The Student Room Group

Help tuition fee policy

i am a late applicant and i have only just started my course however i soon realise i would much rather start next year despite the fee's , if i quit now will i still have to pay all the tutition fee costs ( i will be reapplying at the same university ) so it would make sense if they didnt charge me as i have literally only been to one lecture and i'm coming back next year paying 9000 surely thats a better deal for them ! but in this messed up world we live in i'm props going to have to cough up. Any one know ?
Reply 1
If you've already attended then the University may charge you *some* fees, and you will have used up 1 years entitlement (your +1 year) for student finance.
Reply 2
thanks for that , yes the course started late september but i ment to start next week because i applied very late thinking its what i wanted, and what does that mean i cant apply for student finace next year ? , ( i havnt actually reveived any payments from student finance yet if that changes anything
Reply 3
Have you actually enrolled on your course? If so, then it will count as one of your years's study, regardless if you've had any money off SF. The funding you get is: course length + 1 - previous study. So if you've already enrolled you will have used your +1 year, meaning you will get full funding if you start the course again, but if you had to re-do a year for any reason you wouldn't get the funding.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending