The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

The "I have an offer from Edinburgh" thread [NO DISCUSSION]

Okay ladies and gentlemen, it seems that a few offers are starting to come out now for international (non EU) students so its about time we got our offers thread sorted out.

Most of you will NOT be hearing from Edinburgh until after the January 15th deadline with a lot of people waiting well into March for a decision on their application now. The people who are getting offers at this stage are by and large international students who are subject to different considerations than people who are eligible for home fees.

However, well done if you do have an offer! If you'd like, you can share your news here with:

Course:
Offer Conditions:
International or Home/EU:
Reaction:

Firm/Insurance choice: (update this thread when you've decided on your choices)

Please take any chat/excitement/discussion/panic relating to other people's offers (or your own) to one of these threads:

Applicant chat thread

The Edinburgh FAQ/Q&A/Ask a Current Student thread

The outside courses/extra subjects question & help thread
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Course: English Literature
Offer Conditions: 34 IB points with 5-5-5 at HLs.
Reaction: Completely and utterly thrilled :biggrin:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Course: Computer Science & Electronics
Offer Conditions: Unconditional
Reaction: Thrilled to get the offer, but Cambridge is my first choice (Edinburgh is probably =2nd with Bristol and Imperial)
Reply 3
Course: Public Health (MPH)
Offer Conditions: Two satisfactory references (my references hadn't uploaded at the time the offer was made)
Reaction: Very pleasantly surprised to get an offer so quickly, especially seeing as my undergrad was unrelated to public health
Reply 4
Course: Social Anthropology
Offer Conditions: BBB with one being economics
Reaction: Yay. When I received an email from them, I was so scared it was a rejection.
Reply 5
Course: Artificial intelligence & Computer Science
Conditions: 80% Average including Math and at least 50% in English on my British Columbian Diploma
Reaction: That was quick
Reply 6
Course: Law
Offer Conditions: 34 IB points, 5-5-5 HL points
Reaction: Ecstatic!
Reply 7
Course: International Relations
Offer Conditions: BBB
Reaction: happy to get an offer but it's not my first choice.. but thrilled as it's my 1st offer (hope its not the last!) and all my friends had already gotten at least 2!
Reply 8
Course code/name: L100/Economics
Offer: Conditional BBB
:smile:
Reply 9
Course: MSc Artificial Intelligence
Condition: 2:1 undergraduate degree
Reaction: Thrilled and surprised because I didn't expect such a quick answer. Edinburgh is my second choice so I'm still waiting for other answers to come :smile:
Course: Graduate Entry Law
Conditions: Unconditional
Reaction: Intrigued
Course:Archaeology and Social Anthropology
Condition: Successful completion of French Baccalaureate with an overall score of 14, with 12 in three subjects.

I don't understand "12 in three subjects". To get an overall score of 14 I need more than 14 in most subjects anyway. So do they mean that I can't get lower than 12 in three subjects?

reaction: very pleased with myself. now I feel motivated to stop reading about archaeology all the time and get to work on physics, math and chemistry. 14, here I go!
Course: French and History (RV11)
Offer Conditions: Conditional BBB at A Level (to include French)
Reaction: Delighted! Am hoping this will be my insurance but it's my only offer so far... fingers crossed for a few more!
(edited 12 years ago)
Course: History
Offer Conditions: Unconditional!!
Reaction: Delighted!! I'm so happy :biggrin:
Reply 14
Just to remind you all - this is a NO discussion thread.

If you want to talk about offers or find out about other people's applications then please use the applicant chat thread rather than this one. The point of having two threads is to keep one free from discussion/clutter as then its easier to find out who has offers :smile:
Course: Sociology and Politics
Conditions: Unconditional
Reaction: Relieved
Reply 16
Course: Genetics C400
Offer Conditions: AAB
Reaction: Super ecstatic! Jumping up and down shouting "yes! yes! yes!" included.
course: History
conditions: unconditional
reaction: happy but not my first choice, still waiting for other replies!
Reply 18
Course: Architecture K100
Offer Conditions: 34 IB Points, 555 on HL subjects
Reaction: No words! Edinburgh is my top choice and my first offer!
Very very happy to say the least. :smile:
Reply 19
Course: LLM
Offer Conditions: Unconditional
Reaction: Wordless....feel like crying !

Quick Reply