The Student Room Group

Economy without alcohol/drugs

How do you think the economy will be without alcohol or drugs?
What are we going to do with our lives without the presence of alcohol/drugs?
Do you think people will live much better if there is no alcohol/drugs around us? or Perhaps people will be the same as we are right now regardless of having the alcohol/drugs around us or not.. Elaborate.

I am asking this question because I need opinions for my presentation on my Political Science class which is due next friday. I am not a Political type of person, which is why I am asking it here. Your opinion will be greatly appreciated. I am not doing really well in this class thats why I posted here while doing my research to get more information about the topic.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by kristinaalovesu
How do you think the economy will be without alcohol or drugs?
What are we going to do with our lives without the presence of alcohol/drugs?
Do you think people will live much better if there is no alcohol/drugs around us? or Perhaps people will be the same as we are right now regardless of having the alcohol/drugs around us or not.. Elaborate.

I am asking this question because I need opinions for my presentation on my Political Science class which is due next friday. I am not a Political type of person, which is why I am asking it here. Thanks a lot.

There are plenty of countries in the middle east where alcohol and drugs are officially banned, have a look at those for case studies.
Original post by Maker

Original post by Maker
There are plenty of countries in the middle east where alcohol and drugs are officially banned, have a look at those for case studies.

Thanks. I'll look up to that
Reply 3
It would thrive...
Reply 4
Shares in Condom companies would fall through the floor
Anyone else?
NHS would hopefully spend less?!

Probably alot of these signs too

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Maker

I highly doubt the copious amounts of oil in the Middle East is related to their religious obligation to abstain from alcohol.
Not too many Afghanistanis drink alcohol either, but I don't see their economy booming, do you?
Original post by JollyGreenAtheist

I highly doubt the copious amounts of oil in the Middle East is related to their religious obligation to abstain from alcohol.
Not too many Afghanistanis drink alcohol either, but I don't see their economy booming, do you?

Or there could be even more worse than alcohol if it didnt exist..
Reply 9

At what point did I post about economic success linked to alcohol or drugs, do you have a link or did you just make it up?
Reply 10
America made alcohol illegal in the 20's, but the economy was in such a state they had to bring it back by the 30's

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending