The Student Room Group

Embarrassing things in every day life

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Ice Constricter
LOL. It is embarassing when the bus driver is looking at you desperately rummaging through your pockets try to find it. And don't forget the impatient passengers behind you waiting to board the bus too.

The anger comes in after when you have to walk back all the way home and you realise you're going to be late for college. :angry:

I share your pain :hugs:
Falling off the bus, and getting stuck between the bus and the pavement. Instinctively grabbing on to the side of the bus to help yourself up, forgetting the cup of tea in your hand, which then ends up all over you, looking like you've wet yourself. Outside the lecture theatre, at the precise time that loads of students are coming out of their lectures.

Falling over in the middle of the square in front of tour groups of prospective students on open days.

Or falling over on zebra crossings. I've done that far too often.
McDonald's Women: 'Are you eating in or taking out?'
Me: 'Indeed'.

(There's a lot more but I have the memory of a goldfish!)
I remember this one time (I was about ten years old, so it was a long time ago now) but I had just finished getting re-dressed into my uniform after PE and I was in such a good and happy mood. I walked merrily back to the cloakrooms to put my PE kit away and one of the teachers called me and said "Your skirt's tucked into your knicker m'love!" For some reason, I have always remembered that as at the time I felt really embarrassed and my good mood had been shot down in front of everyone.

Other embarrassing moments...

Pulling the door that says push in a frustatred manner believing that the door is broken. Then when you realise it say "push" all becomes clear.

Somebody calls your name and you turn around saying "HI!" only to realise they were talking to somebody with the same name as you who was standing beside you.

Oh and the grand ''Running for the bus only for it to leave anyway''

or the ''falling down the stairs of a double decker bus''

both embarrassing bus moments.

ALso...I can never find my seat in an exam and I'm always the last to sit down. I hate that the most.
I got on a bus with two of my friends. We decided to get on the top Decker and my friend went first, followed by me and then my other friend. Halfway up the stairs I felt like slapping her ass to annoy her and the bus jerked forward and I ended up burying my face on my friends ass. My friend in front of me bashed her side into a pole and she ended up getting a purple bruise LOL. A few people in the year above we're also in the bus but I dunno if they saw :L
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by DH-Biker
I've had three that make me wince every time I think about them:

1) I was in Carlisle, listening to music and looking at my phone and I was heading to GAME the shop. I had a rough idea of where it was, and out the top of my eye I could see the purple of the storefront. However, right next door there was also an Ann Summers shop, with a similar coloured storefront. It wasn't until I walked in, realised there was a step where there hadn't been one before and looked up to see about thirty women from the ages of about 30 down to 15 staring at me. Time. ****ing. Stopped. I wasn't sure if I should tell them I'd walked into the wrong shop, because they'd all think I was in there being a perv or retarded for not getting the right shop or something. All the time I was thinking this, seconds ticked on, and everyone kept staring at me and eventually I backed out into a group of 19 year old girls... It wasn't a good day.

2) Mountain biking on the fell and there was this huge, (like 200 hundred odd), crowd of people all sitting along the sides of this mountain biking path. I went through the first lot without much bother, but they were all watching me and I hate that sort of look people give you. Anyway, got to a jump, did it well but landed and my wheel washed out. The laughs, the s******* and finally the "Are you OK?" I tried to make a joke of it and that failed worse then the jump... :no:

3) Back in Carlisle, when I was younger I loved jumping those bollard things. I had really baggy jeans on, caught the bottom on the bollard and full on faceplanted the ground right in the town centre. Broke my nose, got laughed at by other people and nothing hurt as much as my pride. :frown:

Those would be my three, the first being by far the most embarrassing... Was so tempted to make it sound like I was buying something for a girlfriend I didn't have at the time... But no, I froze and when I did move it was straight into a group of attractive, female women who were my own age.

That's hilariously embarrassing, but I love how you said "female women" :awesome:
Reply 46
Original post by confuzzled92
Boner during a presentation would be hilarious. :mmm:

I think you mean is :colonhash:
1) When I first started dating my BF, we had only been out a couple of times. Anyway this one time we had been out somewhere and I was about to go home, we kissed and I turned around to walk away... only to walk straight into a road sign and knock myself out. NO JOKE. I have no idea how I got him to agree to another date after that.

2) I was shopping in Primark once and had arm fulls of clothes to take to the till. There was a huge que, and when I eventually got to the front and the lady scanned all of the clothes through I looked into my bag and realised I had left my purse at home. So I had to stand there infront of everyone and say "I'm sorry, I have no money" then walk away. THE SHAME.

:ashamed2:
When it was really snowy a few years ago, none of the stations in my area had been gritted. So I walked really carefully down the platform, then when the train cam in I was really pleased that I hadn't fallen over. I stepped into the train, and fell straight over onto my arse, right in the middle of a bunch of buisnessmen, and nearly falling back out the train in the process. The worst bit was that I burst out laughing, and was just sitting on the floor giggling for ages before I got up. I think they all thought I was totally mad.

No one else seemed to have this problem getting on trains. :frown:
Reply 49
Said thank you to an automatic door

Said "Cya" to a bus driver by accident :s-smilie:

Getting shouted at by thus bus driver for sitting in the luggage compartment lol

Me and a mate were arguing whether to pronounce it ad-var-nce or ad-van-ce.
Later that day I went to the shop and asked to buy half a dozen "starmps"...

When I was like 5/6 and went shopping with my Mum I would get bored and hide in the clothes racks lol. Then a woman was just browsing, moved the clothes apart and found me before screaming at me...I ran off :rolleyes:

Eating chocolate in class and accidentally offering the teacher one as they walked past.

Errrrr...that's all I can think of for now.
Walking into a transparent door was definitely the most embarrassing day of my life!! Everybody around me was looking like they've never seen somebody walk into something o.O what was more embarrassing however, was the fact that I was on my own - I had nobody to laugh with (to cover up the embarrassment) so I just silently walked away ..
The one thing that stands out for me was during work experience in 4th year of high school. At this point, I wanted to be a lawyer and I managed to get placed at a solicitor's office. We had to write a wee letter explaining why we wanted to be placed there, and I wrote that I was interested in law and soliciting. At the end of my week at the office, the manager called me in to her office and pulled out the letter. I was ****ting myself wondering what I'd done wrong, then she asked me if I knew what soliciting meant. So, I told her that it was to do with solicitors and stuff, as the naive 16 year old me thought it was, only for her to tell me that it basically meant prostitution.

Still haven't lived that one down. :frown: I could see she was trying so hard not to laugh, as well! What's even worse is that my teachers read the bloody letter and didn't even mention it.
Reply 52
Original post by Gummy'bear94
Walking into a transparent door was definitely the most embarrassing day of my life!! Everybody around me was looking like they've never seen somebody walk into something o.O what was more embarrassing however, was the fact that I was on my own - I had nobody to laugh with (to cover up the embarrassment) so I just silently walked away ..

thats so true when your with someone it's not as embarrassing, if i fell on ice and laughed with my friends it would have been ok:biggrin:
Reply 53
Original post by TommyToms
Said thank you to an automatic door

LOL!

Me and a mate were arguing whether to pronounce it ad-var-nce or ad-van-ce.

wth? lol.

Eating chocolate in class and accidentally offering the teacher one as they walked past.

aww.
Reply 54
Getting splashed by a car, massive puddle on a rainy day, while having a line of cars stuck in traffic going the opposite direction seeing this...just kept my head down and acted like it was funny (it wasn't :frown:)
Reply 55
I've had three that make me wince every time I think about them:

1) I was in Carlisle, listening to music and looking at my phone and I was heading to GAME the shop....

I read this entire post and all I kept thinking was that I've been in the same GAME shop as you :zomg:

I found it much more amazing than I probably should have :flute:
Reply 56
Original post by Liam_G
I read this entire post and all I kept thinking was that I've been in the same GAME shop as you :zomg:

I found it much more amazing than I probably should have :flute:

You live in Carlisle? :tongue:

Please say yes, I know of no other Cumbrians on here. :no:
Reply 57
When you are walking by yourself and you think about something funny and start laughing, appearing crazy to everyone walking by.
Reply 58
You live in Carlisle? :tongue:

Please say yes, I know of no other Cumbrians on here. :no:

Yes I am Cumbrian :sparta:

I live close enough to Carlisle:yes: Was there on Sunday actually, missed a train at night time and had to wait two and a half hours for the next one.

Ordered the last meal at McDonald's before they closed and sat outside on a bench to eat it on my own :nopity:

Lonely times.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Apollo11
Hahaha that's hilarious! I once called a teacher 'mum' by accident. Oh, the shame :frown:

It's not as bad as calling a male teacher "mum". Especially when you 'correct' yourself by saying, "Oh, sorry Dad."
:facepalm:

Quick Reply

Latest