The Student Room Group

Why do people in the UK grow old too fast?

Why do people in the UK age very fast? What are the stats compared to the rest of the world? I reckon people in the Med are more healthier and therefore look healther and age slower. They've got less taxes. Better food. Better weather. Closer families. Closer friendships.

Just looking around; looking at the people, old and young in this country. Some young people look like they've aged 30 before their twenties. Very sad. Some young men in this country look like they've been dragged-up, and slapped around the face a few times and it has stuck in the wind. Oh and that voice! "ahright, mate! Goin' me birds, later for a spliff! Hey!!! Shut it!!"

Makes me cringe, as does their Amy Winehouse/Scary Spice wannabe girlfriends who you see pushing a pram at 40mph whilst dragging her daughter behind.

Young girls. Is it me or must they dance everywhere and sit crossed-legged on the pavement? What is wrong with these girls? And do they have to eat so much crisps? And what's with walking around with your iphone on full blast listening to Rihanna or some other bint? What's with that? And why do young girls stare at boys and make them do bad things?

Old people seem to be verging on the egde of alzheimers, dimentia or general insanity in this country. They are cranky half the time. And the old men always wear tweed and dark green jogging bottoms. The woman always wear those turquoise or apple green coats, and dye their hair purple or pink. And they looks so frumpish.

What's with the Middle Classes these days? Ivory tower? The so-called "squeezed middle classes"? You know the kind, two cars in the drive, well kept garden, two or three holidays a year, and still complaining that unemployed people get too much money, whilst they don't ever get enough.

Anyway, why do people in the UK grow so old and grow too fast? Debt? Taxes? Oppression? Loneliness? Social exlcusion? Poverty? Bad weather? Gloomy outlook? Physical weakness?
Reply 1
It's no country for old men
Reply 2
Take a deep breath and chill!
Reply 4
Original post by Martyn*
Why do people in the UK age very fast? What are the stats compared to the rest of the world? I reckon people in the Med are more healthier and therefore look healther and age slower. They've got less taxes. Better food. Better weather. Closer families. Closer friendships.

Just looking around; looking at the people, old and young in this country. Some young people look like they've aged 30 before their twenties. Very sad. Some young men in this country look like they've been dragged-up, and slapped around the face a few times and it has stuck in the wind. Oh and that voice! "ahright, mate! Goin' me birds, later for a spliff! Hey!!! Shut it!!"

Makes me cringe, as does their Amy Winehouse/Scary Spice wannabe girlfriends who you see pushing a pram at 40mph whilst dragging her daughter behind.

Young girls. Is it me or must they dance everywhere and sit crossed-legged on the pavement? What is wrong with these girls? And do they have to eat so much crisps? And what's with walking around with your iphone on full blast listening to Rihanna or some other bint? What's with that? And why do young girls stare at boys and make them do bad things?

Old people seem to be verging on the egde of alzheimers, dimentia or general insanity in this country. They are cranky half the time. And the old men always wear tweed and dark green jogging bottoms. The woman always wear those turquoise or apple green coats, and dye their hair purple or pink. And they looks so frumpish.

What's with the Middle Classes these days? Ivory tower? The so-called "squeezed middle classes"? You know the kind, two cars in the drive, well kept garden, two or three holidays a year, and still complaining that unemployed people get too much money, whilst they don't ever get enough.

Anyway, why do people in the UK grow so old and grow too fast? Debt? Taxes? Oppression? Loneliness? Social exlcusion? Poverty? Bad weather? Gloomy outlook? Physical weakness?

It's called smoking and drinking from the age of 14
Reply 5
It's Never Never Land outside St Pauls cathedral atm. Why don't you join them? (don't forget your weed, guitar and ignorance!)
Complaining too much.
ironically I had the image of an old lady sitting outside making all these complaints as I read that lol

'why do they have to eat so much crisps?' - that made me laugh

back on topic, facial wise it could just be down to poor health or stress

the way they act is probably exposure to more adult things like smoking, alcohol and heels that are 17 inches high
Reply 8
Original post by Martyn*
And why do young girls stare at boys and make them do bad things?

I f***ing knew it! Now it all makes sense.
Because the amount of alcohol consumed in the United Kingdom is extremely high compared to other countries. You can see kids as young as 13 binge drinking on foster cans while in other countries such as Canada it is considered taboo that age to do such a thing.

But point being alcohol taken daily in large consumptions can pretty much dehydrate your skin and burst the capillaries underneath your skin causing it too lose elasticity making you look older and age prematurely.

I'm not anti alcoholic, I like a beer or double highball once in a while but people in the UK do drink way too much compared to other countries, which is why so many look very old by the time they reach their 30's.
boredom

leads to drinking, smoking and banging too much gear every weekend

itd age anyone if they did it like the brits
Reply 11
lol oh for **** sake , do you realize you're undermining your own argument by ranting like an old man?

and no, i didn't read it; i'd rather put my dick in a blender than listen to a student rant about complete *******s.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Notethis
It's Never Never Land outside St Pauls cathedral atm. Why don't you join them? (don't forget your weed, guitar and ignorance!)

That sounds fun. Ignorance is bliss.
Original post by chrislpp
It's called smoking and drinking from the age of 14

this
Original post by Martyn*

and what about those politicians eh? what are they like!?
madness!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending