The Student Room Group

Studying in Spain (Barcelona, Valencia, Madrid)

Wondering if anyone has studied in mainland Spain and what course you did, and whether you study/studied there full time or as part of a study abroad year. Post some of your experiences here. I'm in love with Spanish culture and am definitely interested in taking a year over there.
Reply 1
I'm wondering this too! I would really like to apply for 2012 but the whole system seems so confusing, as if its not confusing enough just learning the UK university system!!
If I find out anything I shall let you know!
Reply 2
If you're studying A levels, the process you need to follow to get into a Spanish public uni is pretty confusing. You need to get an equivalent certificate through an organisation whose name I can't remember and then do a lot of shizzle.

However, getting into a private uni is a piece of cake and there are really good ones. It depends on your budget.

Cheers
Original post by Victor-PP
If you're studying A levels, the process you need to follow to get into a Spanish public uni is pretty confusing. You need to get an equivalent certificate through an organisation whose name I can't remember and then do a lot of shizzle.

However, getting into a private uni is a piece of cake and there are really good ones. It depends on your budget.

Cheers

I'm looking to take a year at the uni as part of a link with an English uni instead of full time - does that still apply?
Reply 4
Original post by Karma Police Arrest
I'm looking to take a year at the uni as part of a link with an English uni instead of full time - does that still apply?

No, not at all. It's just when you want to study the whole degree at a Spanish uni.
Alot of the spanish courses (but not all) require you to speak spanish fluently as that is what the courses are taught in unlike other european countries in which they are taught in english. (this applies even to those only doing single year abroad)
Hi
I have no actual experience, but would also love to spend a year of my uni course abroad in spain/south america. and have made sure pretty much all my courses have that choice. would particularly like to do a study exchange, where the programme is taught in spanish - a sure good way to get your spanish up to fluent!
Original post by Guru Jason
Alot of the spanish courses (but not all) require you to speak spanish fluently as that is what the courses are taught in unlike other european countries in which they are taught in english. (this applies even to those only doing single year abroad)

That's one of the only problems. I can speak Spanish pretty well but the two courses I'm looking at doing (either Chem or English Lit) would probably be really difficult in Spanish.
Reply 8
Hey there
I'm a 2nd year Spanish student at Uni. I'm going on my year abroad to Spain next year and need some advice on where is best to go.

I'm not going to study so I don't need any advice about Universities, I'm doing a British council teaching assistantship in a school.

I've heard that going to somewhere like Madrid is daunting and it's more expensive, harder to get to know people and too easy to meet other international students and speak english there.
By the same token I'd rather not be stuck in a little village miles outside a proper city without anyone my age ;s

I've heard Valencia is a good compromise in terms of size, cost, vibrance, students and meeting people...
Can anyone confirm or giv me some tips?

Much appreciated x
(edited 12 years ago)
Barcelona is the cheapest I think. Valencia will defo be alot cheaper than Madrid and the capital can have a 'crowded' feeling
Reply 10
Does anyone know how the spanish culture is different to the british one? I know that they are more relaxed, eat later etc, but i don't know how to write it ? or anything about their music/dance etc :/
Reply 11
What are some good universities that teach in English in Madrid or Barcelona ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would like to apply to study psychology in english in spain , but i am struggling with what ive got to do to apply etc, i was wandering if their is anyone who has done this who could help?? thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending