The Student Room Group

Anyone applying for Midwifery 2012?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jennifer_c
Hey everyone. I'm having two interviews soon(nottingham and coventry uni). I'm so nervous!! Do you guys have any tips on interview(ie. dress? questions?)

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks :smile:

hi :smile: I have an interview at Nottingham to on the 4th of April, whens yours? :smile: id wear job interview style clothes, but something practical :smile: the queastions shouldnt be too extreme either x
Reply 81
Original post by JadeVictoria
Hey :smile: i've applied to BCU and Coventry. Had my interview at Coventry on 1st Dec, and have an interview at BCU on 7th March! When did you apply? xx

Hey...im having an interview at coventry next month :smile: how's yours? and tips? xx
Reply 82
Original post by LongTallAnd
hi :smile: I have an interview at Nottingham to on the 4th of April, whens yours? :smile: id wear job interview style clothes, but something practical :smile: the queastions shouldnt be too extreme either x

Mine is next tuesday (27/3). Thanks for the advices...Hopefully the questions will be the basic ones not the one about proper knowledge for this course :s-smilie: And I heard that we need to do a presentation as part of the interview? x
Hey...im having an interview at coventry next month :smile: how's yours? and tips? xx

Hey. It wasn't too bad :smile: the group interview was quite relaxed and we just discussed questions amongst ourselves rather than actual interview style questions aimed at individuals.. Was more to see how well we communicated. The maths and english tests weren't hard either. You'll be fine. Just make sure you talk in the interview but don't overpower. I also had an interview at Nottingham and I got an offer. They were really nice there and it was relaxed :smile: xx
Reply 84
Hey everyone,
I had an interview at Nottingham a few weeks ago and it wasn't too bad. We had a group interview where we had to make a poster on healthy eating which I don't think went very well for me personally because I was quite nervous and didn't really shine. But the one to one interview was okay, the women were lovely who interviewed me and the questions weren't too hard. They did ask about midwifery in the media which sort of caught me out cos I hadn't looked at that too much. Haven't heard back yet but fingers crossed.
I have an interview at Coventry on Thursday, any tips?
I've also had interviews at Leeds and BCU and got an offer from BCU :smile:
xx
Reply 85
Original post by Laurengemma7
Hello! :smile:

I have also applied for 2012 entry + wondered if anyone had heard anything from northampton, coventry, birmingham city, wolverhampton or herts ? :smile: although my application went off just before xmas because my institute were so slow just wanted to see :smile:

thanks! x

hey! i've had an interview at birmingham city and they offered me a place :smile: and i've got my coventry interview this week! have you heard anything back from those two? good luck! xx
Reply 86
Birmingham City haven't done anything yet but should be within the next few weeks :smile: and i've already had my Coventry interview! xx

I got an interview for conventry in two weeks :smile: do u have any tips?? x
I got an interview for conventry in two weeks :smile: do u have any tips?? x

Hey i answered before, up the page :smile: It was fine really. Group interview is hard to get your message across sometimes but if you're with a good group, like i was, it flows well. Harder to know if you've done well though i think. Good luck, i'm sure you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 88
Hey i answered before, up the page :smile: It was fine really. Group interview is hard to get your message across sometimes but if you're with a good group, like i was, it flows well. Harder to know if you've done well though i think. Good luck, i'm sure you'll be fine :smile:

Thanks :biggrin: hopefull i will be in a good group :confused: Did they give you time to prepare? And what was your topic for the group interview?? x
On my interview letter it said the topic was to do with managing your study or something like that, but on the day the group discussion was nothing like that. The interviewer just asked things like 'why midwifery?', 'what got you interested in it?' etc and we just discussed out answers. The day was quite rushed I thought. You all meet in a cafe area where you register. Then you go for a presentation on the course. You do the maths and English tests in the same room. Then they split you into groups based on surnames for the group discussion. The interview is only about 20 minutes and the whole day was over in about 2 hours xx
Anyone got an Interview at Sheffield hallam Tomorrow for midwifery?? :smile: x
Reply 91
got an interview for nottingham uni tomorrow :s-smilie: wish me luck x
got an interview for nottingham uni tomorrow :s-smilie: wish me luck x

Awh they we really nice on my day. Not too scary! How did it go? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending