The Student Room Group

My flirty cousin!!

Ok I really don't know who to talk to about this because it's kinda awkward and I feel totally confused. This is going to be quite long so I apologise for the long read. I just don't think I can shorten the situation out as I would appreciate feedback on the matter.

So I have this cousin who I'm really, really close to. We get on really well and we've always had a pretty close cousin relationship. However, last summer it was the first time he started flirting with me and I obviously asked him not to. I didn't want to make such a big deal about it and I didn't actually want to stop talking to him. I just didn't want him to flirt with me. I, of course, thought he would have taken it fairly well and just apologised for being like that; but instead he avoided me for literally 3 weeks or so. I just got on with him like normal and didn't really see the need for him to act cold and awkward towards me. To be honest, the fact that he avoided me just because I said don't flirt just made things a bit tense between us and it was obvious because of what I had said. I didn't really see the point in him feeling that he had to avoid me.

About a month later, our cousin was getting married. I didn't really speak to him. A few days before the wedding, he had texted me when I got home and he kept saying how he thought I looked "nice" when he seen me in the hallway and he wanted to "check me out". I remember upon receiving this text, I was slightly confused yet again. I'm sure I told him not to talk to me like that?? :confused: Anyway, that night we were talking via text and he said why he avoided me and it was because he felt embarrassed about it. He said he really likes speaking to me and how he missed not us talking to each other. However, within minutes of him explaining to me that he felt embarrassed he started the whole flirting/opening up to me business AGAIN!!!! :eek: I didn't know what to do or what to even say. He said how he thought I looked "hot" at the wedding and he "couldn't stop staring at me." I wasn't too sure were the conversation was going and I just wanted to say goodnight and I did. However, he wanted to talk because he knew I was annoyed with him.

Few days after the wedding, my cousin said that a nephew had phoned him up asking him if me and him are "together". I don't really understand this **** and I don't get why my nephew would even ask him such a thing. WE ARE NOT TOGETHER!! It just seems so dumb to me that someone would ask my cousin that. He's not my mate were I'd understand, say for example, another mate had asked. But this is my cousin and a nephew asking him that.... what the ****!!!! :angry: Because of my reaction towards this my cousin said we should avoid each other for a few weeks. My cousin turned cold towards me and I kept saying to him there's no need because a) we are not together and b) your my cousin so that wouldn't even be possible!! BY THE WAY, I even got the blame for the phonecall!!!:mad: In anger, my cousin said "were related" but about a week later my cousin started the flirting again :confused:

The flirting and my cousin opening up to me kept happening and I really wanted it to stop. It turned into this horrible and vicious cycle!! I didn't want to cut contact because he means a lot to me and we've always been so close (as I have mentioned before). I just wanted to have a serious conversation with him but every time he used to flirt i used to think that's the only way he communicates with me and I felt everyday that his behaviour was going to ruin things between me and him. They did :frown:

Every time I try and talk to my cousin on the level he just blanks me and acts bitter towards me. I don't get it. Shouldn't it be me whose being like that with him?? He's given me the silent treatment for MONTHS and I honestly, cannot take it anymore. What have I done?? I ask him all the time but he blatantly blanks me and ignores me.

What the **** is his problem?? I've been really nice about all this and at times I've even had to be firm with him. I just want us to get along like normal cousins do. Am i asking for too much?? :frown:
Reply 1
If he's gonna flirt all the time, then it might best you have hardly any contact. It might suck, but, it sounds like he won't change.
Reply 2
Original post by Paul M
If he's gonna flirt all the time, then it might best you have hardly any contact. It might suck, but, it sounds like he won't change.

Well it wouldn't have to be like this if he had never started it in the first place.

I just wish he gave me an explanation for his behaviour. It's so stupid!
is he ur 1st cousing.....your parents brothers or sisters son
or a 2nd cousin?
Reply 4
I wonder if I had a really hot sister, like 9.5/10, would I fancy her?
Reply 5
Original post by britishgoose01
is he ur 1st cousing.....your parents brothers or sisters son
or a 2nd cousin?

second
Reply 6
Original post by Miza
I wonder if I had a really hot sister, like 9.5/10, would I fancy her?

Do you not think that it's wrong that he flirted with me?? :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending