it would be marked for the real thing. How about you?
On the multiple choice, the lowest I've scored is 30/50 and the highest is 37/50. That's been roughly between 58 and 63 when it's converted to their scoring system. Essays there's not really much guidance...we did a mock at school and my teacher said my essay part was good as far as he could tell but he didn't really have any idea how it would be marked for the real thing. How about you?

Lowest 34 highest 45. The essays difficult, as it can't really be marked. I've just been getting my dad to read through lol! Anyway good luck for tomorrow, let me know how you think you did :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending