The Student Room Group

c1 as maths

how do revise for maths alevel????:confused:
Reply 1
Past papers.
Reply 2
Like the above poster said Past Papers are the best way to revise.
Go through a past paper when you get to a question you can't do, have a little look at the mark scheme, if you still don't understand it, have a look in a text book or revision guide. Or you could just ask your maths teacher, when you get to a question your stuck at.
Good Luck :smile:
Reply 3
Answer lots and lots of questions from each topic and then do past papers. Sorted :wink:
Review exercises, practice papers, past-exam papers, solomon papers, etc...
Reply 5
know the topic inside out and then proceed to past papers
Reply 6
I feel there's a variety of ways but it boils down to two ways;

1st way - Past Papers. Do a few of them and find your weaknesses by checking the mark scheme. Then, do some exercises based on the type of questions you're dropping marks on. Keep doing this until you get 100%.

2nd way - Go over the whole syllabus. Do a variety of exercise questions and ask your teacher/TSR if you're unsure on something. Once you're fairly confident, proceed onto past-papers.

I feel the 1st way targets the 'more-capable' students and the 2nd way favours people who feel 'lost' and 'bewildered'.

PS: Try and understand why an equation is as it is and why you're doing the things (the process of a question) you're doing. My maths teacher said he spent countless hours on this and that's why he did so well in his A-Levels; that and his insane mathematical ability.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending