The Student Room Group

Why am I always wet?

Straight to the point, I always seem to be wet :\ its constant, and its often just a clear liquid/sometimes cloudy (sorry bout details!). It happens especially when I'm nervous or in new situations :\ like last night, I went clubbing for the first time with friends, and it kept happening then :\ i can always seem to smell it on me and it makes me sooooo self-conscious :frown: I wear liners etc, but they seem to make it worse :\ what could it be, and how can i stop it?! Im a 17 year old girl btw
The amount of discharge a girl produces varies throughout her cycle - you tend to produce a lot more during ovulation etc. So maybe have a look at the calendar and keep a tally of how bad it is etc and try and see if there's a link there?

Also, it could mean you have a yeast infection - which is nothing serious and can be easily treated. Signs of yeast infections: White, cottage cheese-like discharge, Swelling and pain around the vulva or Intense itching. If you aren't showing these symptoms then that's unlikely.

It is very unlikely to be any sort of infection or anything, every woman differs and it's actually a healthy things as it's cleaning you out. It is a pain though, and being a woman, I understand that. Perhaps if you are troubled by it you could go and see a nurse? It may sound embarrassing, but it's a common issue and at least then you wouldn't have to worry about it.

Hope this helps!
Original post by Anonymous
Straight to the point, I always seem to be wet :\ its constant, and its often just a clear liquid/sometimes cloudy (sorry bout details!). It happens especially when I'm nervous or in new situations :\ like last night, I went clubbing for the first time with friends, and it kept happening then :\ i can always seem to smell it on me and it makes me sooooo self-conscious :frown: I wear liners etc, but they seem to make it worse :\ what could it be, and how can i stop it?! Im a 17 year old girl btw

Could be an infection yeh. Although, are you constantly horny/have a high sex drive? Its a very hormonal age so it could be you are constantly turned on? Not many girls are like that but some are
Reply 3
As another has already said, it is healthy. And it does indeed vary throughout your cycle, so much so that you can tell how fertile you are.

It can vary from dry - sticky - creamy - watery - egg white (most fertile).
I have this too, it is a pain because I have to use liners all the time. Some brands are better than others for this issue. I am on the pill but it's been like that since before I was on it. It doesn't mean anything is wrong with you - does it smell and look normal? ie. No strange odour or colour.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous

If there's a smell (to the point where you can smell it just sat as you are) it could be something called BV (bacterial vaginosis)
Its a change in the PH balance of the vagina.
Its usually due to overwashing, and because theres a smell and excess of discharge(man I hate that word), you may be inclined to wash even more which can just make things worse. If it is BV your doctor will likely just give you some antibiotics to clear it right up :smile:
No worries, its very common.

Quick Reply

Latest