The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm terrified about not even making it to the interview stage! Would be gutted.
Reply 181
Original post by spectator1993

We all are. Take a chill pill :dancing2:
Reply 182
Original post by pinkrose
Thanks, good luck to you too! I'm looking forward to the tsr debrief afterwards! x

me too! Although it'd be awful if I get on here, realise everyone has done compleeeetely different stuff and then go through weeks of agonising haha. :frown:

Original post by Froodles
And Bradley James <3 In fact, the whole cast is ridiculously pretty.

Apart from Gaius o.O

HAHAHA don't lie, Gaius is a babe and a half :wink:
Original post by ReBee
We all are. Take a chill pill :dancing2:

I just thought a little bit of venting would be helpful :smile:
Reply 184
Ooohh... it's all getting quite close now... rather exciting stuff.

Quick question about written work, before I email the admissions office to ask them, I'll see if anyone has any info.

Applying for English and Italian (ab initio). As a result, I need to submit an essay in English for English (obviously) and an essay in English for Italian, will they want two separate essays, or will they be content for the same one for both?
Original post by Miller693
Good luck with that, I'm also sitting the MAT. How are you finding the past papers?
Hope the preperation goes well!
:smile:

me too! I've only done one past paper so far and both specimens haha OMG!!! I'll do all the others tomorrow >.< how're you finding the past papers? (can't answer this question YET so I'm asking you back :P)
Original post by fluteflute
Teaching quality does make a huge difference! Not that I have any idea what Born-Haber cycles and Hess' Law are...

those are Chem stuff!

don't worry, we'll all be interviewed and meet each other in October 2012!! (<-- this is the spirit :biggrin: :biggrin:)
Original post by desy.kris
don't worry, we'll all be interviewed and meet each other in October 2012!! (<-- this is the spirit :biggrin: :biggrin:)

Hahaha, yes!
Currently listening to The Smiths and whacking out the HAT past papers. Rave! :cool:
Before we start afresh, time to award some prizes from the old thread... (I've included anyone who got 50 posts)

punctuation 831

such_a_lady 736

fluteflute 631

medbh4805 606

Brand New Eyes 566

manic_fuzz 426

anyone_can_fly 346

nightmare91 337

candide 241

dnumberwang 239

Devil_in_disguise 187

Banoffeepie16 171

Niki_girl 150

Phia7 127

Eldedu 118

Doojam 105

qwertyuiop1993 104

desy.kris 95

LonelySoul193 78

KingMessi 78

Lexi C 78

AnimalSpirit 77

Groat 75

tgarrud 72

irina793 70

JMusson 65

hannahwhelan 65

MeeMee 63

dragonmeister 63

Chr0n 60

Festina lente 55

Emgrace 55

Did you know: the top ten posters made up 49% of all the posts? :tongue:

Oh dear... :colondollar: that's a lot of posts!
Reply 190
Original post by punctuation
Oh dear... :colondollar: that's a lot of posts!

Considering the top poster in the Cambridge thread has 500 posts, that is a lot. :ninja:
Original post by pinkrose
I'm so glad I'm not the only one having an elat breakdown! I NEED MORE PAST PAPERS!!!! :smile:

Original post by _becca
in other news.. THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH ELAT PAPERS, WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO UNTIL WEDNESDAY?! eeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
double other news.. does anyone else get up at 11.30 like me haha? :colondollar:

I need more MAT papers!!! :tongue:anic:

although I have only done 1 out of the 5 I have so far haha -__-

and, I woke up at 6.30 this morning!! crazy, didn't expect to wake up that early D:

Electromagnetic induction is my least favourite topic in the whole of physics so far...

everything I learnt in IB Physics is my least favourite topic in the whole of Physics so far...

lol jk that's probably an exaggeration, there are a few topics I like but some are just so...ugh
Hi everyone,

I was watching the other thread but there was so much conversation I didn't believe my introduction was fitting! Haha.

I am applying for Theology - hoping to send my written work next week - fate will then be sealed (unless you believe in predestination...)
P.S. Has anybody else got an offer from Exeter?
Original post by Groat
Considering the top poster in the Cambridge thread has 500 posts, that is a lot. :ninja:

And who is that? You? *must seek out and destroy*

Original post by Hopeful<--
Hi everyone,

I was watching the other thread but there was so much conversation I didn't believe my introduction was fitting! Haha.

I am applying for Theology - hoping to send my written work next week - fate will then be sealed (unless you believe in predestination...)
P.S. Has anybody else got an offer from Exeter?

I've an offer from Exeter for psych. :smile:
I'd be interested to hear from other folk sending off written work. What marks have you achieved in the work you're submitting? Everyone full marks?
Currently listening to The Smiths and whacking out the HAT past papers. Rave! :cool:

Theeeeeere is a light and it never goes outtt:dancing2: See the luck I've had can make a good man go baaaaaaaaaaad:rolleyes:
Reply 196
Original post by punctuation
And who is that? You? *must seek out and destroy*

:sexface:
Original post by _becca
me too! Although it'd be awful if I get on here, realise everyone has done compleeeetely different stuff and then go through weeks of agonising haha. :frown:

HAHAHA don't lie, Gaius is a babe and a half :wink:

What about Uther? I thought he looked like a bit of a stud. :tongue:
But then he died :frown:

Original post by desy.kris
me too! I've only done one past paper so far and both specimens haha OMG!!! I'll do all the others tomorrow >.< how're you finding the past papers? (can't answer this question YET so I'm asking you back :P)

I think they're do-able, I just always want to take more time than I've got. So time management may be an issue. :K

Hopefully the MCQs will be alright because I can rattle them off fairly well usually. Good luck with your massive past paper spree! Something tells me it might take a while! I'm sure we'll all be fine though! :biggrin:
Reply 198
Original post by Devil_in_disguise
Theeeeeere is a light and it never goes outtt:dancing2: See the luck I've had can make a good man go baaaaaaaaaaad:rolleyes:

:love:
Reply 199
Original post by anyone_can_fly
I'd imagine that if 90% get interviews, the 10% will mainly be ones who applied for the hell of it/as a joke because they had a spare space/whatever. Unlike maths, where about 65% of people get interviews. :cry2: That's large enough that you still feel inadequate for not getting one, but small enough that it's a distinct possibility.

The Merton emails were exciting! :biggrin: But the only thing they said seemed to be, &quot;You'll got told about interviews at least a week in advance. We'll email you. Now go away and don't pester us.&quot;

Ah 65% is an annoying percentage indeed! :-/

Haha yeh Merton emails didn't say much, especially as I don't need to submit any written work :smile: But it's good to just hear from them!

Original post by Brand New Eyes
I know! But not we get out own personal contact to annoy rather than just general UG admissions who take forever

:party: yay Julie G.

That's true! I'm sure they get bugged by so many people about things :P Is their job though!

My plans:
C1/C2 revision for MAT (done)
Pack college bag for Monday (done, ish)
Physics homework, electromagnetic induction questions... (in progress, slowly)
Flute practise
The final MAT paper
Reading about Philosophy (:biggrin:)
Online Artificial Intelligence videos (probably leave this until tomorrow)
Extended Project (probably leave this until after the MAT on Wednesday, but I really need to do something...)
Merlin

MERLIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Original post by Froodles
And Bradley James &lt;3 In fact, the whole cast is ridiculously pretty.

Apart from Gaius o.O

ARTHUR IS MINE! :biggrin:

Im so obbsessed with Merlin it's unreal...

Latest

Trending

Trending