The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Portsmouth Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ashley24
Yh I know but the links on that particular page was for tution fee which made me think its about tution fees rather than halls. Also we already said how we will pay halls in the e.intro

Done the same thing. I thought it was about tuition fees? So I chose paying none of it myself.

I though accommodation payment was done through the e-intro. This is sent out to everyone I think, including those not going to halls. So it must be for tuition fees...

Also I just left term address as the home address, I am sure you can change it when you get to halls and sort everything out.
(edited 11 years ago)
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Reply 681
I put term address as my halls of residents address
Reply 682
I ticked the box where it said set same as home address. I don't know my exact address during term but it doesn't really matter since they can change it and i've already applied to halls.
Original post by SneakyDeaky
Im in QEQM hall D 17, not really sure what this means tbh :/ Im studying law though :smile:

i'm in QEQM hall B 09 i don't really get it either ... i'm doing English Literature :smile:
Reply 684
Do u know if there's a deadline for doing that e-intro thing?
Original post by fif3tuuu
Do u know if there's a deadline for doing that e-intro thing?

Do steps 1 to 3 before you get there. Not sure If there is a deadline but it will make everything smoother I guess. only takes 5 minutes unless you need to go and get a passport photo to scan in. (I personally took a picture on my phone of one I found in my house that had a white background. They accepted it so it is not too strict)
Reply 686
Original post by ELs123
Do steps 1 to 3 before you get there. Not sure If there is a deadline but it will make everything smoother I guess. only takes 5 minutes unless you need to go and get a passport photo to scan in. (I personally took a picture on my phone of one I found in my house that had a white background. They accepted it so it is not too strict)

Thanks so much...You've been very helpful :smile:
Original post by fif3tuuu
Thanks so much...You've been very helpful :smile:

no worries :smile:
For the E-intro, does anybody know the size the photos have to be (ie the dimensions) or can we submit any photo and they'll do it for us?
Reply 689
I'm guessing you can just go to a photo machine pay £5 and get a slide of 4 pictures of you on it. Choose passport size photos, it's what I did and what I am going to do.

Edit: Are you talking about when you get there and you need to give them 2 photographs or something, or are you on about your access card which you need to upload your face on the site so they can imprint it on the card?
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm also confused, does it have to be white background?
Does coloring the background all white help? because most of the photos I've taken for ID card are just normal backgrounds...
Original post by nmr1991
I'm guessing you can just go to a photo machine pay £5 and get a slide of 4 pictures of you on it. Choose passport size photos, it's what I did and what I am going to do.

Edit: Are you talking about when you get there and you need to give them 2 photographs or something, or are you on about your access card which you need to upload your face on the site so they can imprint it on the card?

Yeah, the campus cards. I have taken the photos and I just need to know the dimensions to change the size or if they do it.
Reply 692
It says on a ratio of 7:9 so I just did 140 x 180, photoshopped the shadowed background to a white background, cleaning bits up so it shows the top of my shirt to a couple of inches above my head. It doesn't matter as long as your face is clear and not pixellated. If you had your picture about 14 x 18, it would be too small, but any measurement above that can be auto resized to fit the card photo.
Reply 693
The thing that worries me is the hall contract, one that I keep and one I have to take with me, I hope there is a printer and computer access there so that I can print it out since my home one needs refilling or repaired or something and it will take at least another month to get done. The induction thing online is really informative and should be understood fully before going.
Reply 694
Original post by amandapsr
If you stayed in one of these rooms please give your experience, I have been offered this accommodation.

i dunno sorry i wanna know what there like myself
Reply 695
Does anyone know if there is any good dubstep or D&B nights in portsmouth? :biggrin:
Reply 696
Original post by ashley24
Anyone in trust hall

Hey!! I'm in trust hall :smile: what room you in
Reply 697
Original post by holly_1a
Hey!! I'm in trust hall :smile: what room you in

Im in t/03 wbu
Fi
Reply 698
T/08/3 :smile:
does anyone known if QEQM hall has a cooker or anything?

Because i'm in part catered accomodation and on the virtual tour it only showed microwaves and if I can help it I don't want to have to cook microwave food all the time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending