The Student Room Group

Clinical Sciences Interview at Bradford Help!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Any foundation course applicants heard anything? :'(

Guess its the wait till January/February now for the next lot of interviews/rejection...
Reply 121
Original post by Medicina

Any foundation course applicants heard anything? :'(

Guess its the wait till January/February now for the next lot of interviews/rejection...

Nope not a word, the uncertainty is unbearable! :frown: anyhow, good luck!
Reply 122
Original post by tobnot
Nope not a word, the uncertainty is unbearable! :frown: anyhow, good luck!

Only thing I've heard is a email I received after sending my application of, something along the lines of '...thank you for your application we will pass it on to the relevant department...' oh I got a text too :biggrin:

Funny thing is, I hear from a person on TSR that they send their application of on the 23rd of November and got a letter a week later for a interview at the beginning of December!

Anyway, thanks and good luck to you too :smile:
Reply 123
Original post by Sweetmoi
Did you get in by that route or normal?

I'm not sure what you mean by "normal". I got in by taking the Foundation Year to Year 1 of Medicine route, if that's what you mean. :smile:
Reply 124
I went to my interview recently and that was followed by a course description

I was surprised to hear that even if you do apply for say year 1, you may still get made an offer for foundation year and vice versa. They make a judgement based upon your academic ability and performance at interview. Also year one has a lot fewer spaces than foundation year.

After considering the pros of foundation year i'm pretty glad there's a chance of a foundation year offer having applied for year one
Original post by ChrisJ
I went to my interview recently and that was followed by a course description

I was surprised to hear that even if you do apply for say year 1, you may still get made an offer for foundation year and vice versa. They make a judgement based upon your academic ability and performance at interview. Also year one has a lot fewer spaces than foundation year.

After considering the pros of foundation year i'm pretty glad there's a chance of a foundation year offer having applied for year one

what do you mean by year one if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 126
Original post by kurdishboy94
what do you mean by year one if you don't mind me asking?

You have the option of applying for a foundation year in which you learn the more basic skills and knowledge to do the course, or you can apply to go straight into year one of the course
oh all right i see :smile:
Reply 128
has anyone got an interview for the foundation year??? its been months since iv applied no reply :s-smilie:
Reply 129
Original post by Drizzy12

has anyone got an interview for the foundation year??? its been months since iv applied no reply :s-smilie:

Nope, I haven't heard a word from them since i applied!
Reply 130

I have had an offer to attained a visit day/interview at Cardiff University for Eng. Fdn year. I have no idea what to expect so any information would be great. :smile:
Reply 131
Original post by asif007
I'm not sure what you mean by "normal". I got in by taking the Foundation Year to Year 1 of Medicine route, if that's what you mean. :smile:

No I thought you did clinical sciences before .. my bad
Reply 132

Nope...it's kind of depressing :frown:
Reply 133
Original post by tobnot
Nope, I haven't heard a word from them since i applied!

I got a email today with login details to access some portal on their site to track my application?
Reply 134

I got a email today with login details to access some portal on their site to track my application?

Yep, I got the same email. Guessing that's because of the Jan 15th deadline.
Reply 135
Original post by tobnot
Yep, I got the same email. Guessing that's because of the Jan 15th deadline.

:smile:

I wonder...has anyone been rejected yet? I know some people have had interviews but any rejections handed out yet?
Reply 136
:smile:

I wonder...has anyone been rejected yet? I know some people have had interviews but any rejections handed out yet?

I havnt heard anything about a intervieew :/ do u guys know how many ppl have applied to the foundatiom course? Etc when they interview and how many people they interview ? Need to ring them :frown:
Reply 137
I havnt heard anything about a intervieew :/ do u guys know how many ppl have applied to the foundatiom course? Etc when they interview and how many people they interview ? Need to ring them :frown:

I've not had a interview either or heard anything apart from the portal login details....

Not sure but its a popular course :smile:
Original post by loves islam
oh ok thanks! was worried then because my form tutor said he wasnt sure id get in due to were i lived!

Im applying, and my house is in south yorkshire, the other side of the road where my dad parks his car is west yorkshire. How bummed am i?! haha
Reply 139
Ahh I've just got a letter today saying that I have an interview for Clinical Sciences at Bradford on the 1st Feb.

I have applied with a medical personal statement.

I don't actually know what clinical sciences is!! D: Is it just like Medicine? or Biology? and I have no idea what to expect in the interview, I've got 5 days to prepare in which I have 3 exams and a driving test :'(

I can see me being so ill-prepared and nervous I wont even be able to speak :frown:

Help?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending