The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry B F331 Chemistry for Life (13-01-2012)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Golmob93
Can you please send me the f331 June 2011 mark scheme or marked paper thanks

Hi,

You know the paper you have could u please scan it or send a link on here pleaseeeeeee ill be greatful

Thank you:smile:
Reply 21
has anyone got the mark scheme and question paper for june 2011 plz it will really help
Reply 22
Mines sooo bad i just dont understand the stupid enthalpy cycles lool wat bout u hws urs:smile:
Reply 23
I haven't started preparing! Well, I did lots of preparation for my mocks but now I haven't really done much at all. Going to revise every day from this point. Fortunately the grade boundaries may not be as high in January for chemistry.
Reply 24
Doing the 98-question pack now. I hope I can get 90/90 UMS, would really take the pressure off the practicals... if I can get 90/90 and 150/150 in F331 and F331, I wouldn't even have to do any practical to get an A!

Now if only the same could be said for the A2 coursework...
Reply 25
I wanted to be entered but it was too far past the deadline, so am doing it in June along with F334 and possibly F335 if my teacher lets me.

Have not done any skills yet... will be starting them in Feb.
Reply 26
Year 12
Reply 27
Original post by Zhy
Year 12

Year 12? How will you be able to do F334 Plus F335 in June?? How did you convince the teachers LOL
Reply 28
Original post by M.Breezy
I couldn't find a thread on this exam so I've made one for us all to share our ideas and thoughts on the exam.
I am retaking this exam hoping to get higher than my previous C :biggrin:

Exactly the same as me! If I can find 18 UMS I'll get up to an A overall. :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by ManPowa
Year 12? How will you be able to do F334 Plus F335 in June?? How did you convince the teachers LOL

They quizzed me on a lot of the later content from the A2 modules and I knew quite a bit of it already...
Reply 30
Original post by Zhy
They quizzed me on a lot of the later content from the A2 modules and I knew quite a bit of it already...

Oh okay. Theyre not very easy units. Lot of Work. Huge Jump.
Reply 31
Original post by ManPowa
Oh okay. Theyre not very easy units. Lot of Work. Huge Jump.

I know, which is why I started work on them in October
Reply 32
Maths, Further Maths, Further Maths (Additional), Physics, Statistics, EPQ

May take up Biology and Electronics next year and probably Critical Thinking/GS
Reply 33
All of them with the exception of physics (I'm doing only 1 of the 2 A2 exams). Chemistry may not be able to be completed in one year either because of the way my school does the coursework (their Year 13 class has already finished it whereas I haven't started).

Electronics has not been started yet so may be moved to Year 13 to be honest.

And they said if the workload is too much that I can drop the EPQ.
Reply 34
Varies, sometimes none, sometimes 2 hours, sometimes 16 even. On average, about 7.

Hopefully maths or theoretical physics...
Reply 35
Thanks... the dedication seems to have subsided a little over the holidays though!
Reply 36
Anyone else found the jan 2010 paper hard? I found it rather hard...the mark scheme is so specific! got 41/60 on it :/ the lowest in any paper ive ever done..
Reply 37
Original post by Hanz_a93
Anyone else found the jan 2010 paper hard? I found it rather hard...the mark scheme is so specific! got 41/60 on it :/ the lowest in any paper ive ever done..

41/60 in that paper was an A. Here were the boundaries:

F331 Jan-10 51 46 41 36 31 26 21

51 for full UMS, 41 for an A, 36 for B, 31 for C, etc.
Reply 38
Original post by Hanz_a93

That jan 10 exam was my first ever a-level exam and what a wake up exam it was. Hardest F331 EXAM Ive ever seen. All the other exams are not that bad but the JAN 10 was horrible.
Reply 39
I did Jan 2010 and got 59/60 but I agree there were some tricky questions in there. But to be honest, some of those questions came up in older papers pre-2004 even, so it's possible to have prepared for it... although, they were for the old spec.

How's everyone feeling about the exam?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending