The Student Room Group
Reply 1
wear trousers and shirt, but no suit jacket or tie that way we don't offend nobody. black shoes
for arty subjects etc: more casual
traditional subjects history etc: slightly more formal

ps: do you really want to go to Staffordshire? :eek:
gianthead
wear trousers and shirt, but no suit jacket or tie that way we don't offend nobody. black shoes
for arty subjects etc: more casual
traditional subjects history etc: slightly more formal

Or Westminster?

Just wear what you like to an interview...obviously don't show up wearing an offensive t-shirt or something.I think smart casual might be the way to go?
i'd always say smart casual as well. its always worked for me, and it seems like the safest option.
make sure you feel comfortable though; its pointless wearing what you 'think you should be wearing' if its going to affect your performance :smile:
good luck!
Reply 4
gianthead

Yes? Problem... They offer the best tailored course for the subject area I want to enter which is Network Engineering - do some research on the courses, understand what each Uni offers and you might have some room to criticise. In the mean time, I think this course could be suitable and you should consider it. Click Here

Westminster... No it was just a backup choice, and a chance to visit London :wink:

Thanks for the replys
Reply 5
compynei
Yes? Problem... They offer the best tailored course for the subject area I want to enter which is Network Engineering - do some research on the courses, understand what each Uni offers and you might have some room to criticise. In the mean time, I think this course could be suitable and you should consider it. Click Here

Westminster... No it was just a backup choice, and a chance to visit London :wink:

Thanks for the replys
not criticising the course, it's just the students there...well nevermind you'll be ok

ps: why don't we have a stickied thread about what to wear for inteviews (and a stickied link to it in the general uni discussion as well), we've had about a million threads so far :biggrin:
Wear whatever the hell you want. These people deal with students every day, not smart business people. They're really not going to be interested in what you're wearing, just what you have to say.
Reply 7
i wore shirt and jeans to UCL
Reply 8
gianthead
not criticising the course, it's just the students there...well nevermind you'll be ok

Trust me, I've dealth with far worse in employment :wink:
Reply 9
Had an interview at Loughborough and I wore jeans and a smart jumper. So did most people; the only person in the suit stuck out like a sore thumb!

Latest

Trending

Trending