The Student Room Group

What do I do?

Basically, this guy I know I started talking to again. In a nutshell - we went on a date about 7 months ago and he was a prick, so I blocked him and only recently did I add him after seeing him. I thought it was because he realised he didn't like me after all for whatever reason.

Forward two months since I added him... over the past week he's been really interested in me and has been re-apologising and stuff. He keeps inviting me over his, saying he wants to spend time with me, but I'm too scared (and insecure) because I'm really unhappy with the way I look and by the time I sort myself out he'll move on. The bad date made me paranoid because what if he thinks AGAIN that we're not "relationship material"...

What do I do? I tell myself he's confused. I do like him and want to spend time with him but I feel I have so many flaws lol, it's quite pathetic really.

Advice?
Reply 1
Why was he a prick on the date?

Is he asking you on a date or just to go over to his place?
Former: might have changed his mind, might like you.
Latter: wants a shag.

If you have so many issues with yourself, you're probably not relationship material though.. It's really frustrating being with someone who's on a downer about themselves all the time. If you have "flaws", try fixing them. If you can't fix them, learn to live with them.
Reply 2
Dunno about the shag, he invited me when others were there too. And he said if he could ask me out again he would.

He was a prick because he blanked me and text me at the end saying he doesn't think we're relationship material. He has now told me it was because he was shy/didn't know what to do and the fact his friends were there too didn't help.

I'm just confused, hate not knowing

And my insecurities only come out when I'm with someone I like, because I feel like they'll judge me.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Dunno about the shag, he invited me when others were there too. And he said if he could ask me out again he would.

Well, go out on another date then.. But don't go to his alone, in case he just wants a hook up.

He was a prick because he blanked me and text me at the end saying he doesn't think we're relationship material. He has now told me it was because he was shy/didn't know what to do and the fact his friends were there too didn't help.

Hm, viable excuses I suppose.

And my insecurities only come out when I'm with someone I like, because I feel like they'll judge me.

Rationally, if someone likes you, you shouldn't feel insecure, as they must have reasons for liking you. You should probably work out what there is about yourself to like, I'm sure there are many things.. And if there are things you don't like that you can change, work on doing that :smile: You won't be so bothered in future if you've learned to like yourself.
Reply 4
I guess. Thanks :smile:
Reply 5
I'd rather go to his alone than a date, strangely enough, I'm weird aren't I lol. I just don't see myself being comfortable with him in public before being alone

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending