The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Barburrito is really good, one of my favorite places to eat since moving to Liverpool, works out a little bit pricey sometimes, cause they charge you for veg (50p) and guacamole (75p), but you get a good amount of filling in them!
I agree with more Mexican/tex-mex places.
Frozen yoghurt :colone:

I know there is a Pinkberry in Selfridges but what about the rest of London... I can't keep paying like £10 just to get there for that one thing :sad:
Reply 42
Somewhere like Denny's or IHOP, when I go the America I love having pancakes :3
Reply 43
Anything that is shown on Man vs Food.
Original post by CJRyan

What is IHOP?
veggie fast food resturant would be good - i dont trust the veggie options that are out there :L
(edited 12 years ago)
near my house there's somewhere that delivers Roast Dinners to your door

incredible!
Reply 47
Original post by Charlesworth
What is IHOP?

International House of Pancakes :smile:
Original post by CJRyan

I love IHOP, I always make it my mission to go to IHOP if there is one nearby when I visit the states :colone:
Original post by tehFrance

I know there is a Pinkberry in Selfridges but what about the rest of London... I can't keep paying like £10 just to get there for that one thing :sad:

I think Costco cafés still do frozen yoghurt, if you or anyone you know has a card to get in (it won't be high end type stuff, but you get whacking great tubs of it for a decent price).
Original post by TotoMimo
I think McDonalds personally missed a trick by stopping selling their Pizzas and their Hot Dogs. NOWHERE ELSE does Hot Dogs!!

Since when did they sell pizzas and hot dogs? :lolwut:

Anyway, I second Taco Bell, it looks amazing.
Reply 51
How old are you Arcadia? It was in the 90s I believe, I used to love asking for a Hot Dog Value Meal because it came in its own little SPECIAL CARDBOARD SLEEVE!

This was back in the day of CLASSIC MCDONALDS when everything came in those AWESOME polystyrene clamshells. Who remembers THOSE?

Anyway Maccy Dees, bring back Hot Dogs and Pizza Value Meals. NOT ENOUGH TAKEAWAY HOT DOG PLACES!!
Reply 52
Original post by Bear_Grylls
WHY U NO SELL TOMATO MAYO SAUCE?!?!

WHYYYY

mayo and ketchup mixed together mmmmmmmmm

I think you can. Isn't that just marie-rose sauce or thousand island dressing?
Why hasn't someone invented a calorie-free chocolate that tastes just as good yet? COME ON SCIENCE, we're counting on you.
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
Since when did they sell pizzas and hot dogs? :lolwut:

Anyway, I second Taco Bell, it looks amazing.

I've never been much for Taco Bell. Every time I walked into a Taco Bell restaurant the smell of oily meat would overwhelm me to the point of sickness.

Don't get me wrong, I love Mexican food. But Taco Bell doesn't satiate me, I just don't understand its appeal. Most of the Mexican joints I eat at are owned and operated wholly by Mexican immigrants, usually tucked away in obscure locations.
Original post by tehFrance

Snog and Samba Swirl are two awesome frozen yoghurt chains in London :biggrin: Snog is a bit more simple with traditional toppings, whereas Samba Swirl is self service with a bigger variety of flavours and toppings!!

Frozen yoghurt :love:
Reply 56

And what about a Frozen Yoghurt outlet like FroYo?

where in UK do you live

I am in London and there are 4 that I know of within a 1 mile radius
Reply 57
The reason that the likes of KFC and McDonalds etc fare so well is the universal nature and familiarity of product. You know exactly what's going to be on the menu before you enter, and it'll be ready to go in a very portable, easy, convenient format in seconds. With burgers it's a one-handed food, peel the wrapper and munch, but KFC have it right with their chicken offering it in little boxes/buckets/bowls.

If you had the same for Indian food, for example...

Imagine a "Value Meal Menu" and going in and asking for a six-piece Chicken Tikka meal which included a Mcnuggets-like box with six bits of chicken tikka, a little madras dip, and a side of either Tarka Daal, Saag Aloo, or a fries-like bag of Bhaji Bites or Potato Pakora bites, and of course, a soft drink. Just fast, quick and easy McDonalds-style food in a convenient instant format but something THAT'S NOT BURGERS FOR A CHANGE!

you need to actually look into the logistics of stuff rather than 'people like X'

you can't cook a pakora or bhaji like you can fries, it needs to be freshly cooked if you want it crispy vs soggy

that would mean it would have to be cooked - to order

which would defeat the point of fast food

same with a proper curry - it needs time to be cooked as so the flavours develop and the curry imparts its flavour into the meat, you can't speed up the process. neither would people want curry that's made and left on a heater for even an hour as the meat would go dry

the only way it would work is literally if they microwaved every order and then you'd moan it doesn't taste the same.

so referring to my first point - you can't just make a food 'fast food' as some foods just can't be cooked quickly and taste good
McDonalds and KFC delivery
Reply 59
again as for frozen yoghurt places;

snog
frae
itsu
yogland
frog

to name but a few [these are the chains, there are other independent places]

there's tons in london

Latest