The Student Room Group

So I got mugged...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pride
I'm black, but I laughed for a good minute when I read this.

Why does that matter? The OP is asking for advice, and you just want to know what race the muggers were...

:facepalm2:

Tell him again .
It's not that useless if you have a passcode and they try to guess it after a certain number of goes the data on the phone is erased
Reply 42
Seriously who mugs a girl?

cowards
Original post by ChapelTom
Oh come now, are people really that sad to find someone? Or have I misjudged the retardedness of this country?

We saw from the london riots that a high percentage of the youth of today will do anything for a meal so im sure they would be on there way to his house
Reply 44
Sell both properties to the police.
Oh your a girl . sadly it happens :frown: just out of interest we no they are not black so what colour were they ?
Original post by 2ndClass

cowards

Do you feel mugging males is better/more acceptable?
Reply 47
Original post by franzk
what colour were they? Black?

Sorry to hear

Personally I would change locks ASAP and just keep weapons around the house for the time being incase anything happens obv god forbit that happens.

Shut up! ^^^

Op it's not likely they'll be after your house, but if it makes you feel safer then get the locks changed. Are you renting? If so maybe you can ask the landlord.

As for the mugging, it's bad thing to go through, but don't let it put you off going about your daily business. Their just *******s with nothing better in their life, the fact that they stoop so low means their life is probably pretty ****, they're just pathetic.
Original post by vintage_007

Aww that sounds terrifying, poor you! My experience was a lot less scary and self-inflicted since I was drunk, am female and was walking 5 miles home but still not great... Small mercies with your 3DS!

No sympathy.
Oh that's awful, :frown:

Change your locks to be safe.
Reply 50
Original post by Space Needle

yes I do infact, kind of follows the "pick on your own size" rule.
Original post by Helpful_Charlie
No sympathy.

What?
Being drunk does not justify a person being mugged.

Well tbh, if you live far from where you were mugged then I cannot see them doing anymore. Just remember to keep your stuff out of sight in public, especially in dodgy areas during early mornings. Try not to talk alone again as well.

STAY SAVE
Reply 53
No sympathy.

Original post by EffieFlowers
What?

I didn't say it did.

The OP knew that she would have to walk, in the dark, 5 miles. The OP should also know the local statistics for crime, and then take precautions to avoid becoming a statistic. One precaution, believe it or not, would be not getting drunk.

It's not rocket science.
Original post by morris743

No, the person who gets drunk is the idiot.

Rep-hunter.
It's a long shot but try going to iCloud.com and type in your details and see if you can find your iPhone. You/ they might have turned on the feature. Worth a shot I suppose?

www.iCloud.com

You need to put in your Apple ID and password.

Your iPhone can be jailbroken and usable again (depending on a lot of technical things which I won't bore you with here), but they'll need to wipe off everything from the phone so don't worry about that.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 57

No I just handed them over!

Thanks all! x

Silly what if they were bluffing?
Sad to hear and I'm sorry you had to experience that.
Reply 59
Original post by Jiraiya is no liar
Never go to sleep without a cricket bat beside your bedside.

Haha okay, I'll bear that in mind!

Original post by littleangel9914
It's not that useless if you have a passcode and they try to guess it after a certain number of goes the data on the phone is erased

Ahh damn, I'll do that next time!

cowards

Haha not nice but then it wouldn't be nice for a guy either!

Original post by theoferdinand
We saw from the london riots that a high percentage of the youth of today will do anything for a meal so im sure they would be on there way to his house

Yes that's worrying! Still, it's been over 24 hours now so I'm hoping that, if anything was going to happen, it would have done before now...

Sell both properties to the police.

Not a feasible option but thanks anyway!

Original post by theoferdinand
Oh your a girl . sadly it happens :frown: just out of interest we no they are not black so what colour were they ?

Yeah, I know. They were Asian, not that it makes any difference - so am I!

Original post by Space Needle

Definitely not!

Original post by U.S Lecce
Shut up! ^^^

Op it's not likely they'll be after your house, but if it makes you feel safer then get the locks changed. Are you renting? If so maybe you can ask the landlord.

As for the mugging, it's bad thing to go through, but don't let it put you off going about your daily business. Their just *******s with nothing better in their life, the fact that they stoop so low means their life is probably pretty ****, they're just pathetic.

Thanks and yes I rent my flat in London - have only been there 2 months though and never spoken to the landlord so not sure he's going to be too happy!

Yeah I know, maybe I'll just be more cautious in future!

No sympathy.

That truly was very helpful. Ta for that.

Oh that's awful, :frown:

Change your locks to be safe.

Thanks and will do :smile:

yes I do infact, kind of follows the "pick on your own size" rule.

Think that's skewed logic but each to their own!

What?

I agree!

Original post by pinda.college
Well tbh, if you live far from where you were mugged then I cannot see them doing anymore. Just remember to keep your stuff out of sight in public, especially in dodgy areas during early mornings. Try not to talk alone again as well.

STAY SAVE

Fingers crossed... Will do and thanks.

Hahahaha!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending