The Student Room Group

Should Jewish people drive German cars?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Arabs buy American cars, look what America has done to them in the last 10 years.
Original post by Flibbles
It is a car. Not a Tiger tank. It does not possess any form of Nazi ideology nor has it invaded Poland.

How could anybody say no to a Tiger tank?

What about Italian cars?
Original post by PendulumBoB
What about Italian cars?

I am pretty sure that Mussolini did not follow the same line against Jews as Hitler did, in most cases the Italian military refused to co-operate with the Nazi's and forced people in their zones to rescind their deportation orders.
does she have an issue with black people using whatever europeans have produced?
Reply 84
It was like 60 years ago, people need to get over it.. It's only a car
There are German Jewish or Jewish German's.

So I don't think driving a German car should be a problem. Besides, it's personal preference really..
Did it have Jewish spark plugs?
Reply 87
lol this shouldn't be an issue..its a vehicle for Gods sake XD
Reply 88
haha idiots or what
I can understand some Jews maybe being reluctant to, but times have completely changed since then. Most of the people making/designing the cars will have nothing against Jews and the Jews shouldn't feel targeted at all. There is a new generation now, one which is much more open to social equality, not to mention how ashamed many German citizens are nowadays of their country's past. Besides, many Germans back then did not have a choice but to go along with the Nazi Regime and were effectively brainwashed into thinking the Jews were so bad - so many of those people still alive today hugely regret their actions.

I know it's not quite the same, but it's like us refusing to have anything to do with Germany because they planned on invading us (and did try) back in WWII. But we know the people living there today are not the people who tried to take over the World, and we know it would be ridiculous to hate Germans because of what their ancestors tried to do.
Original post by Ice Constricter
So recently me and my mum had an argument about this and she believes that they shouldn't even consider buying a car produced by a german manufacture considering the past events in the holocaust.

It all started when I was in my mum's car and we were at a set of traffic lights. Next thing you know a guy in a convertible pulls up alongside us wearing the full jewish attire and because he pulled up a bit ahead of us I notice the badge at the rear of the car, and needless to say it was a BMW.
So I mutter for a joke "look at this jewish guy in his bmw showing off”. And my mum replies, "he has no no shame".
Then I look at her and say, "its just a car, its not like he worships the germans or whatever".
Then angrily she says "what the germans did was one of the most atrocious crimes in all of history and he should be a bit more sensitive to the issue."
And I'm just sitting thinking wtf its a flippin car god damn.

Anyway sorry for getting a bit carried away there but this is how it went back and forth.

So the question is, is it really such a big deal for a jew to drive a german car?
And please I don't want anyone insulting my mum, if you think she's wrong please state why in a non offensive way. Thanks :smile:

Your Mum is wrong, clearly.

We've been at peace with Germany for years, it's not like BMW is owned by nazi's...
Original post by tif49
In a manner of speaking, yes.

Unfunny.
Reply 92
I'm Jewish and i don't have a problem with anything German.
There are many Jewish people who live in Germany and many German students visiting Israel to learn about the holocaust.
Germany pays a lot of money to Jewish funds to support the survivors, and offers good conditions to Jewish people who choose to move to Germany.
i think that as long as Germany won't cause another holocaust ,there is nothing wrong with it!
Reply 93
let me start off by saying audi makes the best luxury cars..more so then bmw and merc

if everyone started holding grudges over the past, then white people should be wiped out for their

involvement in slavery and the abuse they gave out to blacks and most other races at that.

Japs should be eliminated for their behavior towards americans, koreans..

I can care less about who makes audi, the involvment of audi during the nazi times, all i care is that

when i cough up that much money for a car, it better make me happy.. which it does thoroughly
What does she think of Jews eating Kinder eggs?
Your mum's an idiot.
I can see the argument for not driving a Volkswagen, but even then, it's not like Hitler has touched your car, or is profiting from it; but it is a brand he came up with.
1. It's their choice
2. You can't blame an entire nation for the mistakes of a few men (specifically one man, Hitler, an Austrian -- not even German!!).

I agree. It's a car for ****'s sake...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
People working for BMW today are not the people who were behind the holocaust (as far as I'm aware :P)

Quick Reply

Latest