The Student Room Group

If you could live during any period, in any country...

Scroll to see replies

well i'd love to be in another country, during my girlfriend's period...
Reply 81
That time when the ancient astronauts were around. No really.
I'm black so nowhere before 1980.
Reply 83
Also the Gilded Age in the US is.. interesting
I echo 1960's America, just for one of those milkshake bars. :drool:
Reply 85
Tiberius north of Occupied Palestine during the ottoman empire's rule over it. XD or New york in 70s with loaaaaadsa money!
Reply 86
I haven't read the whole tread, but i'd go back and live with the MOFO DINOSAURS!!
late 1530's, and id stay here :biggrin: the books im reading at the moment is set around that time, but id have to have a few pennies :wink:
though when i move onto a new book the answer to this will probably change with it lol
x
1930s to 1990's Germany, I would love to see what it was like to live through Nazi Germany and how the war would have affected me and then I would also like to see the aftermath of Germany and Allied - Soviet occupation until the fall of the Berlin Wall.
ITT. People go back for 3 days, phone runs out of battery, catch a cold, get mugged, and miss deodorant and toothbrush
19th century England. But not as an Indian girl (LOL) but as a White woman of nobility. But I do wish they had better women's rights.

This isn't really a period of time but I wish I was in India on August 15th 1947. Just for that day because that's when India got independence and people must have been in such great spirits. I would have loved to experience that feeling of freedom and coming together as country.

1960's US

yupp....all I can think of right now
I'd remain the same age (16) but I'd like to live in war time Britain... 1939-45. The stories I've heard from my grandparents made me really intrigued!
Reply 92
I'm going to have to agree with numerous other people in being a wealthy upper-class male in the nineteenth century Victorian period

Second to that, I'd have liked to live during the Middle Ages as a Knight in shining armour.

However, I do think the past is glorified a little too much and we neglect how lucky we actually are nowadays.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 93
During Britains Imperial Century as an upper class male.
Modern Japan :biggrin:

I would live in the present, the standard of living has never been higher. I might stay in England, maybe move to Australia.
Reply 96
I'd find it hard to choose between the late 9th/early10th C and mid 14th C, England. These, in my view, are two of the greatest eras of political change in our country's history, possibly even greater than 1066 era. I would love to be there in 937 at the Battle of Brunanburh in which Athelstan crushed the final opposition to his unification of all the Anglo Saxon kingdoms into one England, or in the 880s (I think) when Alfred made a heroic final stand against a seemingly unstoppable wave of Vikings who had conquered all of England, destroying them and saving England from becoming "New Denmark", or something along those lines...
I sound like a nationalist now :/
For me... Central Europe or Eastern Asia during the classical times. Since those eras are interesting for me.

Really.... (going to sound weird) the 1950's/1960's in North Korea. Because I want to know what life is really like in North Korea.
Reply 98
Bump.
Original post by philistine
Bump.

Yep.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending